Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They came out with CDs recently.

CD's sound awful at this point. Everything that has been released since the late 90s is super compressed and sounds awful. I hate em.
Downloading compressed music of itunes is even worse.

Having said that, I have a 400 disc changer I have had since 99 jammed full with cd's...still listen to them when I cant keep getting up and changing records.
stereo-1-web_zps4a77ed1a.jpg

Also cd' are no fun. they have no soul. You cant watch the big shiny disc go round.....
photo-b-web_zpsb7dc9906.jpg

photo-r-web_zps644784a5.jpg

and you dont have the joy of washing them!!!
photo-p-web_zps9ff4be6d.jpg

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I gotta post my setup. Everything is in that room. My drums, PA system. I was going to wait until I built the studio booth but I dunno.

Sooner or later I'll have it up.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I gotta post my setup. Everything is in that room. My drums, PA system. I was going to wait until I built the studio booth but I dunno.

Sooner or later I'll have it up.

awesome, i look forward to seeing it.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
awesome, i look forward to seeing it.

I've been real busy as of late so I haven't set the record player up yet seeing I just got that shit back. Like I said, I got rid of all my albums and record player. It's a work in progress again.

I'll post them when it's set up.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've been real busy as of late so I haven't set the record player up yet seeing I just got that shit back. Like I said, I got rid of all my albums and record player. It's a work in progress again.

I'll post them when it's set up.

looking for records used is the best part of the whole thing. Its fun to buy equipment or look around for it also.

Reaction score
They are all over.

Rhino put out a 180 gram reissue box set that is fantastic and analogue productions just put out 45rpm 200 gram reissues. I can't wait to get some at 50 bucks its pretty steep per LP though.

I'm a huge fan. Hoping to get to tc this summer so I can go to Venice and la and see all the doors locations.

I really can't poke fun at others musical tastes. I have found and bought a bunch of vintage Neil Diamond records. I love me some Neil Diamond.

Reaction score
I've been looking for a sweet cabinet record player like superpunk posted. Hard to find ones that work.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really can't poke fun at others musical tastes. I have found and bought a bunch of vintage Neil Diamond records. I live me some Neil Diamond.

I am an adult so I buy or listen to whatever I want! I dont care whats cool or whatever. Got over that in high school about the 9th grade.

its just opinion anyway....its all there to enjoy.

Reaction score
I am an adult so I buy or listen to whatever I want! I dont care whats cool or whatever. Got over that in high school about the 9th grade.

its just opinion anyway....its all there to enjoy.

Know what you're saying. So you're saying you like Neil too?

I got a couple of Grand Funk Railroad Albums too.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now what your saying. So you're saying you like Neil too?

I got a couple of Grand Funk Railroad Albums too.

I like a little of everything. Dont turn my nose up at anything except nashville country...soul less crap.

I have neil diamond cd's not lp's.

everything from the 60s is good, neil included.

Reaction score
My spelling in this thread has been especially bad.

I bought a Mamas and Papas, The Who, Jim Croce, Elton John, David Crosby, Billy Joel and a Meat Loaf album in the last couple months. I like the earlier 60's but love the late 60's early 70's music.

I have to find some Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and more Beatles vintage Albums. I plan on buying a Sgt Pepper album even if its a reproduction. I have a couple Beatles and Pink Floyd repos. Nothing like the originals.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My spelling in this thread has been especially bad.

I bought a Mamas and Papas, The Who, Jim Croce, Elton John, David Crosby, Billy Joel and a Meat Loaf album in the last couple months. I like the earlier 60's but love the late 60's early 70's music.

I have to find some Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and more Beatles vintage Albums. I plan on buying a Sgt Pepper album even if its a reproduction. I have a couple Beatles and Pink Floyd repos. Nothing like the originals.

The Beatles and pink floyd originals and represses are expensive.

I want to get a good copy of an original parlophone mono sgt. Peppers album also. Michael fremer is a fan of the peppers reissue though so it can't be bad. I bought the revolver reissue and I love it, don't have an original to compare it to though.

Fremer's site.
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/best-ever-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of good albums fri and sat.

Frys sells new vinyl for 5 to 10 dollars cheaper than record stores, I bought the new jimi Hendrix people,hell & angels for 18.99 it was 28.99 at the record store. Dumb for them to mark it up that high.
Grabbed the Hendrix are you experienced mono 200 gram reissue also.

Picked up hearts steamboat Annie, Dylan's planet waves, Suzanne Vegas solitude standing and Stevie ray Vaughn's soul to soul. 4 bucks a piece is not bad! Half price books is the best.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
this new hendrix album really is great. I highly reccomend it. Just for hear my train coming alone..gatefold and booklet is great also

jimi-iphone-web_zpsa89bc181.jpg

Top Bottom