Reaction score
Many people would disagree. Hence, any attempt to regulate a woman's choice becomes...wait for it....unnecessary regulation. The same thing conservatives whine constantly about, but would love to impose, when it suits them and their religious beliefs.
Two can play that game...

Death penalty for those who have murdered innocent people = "No wai thatz crool an unusuel"

Murdering innocent unborn people = "hellz ya to that shit. Gotz to give dem stupid mothers to be a do over"

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Two can play that game...

Death penalty for those who have murdered innocent people = "No wai thatz crool an unusuel"

Murdering innocent unborn people = "hellz ya to that shit. Gotz to give dem stupid mothers to be a do over"

Fetuses (unborn things to a certain term) aren't people.

Death penalty is cool, but you can't ignore the data from the rest of the developed world who has changed from our way of looking at/punishing crime/running prisons to what may seem a more progressive and milder outlook on rehabilitation. FFS Norwegians or someone like them (Finland, whatever who can keep them straight?) are shutting down jails because they don't have enough prisoners. Meanwhile....in America....

Everyone's a hypocrite somewhere, but the current conservative bullshit mantra of 'no regulation....unless you upset our personal religious and moral beliefs and aren't just trying to make more money by taking advantage of citizens and destroying the environment" is just too funny.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now you understand the dilemma. Gubment says it's ok at this point, whore can't make up her mind, doctor likes money, they make a deal.

We can agree at some point it's fucked up. Find that date, minus 1 month and there you go.

Well I wish noone ever did it and there was a quick simple way to let the chick carry it and then take it out for adoption. Then again, there are already too many people on earth.

Or maybe we could find a way to sterilize everyone until they are ready to decide to have kids in their late 20s/early 30s, take it out of these retards hands?

But guess who would oppose that, too?

pope-0987.jpg
120208_rick_santorum_roars_ap_328.jpg

Reaction score
Well I wish noone ever did it

Why?

Then again, there are already too many people on earth.

The amount of people are fine. It's our resources that are concerning

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fetuses (unborn things to a certain term) aren't people.
They are when Scott Peterson kills his pregnant wife.

Everyone's a hypocrite somewhere, but the current conservative bullshit mantra of 'no regulation....unless you upset our personal religious and moral beliefs and aren't just trying to make more money by taking advantage of citizens and destroying the environment" is just too funny.
Everyone has a bullshit mantra.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
How often are these outages happening and how many people are affected? From what I can gather they only happen at peak demand and would not affect cars being charged over night.

An electric car is not the best solution for everyone, but to dismiss them because they do not fill every need would be absurd.

Part of the movement toward EVs is to solve these problems. When cars were first made the infrastructure was not in place to properly handle them so we worked on creating it. To dismiss EVs simple because we cannot handle them yet is not a reason to completely dismiss them.

no one expects everyone to jump into an EV today, they just want you to consider it if it can fulfill your needs. The more EVs we have on the road the more push there will be to create cheaper EVs, create EV infrastructure, and enable EVs to drive long distances.

This is more an issue of figuring out how to replace our energy sources with cleaner forms of energy than an EV issue. Having individual power plants operating at 20% efficiency is far worse than using coal and petro power plants. The 20% of electricity created by natural gas plants will not be touched by the EPA because it is a domestic fuel source and burns cleaner than coal or petro.

When I buy my next vehicle it will not be an EV because it does not work out for me economically and the limited range is too much of a hindrance. I will keep monitoring the EV market until then but I do not forsee a big enough change for me to go that route at this time. Fuel consumption will be one of my primary concerns for the next vehicle and I am strongly considering a hybrid, though a non-hybrid with great fuel economy will work for me if I like the car and it has a better price.

The idea here is that they want you to be conscious of the fuel consumption of the vehicle you are going to buy. Don't discount the EVs or create unsubstantiated problems for them because of your political beliefs. Be open-minded about your selection and don't get the biggest baddest engine with the worst fuel economy when you don't need it. If you like driving big trucks that need to be filled up daily you should probably be championing the EVs and hybrids so the demand for fuel will continue to drop.

I'm thinking of getting a Hyudai for that very reason. 40 mpg and a 10 year warranty > anything I've seen thus far. And the rolling black outs are effecting CA and TX I know during peak hours during the summer of course, but also during the winter when there really isn't a "peak" it's either freezing or it isn't. The black outs hit hard last year here during the winter and it really sucked not having heat for 3 or 4 hours at a time, especially if you were a special needs person that needed the heat or power to be on to live.

