Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This fucking team, I tell ya.....

We either lose and miss the playoffs which as a fan really sucks

OR...

We win, make the playoffs, win the championship and Garrett gets extended

Either way it’s fucking lose lose for us as fans

Now here is my question to each of you. Would you take a Super Bowl appearance and Super Bowl win if it meant Garrett gets at least a 5 year extension? But knowing Jeruh, if Garrett somehow won a Super Bowl he would extend him for 10 years!

So...

Is an accidental Super Bowl win this season worth Garrett getting extended for 5-10 more years?

My answer is FUCK NO!

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i heard it mentioned on boston sports radio, and i thought about it and its stressing me out

they said they could see the cowboys doing what the giants did when they ended the patriots undefeated season. the giants snuck into the playoffs as a wild card, ran the ball well, had timely throws/catches from the passing game, and the defensive line played out of their minds.

some things are not at all alike (coaching) and dallas isnt a wild card but their expectations have been greatly tempered.

still scary tho to think about getting to the NFC championship or super bowl, losing the game, and garrett getting that contract extension

I don't see the similarities. That Giants team was riddled by injury. When their defenders came back that defense was crazy good. They beat two 13-3 teams on the road in the playoffs on their way to beat an undefeated team in the SB. I remember being very worried That Dallas would lose that playoff game. Who here thinks Seahawk or 49er fans are worried about us? This Cowboys defense would have to play lights out the rest of the way. Does anyone believe that will happen?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see the similarities. That Giants team was riddled by injury. When their defenders came back that defense was crazy good. They beat two 13-3 teams on the road in the playoffs on their way to beat an undefeated team in the SB. I remember being very worried That Dallas would lose that playoff game. Who here thinks Seahawk or 49er fans are worried about us? This Cowboys defense would have to play lights out the rest of the way. Does anyone believe that will happen?

We are the antithesis of consistent

Which means we will probably play like shit on Sunday and have to play for our lives next week while hoping that Philly shits the bed

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Complete b/s dude. No team lets a coach get to lame duck seasons if it's someone they intend to keep.

Again it's been confirmed, they had an extension ready for him after the Seattle playoff win, then pulled it back after the Rams game.

Barring the miracle of miracles, the Red Clod is gone.

Garrett is coming back

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that happens, we can officially rule out jeri every making worthwhile changes (wasn't much hope of that anyone, so no biggie)

More importantly, you can just go ahead and get used to Garrett for another 10 years as HC (unless he decided to retire) because optimistic jeri will spend the rest of his life wildcatting for another season like this reminding people he told us so when he was crying and talking about redemption

The question is, would a super bowl win be worth it?

What about a super bowl loss?

** Jerry would likely act the same way with a win or loss since getting there would be good enough for him

Let's be honest. I hate Garrett and Jones with every fiber of my being. I also think Dak is a fraud. Buy if we were to make the SB, I'd have to believe that Dak played well and the O and D stepped up and part of that I'd attribute to coaching. Wouldn't Garrett, and even Dak, have earned some type of extension in that scenario?

I don't think it's going to happen. Everyone keeps pointing to the run the Giants made but that happens very rarely. But if this team was to make it through the playoffs and get to the SB, they'd have to beat some solid teams. I'm a believer that folks have to earn it and a SB run would fit that bill.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now here is my question to each of you. Would you take a Super Bowl appearance and Super Bowl win if it meant Garrett gets at least a 5 year extension? But knowing Jeruh, if Garrett somehow won a Super Bowl he would extend him for 10 years!

10 years is a long time but I want a SB. And if we get there with a young QB, then he can make a believer out of me. I don't want to just be competitive with a 40 million dollar QB who can't pass the rock.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Let's be honest. I hate Garrett and Jones with every fiber of my being. I also think Dak is a fraud. Buy if we were to make the SB, I'd have to believe that Dak played well and the O and D stepped up and part of that I'd attribute to coaching. Wouldn't Garrett, and even Dak, have earned some type of extension in that scenario?

