Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well, as a MLB in a 4-3, Dan Connor won't have to run sideline-to-sideline nearly as much as he was asked to in the 3-4. Could be decent depth for Lee.

No idea about Albright. Maybe backup WOLB? Behind Sio Moore, of course.

Reaction score
‏@Edwerderespn
Cowboys confident DeMarcus Ware can play DE and Sean Lee MLB in 4-3 if Monte Kiffin becomes the DC. Brandon Carr becomes Rhonde Barber
Here we go with the ridiculous comparisons.

Brandon Carr = Ronde Barber
Alex Albright = Derrick Brooks
Sean Lissemore = Warren Sapp
Sensabaugh = John Lynch

etc.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
wow. I dont have thoughts on kiffin one way or the other

but have you ever watched football before?

monte kiffin's defense is the only one that shut down a young vick in atlanta repeatedly. Everyone was trying to copy and figure out how he was doing it. that was part of the huge influx of the damn tampa 2 spreading to stop running qbs like vick and mcnabb.

They didn't run an option offense. Read what I type before making a fool of yourself.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
on a serious note.

how does this affect albright. I think he is a good player. Ernie simms will have a natural fit now.

and is dan connor going to be released? he doesnt seem like a very good fit.

Coaches love Albright's versatility. I think he'd still make a nice sam for us and could probably backup Lee too.

Connor will probably be gone he can't go 4 games without knocking himself out.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
anthony-spencer.jpg

adios

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Spencer was gone regardless. And for good reason. No giving 30 year olds who show up in contract years new deals.

Reaction score
Cowboys could look to bring in Janzen Jackson.

Played safety for Monte Kiffin back in college at UT, and was on pace to exceed Eric Berry's level of play before he doped his way out of college.

He's got talent, just kind of a knucklehead. Worth a look as a camp body at least.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Cowboys could look to bring in Janzen Jackson.

Played safety for Monte Kiffin back in college at UT, and was on pace to exceed Eric Berry's level of play before he doped his way out of college.

He's got talent, just kind of a knucklehead. Worth a look as a camp body at least.

Give it up, dude.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He still won't be asked to cover as much field as he was in the 3-4.

mickey already speculated he will be cut to save cap space.

it seems spencer, connor, spears, coleman, brent, jenkins will be gone from the defense.

that is a lot of replacing to do.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
mickey already speculated he will be cut to save cap space.

it seems spencer, connor, spears, coleman, brent, jenkins will be gone from the defense.

that is a lot of replacing to do.

At the same time it needs to happen regardless of what front we decide to play. There isn't a single player on that list who would be here next season even if we had kept Ryan IMO, except for maybe Connor.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At the same time it needs to happen regardless of what front we decide to play. There isn't a single player on that list who would be here next season even if we had kept Ryan IMO, except for maybe Connor.

yep.

on the plus side I think sterling moore keeps us from having to find another corner. he looks like a good serviceable player to me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
One of the benefits to moving back to the 4-3 is that we don't have to worry about a rookie DE learning how to play from a 3-point stance.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
yep.

on the plus side I think sterling moore keeps us from having to find another corner. he looks like a good serviceable player to me.

With Carr-Mo-Scandrick that's the last position I want us spending anymore than the vet minimum to fill out the roster on. If we're not set there then just blow it all up and start over.

Top Bottom