dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jags have only been around 20 years. You can't lump them in with the Browns and Lions and their 70 years of failure. Yet.

True, but the super bowl hasn't been around 70 years either.

I could have thrown in the Panthers too.

Reaction score
PLUS the Jags have been closer to a Super Bowl appearance than us since 1996. MARK BRUNELL! BOOM.

You've been "Rocked". Trademark pending.

Reaction score
Cool. So you're basically just gonna live in the past for the remainder of your fanship?

Because those bottom dweller teams... the Browns, Lions, Jaguars that you mentioned? Yeah... thats the class of teams we fit in with nowadays.

And you know what? It's only going to get worse once 34 year old broke back Romo retires. Not a replacement in sight because we've learned nothing from the Aikman incident.

Reaction score
PLUS the Jags have been closer to a Super Bowl appearance than us since 1996. MARK BRUNELL! BOOM.

You've been "Rocked". Trademark pending.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool. So you're basically just gonna live in the past for the remainder of your fanship?

No, as usual you are missing the point.

I guess your dumbass point is you'd like to be 10-6 or 11-5 every once in awhile and never win anything, than to have actually had SOME awesome seasons and won it big.

Because those bottom dweller teams... the Browns, Lions, Jaguars that you mentioned? Yeah... thats the class of teams we fit in with nowadays.

We're in better shape than the Browns and Jags. Yeah.

And you know what? It's only going to get worse once 34 year old broke back Romo retires. Not a replacement in sight because we've learned nothing from the Aikman incident.

Yep, because we've shown we can never win or compete in games that Romo doesn't play in.

Oh wait.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What are you!? The official DCU Super Bowl Historian?

You might be on to something. Perhaps it'll become a way for me to pass the time here.

I'll educate on all the great stuff from yesteryear. I bet Jon will appreciate it.

Reaction score
For what its worth, on Dan Patrick Show today they did a poll: If you were an NFL head coach, which franchise would you least like to coach? Last I saw Dallas was 2nd, behind only Cleveland.

Reaction score
No, as usual you are missing the point.

I guess your dumbass point is you'd like to be 10-6 or 11-5 every once in awhile and never win anything, than to have actually had SOME awesome seasons and won it big.

That'd be better than being 8-8 every year and never win anything.

And if Jerry had not bought the team, we still would've had the history of winning big. We could've still won in the 1990s (Aikman was a lock #1 pick anyways, Irvin was already here. Never know what would've happened)

We're in better shape than the Browns and Jags. Yeah.

They're horrid... but right now they both have new ownership which alone is reason for optomism. We're perrenial 8-8, with horrible coaching, horrible ownership, horrible cap management, and an aging core. We'll be 5-11 5-11 5-11 before you know it.

Yep, because we've shown we can never win or compete in games that Romo doesn't play in.

Oh wait.

Romo carries this team. You'll see once he retires and we struggle to replace him like we did Aikman.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For what its worth, on Dan Patrick Show today they did a poll: If you were an NFL head coach, which franchise would you least like to coach? Last I saw Dallas was 2nd, behind only Cleveland.

That is sad.

Did he say who was polled? Was it fans? NFL people?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That'd be better than being 8-8 every year and never win anything.

We did have 11-5 and 13-3 seasons. I know, I know. probably wont happen again anytime soon, but even with a goober like Wade here they did do it.

And
if Jerry had not bought the team, we still would've had the history of winning big. We could've still won in the 1990s (Aikman was a lock #1 pick anyways, Irvin was already here. Never know what would've happened)

Maybe, but most likely not. Nobody was better than Jimmy from 89-93. Hell I don't know if anybody in modern league history has ever done what he did. Maybe Walsh when he was running SF.

They're horrid... but right now they both have new ownership which alone is reason for optomism. We're perrenial 8-8, with horrible coaching, horrible ownership, horrible cap management, and an aging core. We'll be 5-11 5-11 5-11 before you know it.

I don't see any hope for either of them. And the Browns ownership right now is a bigger joke than Jerry is. Giving up on a guy after 1 damn yr?

Romo carries this team. You'll see once he retires and we struggle to replace him like we did Aikman.

OK...don't agree, but keep holding onto that.

Reaction score
We did have 11-5 and 13-3 seasons. I know, I know. probably wont happen again anytime soon, but even with a goober like Wade here they did do it.

You're right we did. But that was when Ratliff, Ware, Romo, and a number of others were all much much younger. We were basically taking all the talent Parcells assembled here, but with somewhat modern day coaching and not that pussified Parcells 80's coaching.

Those players are all old or gone. I agree it isn't happening again anytime soon.

Maybe, but most likely not. Nobody was better than Jimmy from 89-93. Hell I don't know if anybody in modern league history has ever done what he did. Maybe Walsh when he was running SF.

No argument really. Pretty unlikely we would've won a SB without Jimmy. But we did have two of our biggest stars, so you never know.

I don't see any hope for either of them. And the Browns ownership right now is a bigger joke than Jerry is. Giving up on a guy after 1 damn yr?

I don't see hope for Dallas. I mean David... we have arguably the worst coaching staff in the history of the franchise. Garrett is Campo level bad. The ways we find to lose games is laughable. Utterly laughable. It doesn't even make sense. And our owner is sticking with them. Our salary cap is beyond fucked. We just signed our 34 year old QB to a ridiculous contract, and he has had back surgery twice in the same year. Some of our best players are injury prone (Lee, Murray). Are drafts are questionable at best. Our team has no identity or direction.

I don't see how anyone could look at this team and be all like "Yeah, its cool, we'll get'em next year."

And I sure as shit don't see how anyone could look at this owner and think "He'll fix us up right!"

Fucking asshole has the audacity to say that he deserves to be fired, and then say the team is at an advantage with him and the way its structured.

God fucking damn.

OK...don't agree, but keep holding onto that.

Romo is better than you give him credit for. He'll piss away a big game with the best of them, but honestly if you think we're winning 8 games with Romo behind center you're dead wrong.

Reaction score

Every fan lives in the past. This seaon will be in the past in less than a month. What you're asking for is a team that is great every single year. Its unrealistic. Even the mighty Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in a decade.

Reaction score
Teams that have not won a Super Bowl since Dallas has.

Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Atlanta
Carolina
Seattle
Arizona
San Fran
NYJ
Miami