I don't think it's going to happen. Everyone keeps pointing to the run the Giants made but that happens very rarely. But if this team was to make it through the playoffs and get to the SB, they'd have to beat some solid teams. I'm a believer that folks have to earn it and a SB run would fit that bill.

probably so, don't really care about Dak or Garrett getting credit, I just despise jeri so much, a part of me will never be able to enjoy their success like I would if he wasn't a part of it all. If I hadn't grown up a Cowboy fan, no way I would have ever been with jeri as owner. So I guess I'm not really a Cowboy fan anymore, I'm just clinging to a memory of team I loved as a kid that no unfortunately longer exists but masquerades in the same uniform

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Nelson Agholor (knee) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Agholor hasn't suited up since Week 13 and isn't expected to return at any point over the next two weeks. With Greg Ward (11/95/1) making more of an impact in the last two games than Agholor did in the interim without DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia would obviously be incorrect in sending the former back to the bench against the Cowboys on Sunday. The Eagles are fully expected to roll out J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Robert Davis, and Ward in three-wide sets for Week 16.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Dec 18, 2019, 3:49 PM ET

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
probably so, don't really care about Dak or Garrett getting credit, I just despise jeri so much, a part of me will never be able to enjoy their success like I would if he wasn't a part of it all. If I hadn't grown up a Cowboy fan, no way I would have ever been with jeri as owner. So I guess I'm not really a Cowboy fan anymore, I'm just clinging to a memory of team I loved as a kid that no unfortunately longer exists but masquerades in the same uniform

Outstanding.....exactly my thoughts and feelings and I couldn't have said it better. What young kid growing up today, outside of Dallas and/or a larger swath of Texas, would be a fan of the Cowboys? What would appeal to young people today? My son and most of my nephews are Cowboy's fans because I condemned them to that existence at an early age.

Unfortunately, we're the minority. The younger fan base has been dumbed down by Jerry and Garrett. They don't expect SB's and games like what we saw last week become defining moments, 7 and 7 record be damned.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Outstanding.....exactly my thoughts and feelings and I couldn't have said it better. What young kid growing up today, outside of Dallas and/or a larger swath of Texas, would be a fan of the Cowboys? What would appeal to young people today? My son and most of my nephews are Cowboy's fans because I condemned them to that existence at an early age.

Unfortunately, we're the minority. The younger fan base has been dumbed down by Jerry and Garrett. They don't expect SB's and games like what we saw last week become defining moments, 7 and 7 record be damned.

Ignorance really is bliss! I'll admit Landry spoiled the shit out of me and then Jimmy threw a semi full of gas on that fire, then poof, it was over in a flash, never to return, sniff...

DAMN! my writing is awful, does anyone else feel like you have to proofread the shit out of everything you write or you up looking back thinking, wtf was I trying to say and/or how'd you write that nonsense? Did autocorrect sabotage me or am I losing it? I even tried to proof read my last most and it still has dumb ass word usage.

I can only imagine how ridiculous this post will look in a few hours when I read it again

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This fucking team, I tell ya.....

We either lose and miss the playoffs which as a fan really sucks

OR...

We win, make the playoffs, win the championship and Garrett gets extended

Either way it’s fucking lose lose for us as fans

So...

Is an accidental Super Bowl win this season worth Garrett getting extended for 5-10 more years?

My answer is FUCK NO!

As much as I hate Garrett, it's hard to win Super Bowls unless you are Belichick and Brady, and even they haven't won them all.

If you told me we could win the Super Bowl this year but had to be stuck with Red Plague for another 5 yrs because of it, I'd take it. There's absolutely zero guarantee we win Super Bowls with whoever we hire to replace him.

That said, we arnt sniffing a Super Bowl with Garrett, and he is going to be gone.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As much as I had Garrett, it's hard to win Super Bowls unless you are Belichick and Brady, and even they haven't won them all.

