Reaction score
What part of I'm talking about 2011 is not clear?

Do you really, really... REALLY think Barber will be a Cowboy in 2011?

I agree with that.

The intent of my thread is because of dumbasses (and by dumbasses, I mean sbk) keep trying to give Parcells credit for everything. It's beyond retarded.

Well its just silly to credit him for everything this franchise has accomlished since 2003, no doubt about that.

However, i do credit him for alot since then, in showing this franchise how to win again, how to go about things the right way, taking us back to the postseason a couple times, and leaving us with what i do believe has been the core of this team for years now. A bunch of young great players who have grown and developed together in this league, and before its all over.. might be instramental in bringing us a championship. Even if they don't, its certainly not because they arn't talented enough. We can only hope Garrett can now turn us back on course after Wade ruined alot of what Parcells had built up. I think he can.

Reaction score
If you look at it like a doofus.. its still over .500.

If you look at it for what it is.. its 3 winning seasons out of 4 with two playoff births after years of getting nowhere near there with this franchise.

During Parcells introductory Press Conference... we're you sitting on your coach drooling over visions of 9-7 and early playoff exits?

I wasn't.

Reaction score
Well its just silly to credit him for everything this franchise has accomlished since 2003, no doubt about that.

However, i do credit him for alot since then, in showing this franchise how to win again, how to go about things the right way, taking us back to the postseason a couple times, and leaving us with what i do believe has been the core of this team for years now. A bunch of young great players who have grown and developed together in this league, and before its all over.. might be instramental in bringing us a championship. Even if they don't, its certainly not because they arn't talented enough. We can only hope Garrett can now turn us back on course after Wade ruined alot of what Parcells had built up. I think he can.

I credit him with correcting the culture of the franchise. For cutting out a lot of the fat. For getting rid of Larry Lacewell.

I credit him for bringing accountability, and for teaching the team not to be satisfied with being losers -- even if they never won anything during his time here.

But he certainly didn't deliver results on game days. He certainly made some horrid personnel decisions. And he certainly did not live up to the expectations I had for him when he was introduced.

Parcells will get into the Hall of Fame. But he'll get in there because of what he accomplished with the Giants. Not at all because of what he accomplished in Dallas. Hell, that won't even be considered.

Reaction score
I credit him with correcting the culture of the franchise. For cutting out a lot of the fat. For getting rid of Larry Lacewell.

I credit him for bringing accountability, and for teaching the team not to be satisfied with being losers -- even if they never won anything during his time here.

But he certainly didn't deliver results on game days. He certainly made some collosal personnel decisions. And he certainly did not live up to the expectations I had for him when he was introduced.

Parcells will get into the Hall of Fame. But he'll get in there because of what he accomplished with the Giants. Not at all because of what he accomplished in Dallas. Hell, that won't even be considered.

I think the reason that some of you were disappointed with his time here is either:

1. you're butthurt that he left so soon

or

2. you were expecting far too much based on the name.. not realizing that having to rebuild a franchise from the ground up takes alot of time and correct decisions. He was here for 4 years and did as well of a job at turning it around as i could have expected anyone to do. I can't blame him that we decided to hand it off to a doofus like Wade who not only didn't progress on anything Parcells had done, but also set us back by not continuing to develop what Parcells had started.

Reaction score
I think the reason that some of you were disappointed with his time here is either:

1. you're butthurt that he left so soon

No, I actually soured on him during the 2005 season.

My wife asked why I wasn't upset after we lost to Seattle in 2007, and I said I at least knew it was the end of the Parcells era.

2. you were expecting far too much based on the name.. not realizing that having to rebuild a franchise from the ground up takes alot of time and correct decisions. He was here for 4 years and did as well of a job at turning it around as i could have expected anyone to do.

I disagree with this. And again, you see this year in and year out in the NFL. Teams turn around regularly.

Four years is a lifetime in todays NFL.

Reaction score
I disagree with this. And again, you see this year in and year out in the NFL. Teams turn around regularly.

Four years is a lifetime in todays NFL.

Teams don't go from being shitty for years to being consistently good for years.. every year. Just the basic principle of that argument shows its incorrect.

Reaction score
Teams don't go from being shitty for years to being consistently good for years.. every year. Just the basic principle of that argument shows its incorrect.

Just to specify.. im talking about the type of turnaround like Belichick and Reid made for their respective franchises. Where you just take a team and make them consistent winners for years.

Reaction score

Well, Parcells didn't do that for us either. So what's your point?

Reaction score
Well, Parcells didn't do that for us either. So what's your point?

Years before Parcells:

1999: 8-8
2000: 5-11
2001: 5-11
2002: 5-11

Years after BP got here:

2003: 10-6 (postseason)
2004: 6-10
2005: 9-7
2006: 9-7 (postseason)
2007: 13-3 (postseason)
2008: 9-7
2009: 11-5 (postseason)

Really, you can't see the difference?

Reaction score
Years before Parcells:

1999: 8-8
2000: 5-11
2001: 5-11
2002: 5-11

Years after BP got here:

2003: 10-6 (postseason)
2004: 6-10
2005: 9-7
2006: 9-7 (postseason)
2007: 13-3 (postseason)
2008: 9-7
2009: 11-5 (postseason)

Really, you can't see the difference?

Yeah, I can see a difference. But you said "consistantly good for years and years."

We haven't been that. We're up and down and inconsistant, and have been for years.

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see a difference. But you said "consistantly good for years and years."

We haven't been that. We're up and down and inconsistant, and have been for years.

From 2003 until 2009 we had one losing season. lol

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You guys are stupid idiots. It's the intangible factor that Bill brought to the club, those qualities Jerry has since chosen to ignore and that are now on the upswing with Jason Garrett at the helm.

Reaction score
Since 2003, besides the Pats and Eagles, i can't think of many teams that have been as solid as us.

Reaction score
Since 2003, besides the Pats and Eagles, i can't think of many teams that have been as solid as us.

Yeah, lets ignore those other teams that have won playoff games, been to conference title games, won Super Bowls, etc etc etc.

We've averaged 9.5 wins since 2003!!

:towel

Reaction score
And one playoff win.

Whoop-de-freakin' do.

Yea.. that's the black eye. Its been a solid team though. Can't deny that. He put alot of talent on this team and gave them the tools they needed to develop together. He can't play the games for them though.

Still.. you can't deny he set this franchise up for success.

Reaction score
Yea.. that's the black eye. Its been a solid team though. Can't deny that. He put alot of talent on this team and gave them the tools they needed to develop together. He can't play the games for them though.

Still.. you can't deny he set this franchise up for success.

But I can deny that whatever success we have in 2011 and in future years should be attributed to him.

Hence, the purpose of this thread.

Reaction score
But I can deny that whatever success we have in 2011 and in future years should be attributed to him.

Hence, the purpose of this thread.

If that was the purpose of this thread.. that's understandable.

However, saying he didn't build the core of this team that has been so solid and may end up leading us back to the promised land is incorrect in my mind.

Reaction score
If that was the purpose of this thread.. that's understandable.

However, saying he didn't build the core of this team that has been so solid and may end up leading us back to the promised land is incorrect in my mind.

I'm saying that in 2011, the core of the team will comprise primarily of players acquired post-Parcells.

Top Bottom