Reaction score
What I mean is, its dumb to expect to be a super bowl contender every year. That's just now how it is. So the only reason to even be a fan is accomplishments in the past and hoping you can be a contender next year. Living solely in the moment as a fan is impossible.

Reaction score
Teams that have not been to a conference championship game since 1995

Dallas
Washington
Detroit
Cleveland
Houston
Miami
Buffalo
Kansas City

Reaction score
What I mean is, its dumb to expect to be a super bowl contender every year. That's just now how it is. So the only reason to even be a fan is accomplishments in the past and hoping you can be a contender next year. Living solely in the moment as a fan is impossible.
No one's asking to be a super bowl contender every year. I just want to not hate watching this team.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Teams that have not been to a conference championship game since 1995

Dallas
Washington
Detroit
Cleveland
Houston
Miami
Buffalo
Kansas City

The Texans didn't exist until 2002 and the Browns didn't exist for four of those years.

We are a joke.

Reaction score
The Texans didn't exist until 2002 and the Browns didn't exist for four of those years.

We are a joke.

Yup. And toss in 1995 expansion Jacksonville and Carolina both making championship game appearances. we are just a wet turd.

Reaction score
If this team had gone to 5 NFC championships in the past however many years, people would just be saying that its embarrassing to not win a SB.

Reaction score
No, I'm not asking for us to be "great" every year.

I'm simply asking for us to have a legitimate chance every year. Not a Jerry Jones "We're gonna kick their asses ~wink~nod~ Check out the Victorias Secret outlet on the 2nd level, and oh Gene Jones picked out all the art" chance.

I'm not talking shit.... I really feel like this team is destined to be completely mediocre so long as Jerry, and possibly even his family is in power. I mean, seriously..... we're the Bengals and Cardinals of the NFL now. We're a joke.

Reaction score
No, I'm not asking for us to be "great" every year.

I'm simply asking for us to have a legitimate chance every year
So you're saying you don't have to be a great team to have a chance at a Super Bowl?

Dallas has had a chance every year for the past 6 or 7, other than 2009...whether fans want to believe that or not. Comparisons to the Cards and Bengals are absurd. Other than the Campo years, this team has always been in contention for, at the very least, a playoff spot.

Reaction score
So you're saying you don't have to be a great team to have a chance at a Super Bowl?

Dallas has had a chance every year for the past 6 or 7, other than 2009...whether fans want to believe that or not. Comparisons to the Cards and Bengals are absurd. Other than the Campo years, this team has always been in contention for, at the very least, a playoff spot.

1 playoff win in last 17 years.

Tell me more about how we 'always got a chance!'

Reaction score
Yea, a chance, didn't say they ever seized it.

Tell me more about how you can "have a legitimate chance" without being great.

Reaction score
There are no "great" teams in the NFL anymore.

Which makes our futility all the more depressing.

In the age of parity and annual worst to first Cinderella stories.... we still can't even muster an ounce of success.

But Go COWBOYS!!!

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are no "great" teams in the NFL anymore.

Which makes our futility all the more depressing.

In the age of parity and annual worst to first Cinderella stories.... we still can't even muster an ounce of success.

But Go COWBOYS!!!

Wooooo!!!!!!! Yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Reaction score
Because there are no "great" teams anymore... every teams fans can go into every season with real hope. We see worst to first stories every year.

Except for the Cowboys.

Because of this owner, the structure of the organization, the culture of this franchise, the inept leadership/coaching, the mismanagement of the cap and draft picks leading to a roster lacking in depth.... we are destined to mediocracy in the NFL.

And its only going to get worse once we lose our franchise QB (who might be lost already due to just being a shell of himself) and we're stuck trying to find his replacement.

You comfortable with Jerry and his scouting staff finding the next quality QB? The same guy who over drafted Quincy. Bought into Chad Hutchinson. Was sold on Drew Henson. Etc etc etc.

Face it... we're fucked like a fat girl with daddy issues at a frat party.

Reaction score
If Jax fans can have hope, then there's no reason Cowboys fans shouldn't LOL

There were probably a dozen or so teams that entered the year knowing they had no shot.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
No, no you're right. Most successful business owners keep failing the same way over and over again.

It depends on how you define success. Jerry looks at the bottom line $$$. The Cowboys are an extremely profitable venture.

Reaction score
If this team had gone to 5 NFC championships in the past however many years, people would just be saying that its embarrassing to not win a SB.
Sure there are unreasonable fans who expect a super bowl every year. You pointing that out, doesn't change the fact that the way this team is run, we only have a chance if we catch lightning in a bottle. Basically, we all hope that the roster can put it all together in spite of the person who puts the roster together.

Top Bottom