Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Opened with Cowboys by 2.5. If it was purely on talent, I'd say yes in a second. But if there is one lesson the rest of the league should have learned from Dallas by now is that it's not just on talent. Coaching matters in this league, and this week the coaches need to not just prepare for this game, but also keep the team focus without losing any momentum gained from the Rams game. And I don't trust them to handle any of that to any degree. 23-20 Eagles, and it'll be ugly, and I'm talking an entire day of your nightmare Christmas movie ugly...

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMO if the Eagles lose it's because they simply lost too many players to injury to compete. But I think they're probably going to have to step it up from their last two games. And what better opponent would get them to do that than the Cowboys at their place?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is the worst possible scenario?

We win this game, make a run in the playoffs, maybe even the NFC Championship game, then Garrett gets a contract extension

So that’s why I’m picking the Cowboys to win, because of the above scenario happening

Well that and the fact that Philly is so banged up they can hardy put a full team on the field right now

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is the worst possible scenario?

We win this game, make a run in the playoffs, maybe even the NFC Championship game, then Garrett gets a contract extension

So that’s why I’m picking the Cowboys to win, because of the above scenario happening

Well that and the fact that Philly is so banged up they can hardy put a full team on the field right now
i heard it mentioned on boston sports radio, and i thought about it and its stressing me out

they said they could see the cowboys doing what the giants did when they ended the patriots undefeated season. the giants snuck into the playoffs as a wild card, ran the ball well, had timely throws/catches from the passing game, and the defensive line played out of their minds.

some things are not at all alike (coaching) and dallas isnt a wild card but their expectations have been greatly tempered.

still scary tho to think about getting to the NFC championship or super bowl, losing the game, and garrett getting that contract extension

giphy.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently Prescott now has an injury to his throwing shoulder, he underwent an MRI today.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Apparently Prescott now has an injury to his throwing shoulder, he underwent an MRI today.

I don't believe it. In case the Eagles win, the Jones' want plausible deniability so they don't have to throw Dak under the bus.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages WELCOME TO THE DINGALING BROS AND POST DAN BAILEY CIRCUS!!!!
what would be the end of the season without some kind of built up drama and nonsense with the cowboys. WIN and we are in ...LOSE and it’s nighty night termite for a few cowboys coaches. I have to be quite honest as much as I would LOVE!!! to dream a little dream and think that Rams game was indicative of what the rest of our season will look like ( ie the NY Smurf’s super bowl run ). I have a few doubts to douse those fiery hopes.
#1 this team is inconsistent- which means they cannot do good things for a period of time.
#2 the coaching - this team is still ill prepared and redundantly mistake prone AS DAY 1 TILL NOW
#3 I just don’t see them going into a HOSTILE and I mean HOSTILE environment in Philadelphia and winning a game of this magnitude. I see the Carrot crawling into a turtle shell midway through.
All in all, I will be rooting for my Dallas cowboys but I do have some reservations on which team will show up . Will it be the ferocious, hungry team from last Sunday or will it be the timid , tired ducks we’ve been watching the good portion of this year ??
i see the cowboys losing a very close game on a bonehead mistake and limping out of Lincoln financial field again wondering what could have been.
BUT .... LETS GO COWBOYS !!!!!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages WELCOME TO THE DINGALING BROS AND POST DAN BAILEY CIRCUS!!!!
what would be the end of the season without some kind of built up drama and nonsense with the cowboys. WIN and we are in ...LOSE and it’s nighty night termite for a few cowboys coaches. I have to be quite honest as much as I would LOVE!!! to dream a little dream and think that Rams game was indicative of what the rest of our season will look like ( ie the NY Smurf’s super bowl run ). I have a few doubts to douse those fiery hopes.
#1 this team is inconsistent- which means they cannot do good things for a period of time.
#2 the coaching - this team is still ill prepared and redundantly mistake prone AS DAY 1 TILL NOW
#3 I just don’t see them going into a HOSTILE and I mean HOSTILE environment in Philadelphia and winning a game of this magnitude. I see the Carrot crawling into a turtle shell midway through.
All in all, I will be rooting for my Dallas cowboys but I do have some reservations on which team will show up . Will it be the ferocious, hungry team from last Sunday or will it be the timid , tired ducks we’ve been watching the good portion of this year ??
i see the cowboys losing a very close game on a bonehead mistake and limping out of Lincoln financial field again wondering what could have been.
BUT .... LETS GO COWBOYS !!!!!
Post of the month so far. LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IdiotZone classic posts today, complaining about Dan Bailey release again and bashing Cowboys management for releasing him, says they knew all along they should have kept him.

Never mind the fact that probably 80-90% of the board posted the exact opp last yr in training camp, many also wanting him cut at the end of 2017 when he was struggling mightily.

Also never mind that Bailey was so mediocre last yr in Minnesota that this year in camp they traded away a 5th rd pick to replace him with some scrub, or that Maher was actually better than Bailey last year anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We need the Eagles to win this game. If they don't? We are screwed with Garrett for forever.

Doubtful, they'd have just extended him last year after the season when they actually had more reason to actually do it.

They didn't.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Doubtful, they'd have just extended him last year after the season when they actually had more reason to actually do it.

They didn't.

They didn't extend him because

1.) Despite what Jerry says they knew that Garrett isn't going anywhere

2.) By not giving him an extension last year, the Jones' had insurance that in case this season went south (which is still yet to be seen) they wouldn't have to pay him not to work.

For all the "If the Cowboys don't make the NFC title game Garrett isn't getting extended" talk, I think that if the Cowboys win the division on Sunday that no matter what happens in the postseason Garrett will get extended. For once, I hope I'm wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Complete b/s dude. No team lets a coach get to lame duck seasons if it's someone they intend to keep.

Again it's been confirmed, they had an extension ready for him after the Seattle playoff win, then pulled it back after the Rams game.

Barring the miracle of miracles, the Red Clod is gone.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it's a given that we lose to Seattle or Frisco in that first game, and they never officially said Red needs a "deep playoff run." And Jerry is the only man alive who thinks winning the East is a major accomplishment or something. I'm hoping for a new coach but bracing for the worst.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think it's a given that we lose to Seattle or Frisco in that first game, and they never officially said Red needs a "deep playoff run." And Jerry is the only man alive who thinks winning the East is a major accomplishment or something. I'm hoping for a new coach but bracing for the worst.

Exactly. The Cowboys aren't like other teams. Reminder: Jerry and Stephen don't think like other front office people.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i heard it mentioned on boston sports radio, and i thought about it and its stressing me out

they said they could see the cowboys doing what the giants did when they ended the patriots undefeated season. the giants snuck into the playoffs as a wild card, ran the ball well, had timely throws/catches from the passing game, and the defensive line played out of their minds.

some things are not at all alike (coaching) and dallas isnt a wild card but their expectations have been greatly tempered.

still scary tho to think about getting to the NFC championship or super bowl, losing the game, and garrett getting that contract extension

giphy.gif

If that happens, we can officially rule out jeri every making worthwhile changes (wasn't much hope of that anyone, so no biggie)

More importantly, you can just go ahead and get used to Garrett for another 10 years as HC (unless he decided to retire) because optimistic jeri will spend the rest of his life wildcatting for another season like this reminding people he told us so when he was crying and talking about redemption

The question is, would a super bowl win be worth it?

What about a super bowl loss?

** Jerry would likely act the same way with a win or loss since getting there would be good enough for him

Top Bottom