Reaction score
‏@Edwerderespn 47m Source tells me Cowboys negotiations with OG Brian Waters remain active. He signed late with Pats in 2011, missed no games, SB, Pro Bowl

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Precisely. I think he signs after camp as well.

If he wasn't interested, Jerry & CO would have already shot this idea down to the media. The fact that negotiations remain active means he's willing to play for the right price. Jerry will close this deal, he almost always does.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The best part of all this Waters' mess is that we had him as an UDFA in 99. We cut him and he went on to become a 6th time Pro Bowler. Maybe this is ultimate F U to the team that first cut him.

Reaction score
The part of this that concerns me --

Let's say thst Waters is out of shape and really not ready for game action after the Cowboys sign him.

What is the risk that the Cowboys start him anyway, even if Bern and Leary are actually better?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The part of this that concerns me --

Let's say thst Waters is out of shape and really not ready for game action after the Cowboys sign him.

What is the risk that the Cowboys start him anyway, even if Bern and Leary are actually better?

Leary is a lock to start now IMO unless he gets hurt or just badly regresses. Its pretty obvious he can play now.

Bern is the guy Waters would beat out.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It shouldn't be hard to beat out a piece of shit like Mackenzy Bernadeau and his stupid fuckin name.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Waters. Doesn't go through the "process" known as training camp, just waits until final cut day and then signs a contract.

Brian Waters. RKG4Life.

Reaction score
This team is absolutely god damn retarded. They'll overpay for anything and anyone as long as they're not playing as part of the OL, one of the most important units on the field.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Asshole is asking for too much money. I'm ok w not paying him. Doesn't make sense long term. We have way too many young players we have to lock up. We aren't an OG away from anything. I don't know our cap situation, I do know it isn't very good, so if paying him for one season means we can't pay somebody else long term, fuck that.

Reaction score
Asshole is asking for too much money. I'm ok w not paying him. Doesn't make sense long term. We have we too many young players we have to lock up. We aren't an OG away from anything. I don't know our cap situation, I do know it isn't very good, so if paying him for one season means we can't pay somebody else long term, fuck that.

Everyone we want to pay will probably end up injured anyway, just our luck.

I place a premium on the OL. If it requires overpaying someone, then overpay. How I was raised.

Top Bottom