Reaction score
Sure there are unreasonable fans who expect a super bowl every year. You pointing that out, doesn't change the fact that the way this team is run, we only have a chance if we catch lightning in a bottle. Basically, we all hope that the roster can put it all together in spite of the person who puts the roster together.
That's no different than a lot of other fan bases...

Reaction score
Every other fan base can at least reasonably expect change if they don't succeed. Every. single. one.

Meanwhile, Cowboys fans have seen their team's GM run a once-proud franchise coming off a dynastic run into the ground. Even though the GM has now 18 straight seasons of ultimate failure, there is still no real expectation that things will change. Tell me what other fanbases have that level of despair?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Would you be embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium aka shrine aka Tower Of Babylon?

Yes, Jerry. Yes I would.

More and more fans are losing interest and/or expecting us to find ways to lose. THAT is what Cowboys fans have to look forward to. THAT is Jerry's legacy.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No, I'm not asking for us to be "great" every year.

I'm simply asking for us to have a legitimate chance every year. Not a Jerry Jones "We're gonna kick their asses ~wink~nod~ Check out the Victorias Secret outlet on the 2nd level, and oh Gene Jones picked out all the art" chance.

I'm not talking shit.... I really feel like this team is destined to be completely mediocre so long as Jerry, and possibly even his family is in power. I mean, seriously..... we're the Bengals and Cardinals of the NFL now. We're a joke.

That's really sad seeing as how the Cardinals were the in the NFCG a few years ago, bottomed out and still roared back to win 11 games this year.

We're perpetually stuck in 8/9 win mode.

Reaction score
The early 90's were worth it in my opinion. Those teams were awesome and a remarkable pleasure to watch. Heck, Harper's catch against the 49ers ... E. Smith's separated shoulder game ... and so many other memorable games. Those games and times were wonderful.

Also, I enjoyed almost all of the Parcell's tenure in Dallas. Son of Bum's first regular season was very good. The second half of the 2009(?) season when the Cowboys beat the Eagles two games in a row ... that was pretty nice.

More recent seasons have been mind-numbingly bad, of course. And the near future isn't even remotely promising. But those early years were so good that I'd keep them, even if it means that today's futility has basically turned me into a non-fan, free agent now.

Top Bottom