I'm not dismissing electric cars because of one thing. There are just a whole host of reasons they do not make sense now or anytime in the foreseeable future. Right now the only market would be if you were single and not dating and only worked 20 miles from home basically. I guess kids in college? But the cost prices that out. So you only see movie stars in them which puts them in the Lamborghini market of "yeah right"

Putting in charging stations like San Antonio is doing still doesn't effect that they need 8 hours to charge and the way the only batteries they can produce lose effectiveness if recharged with half a charge makes little sense. Electric cars have been around since 1890, but still have the exact same issues they had then.

We may not have had the infrastructure for the gas powered cars. But it sure did happen a lot faster once they came around into a mass produced everyone can have them Ford. I don't foresee that for the electric car market as long as Unions are in control of production. Costs skyrocket when you are paying some guy 60 bucks an hour to turn a wrench 8 hours a day.

And I just pressed on the energy sources available to us all. They all suffer from NIMBY syndrome. Not in my back yard. And I don't see that changing. Nuke pretty much went out the window when Japan had it's last Earthquake and we all got to see the melt down over there.

Cythim

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Hyudai for that very reason. 40 mpg and a 10 year warranty > anything I've seen thus far. And the rolling black outs are effecting CA and TX I know during peak hours during the summer of course, but also during the winter when there really isn't a "peak" it's either freezing or it isn't. The black outs hit hard last year here during the winter and it really sucked not having heat for 3 or 4 hours at a time, especially if you were a special needs person that needed the heat or power to be on to live.

I'm not dismissing electric cars because of one thing. There are just a whole host of reasons they do not make sense now or anytime in the foreseeable future. Right now the only market would be if you were single and not dating and only worked 20 miles from home basically. I guess kids in college? But the cost prices that out. So you only see movie stars in them which puts them in the Lamborghini market of "yeah right"

Putting in charging stations like San Antonio is doing still doesn't effect that they need 8 hours to charge and the way the only batteries they can produce lose effectiveness if recharged with half a charge makes little sense. Electric cars have been around since 1890, but still have the exact same issues they had then.

We may not have had the infrastructure for the gas powered cars. But it sure did happen a lot faster once they came around into a mass produced everyone can have them Ford. I don't foresee that for the electric car market as long as Unions are in control of production. Costs skyrocket when you are paying some guy 60 bucks an hour to turn a wrench 8 hours a day.

And I just pressed on the energy sources available to us all. They all suffer from NIMBY syndrome. Not in my back yard. And I don't see that changing. Nuke pretty much went out the window when Japan had it's last Earthquake and we all got to see the melt down over there.

An electric car would make sense for my wife and I as a second vehicle, but the price is too much for how little we would actually use it. We live, work, and ship within 20 miles of home and could use the EV for our daily routines while keeping our gas car for longer trips. Unfortunately for the EV market I would prefer to spend $17k on a Civic that gets 25mpg than spend $30k on a Nissan Leaf.

Reaction score

Link?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
An electric car would make sense for my wife and I as a second vehicle, but the price is too much for how little we would actually use it. We live, work, and ship within 20 miles of home and could use the EV for our daily routines while keeping our gas car for longer trips. Unfortunately for the EV market I would prefer to spend $17k on a Civic that gets 25mpg than spend $30k on a Nissan Leaf.

Check out Hyundai they are getting 40 mpg man. They look great, have a good warranty and come in a lot of models that get the same gas mileage. I've been researching them about a year now on resell and how bad they are and what not and they are smelling like roses compared to most anyone else about now.

Cythim

Reaction score
Check out Hyundai they are getting 40 mpg man. They look great, have a good warranty and come in a lot of models that get the same gas mileage. I've been researching them about a year now on resell and how bad they are and what not and they are smelling like roses compared to most anyone else about now.

Hyundai is actually at the top of my list. We have a 2007 Hyundai Tuscon and absolutely love the purchase. My wife had to have a V6 instead of a 4cyl. so our fuel economy isn't great (about 18mpg city, 28 highway). We will pay it off at the end of the year so we will be looking to replace my 2002 Dakota, I wanted to wait and spend a couple of years without a car payment but my wife is panicking about gas prices and is afraid the cost of hybrids will go up due to demand. The Camry hybrid is getting great reviews so I might look in that direction as well.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm big on the Warranty these days. The 2007 HHR we got the kid was a big ole stinking pile of poop... right after the 3 year warranty stopped.

Top Bottom