If you told me we could win the Super Bowl this year but had to be stuck with Red Plague for another 5 yrs because of it, I'd take it. There's absolutely zero guarantee we win Super Bowls with whoever we hire to replace him.

That said, we arnt sniffing a Super Bowl with Garrett, and he is going to be gone.

I was thinking about it and came to the conclusion that 1 SB win would not be worth being hand cuffed to Garrett for 5-10 years. Especially when we fall back into major salary cap hell after we sign Dak and Cooper. Then have everyone else’s contracts coming due in the upcoming years. We are going to be fighting the cap for years to come and having Garrett at the helm will continue to be another handicap that I don’t think we will be able to overcome

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The nfl network just listed a stat that since 2017 the Eagles are 1-4 vs the Cowboys and 11-0 vs all other NFC East teams

Which basically means we either win on Sunday or we are done because the Eagles are likely to beat the NYG in the last game is the season

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jerry Jones needs to take a step back , look in mirror and ask himself “ are the Dallas Cowboys the Dallas Cowboys”. Sounds stupid right ??? Hear me out. The Dallas Cowboys are NOT the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys are known for dominance, being the best of the best . They were super bowl contenders year in and year out . if they didn’t win the whole fuckin thing IT WAS A BLACKEYE!!!! And everybody took it personally..Somewhere is the whole Jones era , we’ve completely lost sight of who the Dallas Cowboys are!!! A division title , playoffs , pro bowls shouldn’t mean jack shit unless you WIN THE WHOLE FUCKIN THING !!! Rise to glory and stand above the rest of the league WHY ???? Because that’s what this franchises bloodlines built for us.. a standard that should stay year in and year out. CHAMPIONS- and nothing less should be drilled into each and every soul we put on that field.
This participation trophy bullshit Jones has instilled is garbage !!!!! PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION EVERYDAY ( yes it’s a bit notre dameish) but it’s a standard to live by .....

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can only imagine how ridiculous this post will look in a few hours when I read it again

and there it is:

CJbVDl3.png

I guess I'm losing it because I reread my reply several times before I posted

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry Jones needs to take a step back , look in mirror and ask himself “ are the Dallas Cowboys the Dallas Cowboys”. Sounds stupid right ??? Hear me out. The Dallas Cowboys are NOT the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys are known for dominance, being the best of the best . They were super bowl contenders year in and year out . if they didn’t win the whole fuckin thing IT WAS A BLACKEYE!!!! And everybody took it personally..Somewhere is the whole Jones era , we’ve completely lost sight of who the Dallas Cowboys are!!! A division title , playoffs , pro bowls shouldn’t mean jack shit unless you WIN THE WHOLE FUCKIN THING !!! Rise to glory and stand above the rest of the league WHY ???? Because that’s what this franchises bloodlines built for us.. a standard that should stay year in and year out. CHAMPIONS- and nothing less should be drilled into each and every soul we put on that field.
This participation trophy bullshit Jones has instilled is garbage !!!!! PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION EVERYDAY ( yes it’s a bit notre dameish) but it’s a standard to live by .....

I'm with ya brother but jones dont care

I'm convinced what is most important to him is not even credit, its being able to freely run his mouth to every media source he can find and take in as much fame and attention as possible until the day he dies.

Sitting back and watching qualified people be the face of the franchise and receive credit for any potential success makes him miserable for some gawd damned reason

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
huh ?

you were worried about hte game but dallas beat the giants both times in the reg season ? who was hurt on their defense ?

this season is not over. but the point is that dallas (like the NYG did) could get hot and make a run. neither team has or had high expectations going into the playoffs .....despite wtf happened that year in your head

maybe youre thinking too hard bro, go relax and eat some fruit

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
theres a metaphor in here somehwere about the seal/walrus thing being jerry and garrett and the boat represents the cowboys season that tries to stay afloat in spite of its crew

somethin like that

Top Bottom