superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nv5wj.jpg

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
KEEP THE GUB'MINT OUT OF OUR LIVES

except when it someone wants to do something that is against my personal religious morals. Then get the gub'mint all up in that shit.

Reaction score
Unnecessary gov't regulation does need to be reined in. But I don't recall anyone advocating no gov't involvement. Have yet to find anyone that wants to do away with all law enforcement and just let murderers and criminals run free, for instance.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unnecessary gov't regulation does need to be reined in. But I don't recall anyone advocating no gov't involvement. Have yet to find anyone that wants to do away with all law enforcement and just let murderers and criminals run free, for instance.

No but anything that regulates business or commerce in a way that might protect people is pooped on as an attack on our freedom - via lobbying from the corporations that fools the people who are going to be protected.

Anything that provides gender or sexual-orientation equality is shitted on as an attack on religion.

Reaction score
Just unnecessary regulation is pooped on.

As for abortion, that is about a separate unique life. Yes, it should be protected.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just unnecessary regulation is pooped on.

As for abortion, that is about a separate unique life. Yes, it should be protected.

Many people would disagree. Hence, any attempt to regulate a woman's choice becomes...wait for it....unnecessary regulation. The same thing conservatives whine constantly about, but would love to impose, when it suits them and their religious beliefs.

Reaction score
Many people would disagree. Hence, any attempt to regulate a woman's choice becomes...wait for it....unnecessary regulation. The same thing conservatives whine constantly about, but would love to impose, when it suits them and their religious beliefs.

Oh yeah, a "woman's choice" to kill her baby. Yes, we don't want to regulate that. Might as well not regulate a "woman's choice" to kill her teenage kids either. I suppose it should be her choice, afterall.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
We've been over this smart guy. Some electricity comes from hydro or nuclear plants and all of it comes from somewhere with emissions that are much better than the average car.

I'm not against Electric cars! I just have some very real down to Earth questions for you though. And this isn't as a conservative or a liberal or anyone else. This is just a guy that is scratching his head, because it doesn't make any sense.

You make this claim that electricity can be produced all these different ways and it would be a no brainier to just set all this up pronto. The rolling black outs that states already have without having everyone and their brother having an electric cars tells you we can keep up with the need how exactly?

The best battery we can produce and recharge are lithium the last metal they can find to do this with. The less dense the metal the better the battery. Thing is that's the last in line... And even then... They don't last long enough for transportation needs of anyone that isn't within 50 miles of their home and don't have kids to take here there or the other. And they take 8 to 10 hours to recharge.

Now if you want to convert gas stations so they carry tons of batteries like a store carries replacements for natural gas for the back yard bbq so every whatever miles someone is on a road trip or even just out to the other side of town can just swap em out, then sure. But no battery is the same these days. So you are stuck basically within a short distance. Add to that the issue of what's going on around your car. How would people in Michigan heat their vehicles in the winter? People in Texas cool their vehicles in the summer and even go 20 miles? How will people in Seattle that have to run their windshield wipers probably the most of anyone in this Country even do this? What if you do all this and would like to listen to some tunes?

Everything you use draws from the battery. There is no way to recharge as you go that doesn't burn the battery already down. Here's my example

I live in Texas. In the summer it can get to 110+ and has for days and weeks straight. I am having a hard time believing that any electric car would be able to stay around much less cool in the summer efficiently enough that it wouldn't run down my battery before I even got to work or went to the store and back.

Sure in the future we can all have pink bunny rabbits and eat candy canes, but right now in the real world. We have neither the infrastructure in place, any sort of thoughts on long range travel for shipments or going to Grand Ma's for Thanksgiving, or any sort of a thought of how if the weather isn't perfect or you want to just sit in your car and listen to the radio, how that will effect the battery life. if everyone just said, OK I'm an electric vehicle man today, the cost of everything would blow up as there is absolutely no way to ship anything over a long distance with electricity.

And to touch on your things that produce electricity...

Hydro/Wind/Solar make up about 8.5% of our energy production

Coal/Natural Gas/Petroleum/ 71.8%

Nuke is 19.4%

The EPA is pushing to close every Coal/natural gas/petroleum plant they can find and you think we can keep up with having to recharge every car with Nuke plants that no one wants near their house, with wind mills no one wants by their house, with solar panel farms that no one wants by their house and Hydro plants that only work from dams on rivers that have become unstable as floods etc etc happens?

new-elect-fuel-source.gif

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into a debate on abortion, what I am saying is that there is a large segment of the human population that does not believe a fetus to a certain age is a person/baby. This differs from teenager-killing in that it is basically unanimous among human that teenagers are persons and therefore granted protection.

Given that discord....any attempt to regulate a woman's choice becomes...wait for it....unnecessary regulation. The same thing conservatives whine constantly about, but would love to impose, when it suits them and their religious beliefs.

Corporations...let em do whatever they want. If you don't you're a capitalism hating commie.

Women? Decide what they can do for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry but anyone with a brain not trying to push an agenda would know that the living being inside the woman is just not some part of the woman's body that she can do whatever she wants to with it.

The entire choice argument is bogus since its not about the the woman herself but about a separate being.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are a ton of people with brains who strongly disagree with you.

Given that disagreement.....everything I said earlier that didn't sink in.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You don't have to have an abortion if you don't want to.

You don't have to get gay married if you don't want to.

You don't have to smoke pot if you don't want to.

amirite "libertarians"?

Reaction score
There's plenty of things you don't have to do. There are also many things that are wrong regardless of whether you do them or not.

Reaction score
Dude, if you don't want to kill someone then don't, but don't bitch about those who do.

If you don't want to rob a bank, then don't. But don't whine about those who do.

[/superpunk]

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dude, if you don't want to kill someone then don't, but don't bitch about those who do.

If you don't want to rob a bank, then don't. But don't whine about those who do.

[/superpunk]

Are you being intentionally obtuse or are you just stupid?

What part of the fact that a HUGE segment of our population disagrees with you about abortion are you not getting? As opposed to things like murdering actual human persons and robbery?

Top Bottom