Reaction score
The reason we drafted ware was because shawn merriman was represented by the poston brothers plain and simple.

bill wanted merriman, the jones family did not want to negotiate with the postons, the postons hold players out and the jones family likes there players signed and in camp on time as did bill.

as broaddus tells the story, jerry, stephen and bill left the room to discuss it and when the realization that merriman would be holdout was put on the table parcells agreed on ware.

so we should all thank the postons for ware, if they were not such dicks we would have drafted merriman.

I know it was about the agents. But it wasn't Ware or Spears. It came down to Ware or Merriman.

Reaction score
Parcells was the best thing for this franchise since Jimmy. That guy still knows more about football than Garrett ever will. People just support the flavor of the month on these boards.

Other than Lee, it's all Parcells and the core that he brought into this team that keeps it relevant. It's no coincidence that the coaches he taught still continue to find consistent success in this league. 2 of the 4 teams in the conference championship round were taught by Parcells, and now those two teams are playing each other in the Super Bowl.

We'd be averaging 4 wins a season without the core he brought in.

Reaction score
Parcells game day coaching was attrocious.

The Detroit Lions, of all teams, openly mocked us.

We'd stay in a base 3-4 when other offenses went 3 and four receivers wide on us because, according to Parcells, "we don't let offenses dictate how we play defense."

:suicide

His game day coaching is why I grew to hate the guy, and wanted him gone.

:roythehammer

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells was the best thing for this franchise since Jimmy. That guy still knows more about football than Garrett ever will. People just support the flavor of the month on these boards.

Other than Lee, it's all Parcells and the core that he brought into this team that keeps it relevant. It's no coincidence that the coaches he taught still continue to find consistent success in this league. 2 of the 4 teams in the conference championship round were taught by Parcells, and now those two teams are playing each other in the Super Bowl.

It's comical to read bitterass fans on here whine about him. We'd be averaging 4 wins a season without the core he brought in.

Ideal situation would have been Parcells realizing he wasn't cutting it on gamedays and promoting Payton to Head Coach. Parcells remains at GM keeping Jerry to wander around Valley Ranch looking for things to do. We'd be a very different organization right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish he could have been around that 07 offseason and had one more camp and one more season.

and as he said, when I am gone you will never have known I was there. and that is where we are today.

:Clap

Reaction score
Ideal situation would have been Parcells realizing he wasn't cutting it on gamedays and promoting Payton to Head Coach. Parcells remains at GM keeping Jerry to wander around Valley Rabnch looking for things to do. We'd be a very different organization right now.

They should have treated Payton EXACTLY the same way they handled the Garrett situation.

Make him the highest paid assistant in the league and the heir apparent. There's no way he would have left. The fucking guy has a house in Dallas for his family even though he lives in NO. That tells you everything right there.

I think Jerry realized he let a diamond get away, and has been trying desperately to turn a coal (Garrett) into one ever since. The problem is that Payton trained under some great minds, and has been paying his dues as a coach since the late '80s.

The players aren't robotic puppets. They're not gonna rally around a guy who has proven over and over again that he is way in over his head. Garrett was a national punchline after that Arizona game this season. People at CZ compare him to Landry and Payton all the time. WTF.

I think this franchise is headed to shit again. Nicks apparently wants back in NO. We have about 3 different areas that have to be fixed in addition to oline anyway. The Giants and Eagles will both be way better next season. We eeked out 8 wins with a powder puff league schedule, and next year is just gonna be ridiculous.

And Jerrah thinks we're just fine.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate to dbair this up..but I think this is the key off-season for the core group. If Jerry can woo 2 impact players in free agency, another 2 starting caliber free agents, and hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks, we will be back in this thing. If he pulls the crap he has the last 2 off-seasons, selling back-up players as starters, then we are in huge trouble.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Think Ben Grubbs, Calais Campbell, Terrell Thomas, and Tom Zbikowski in Free Agency and then Courtney Upshaw and Ben Jones in the first 2 round draft picks and now suddenly we have upgraded over Bill Nagy, Kenyon Coleman, Terence Newman, Abram Elam, Anthony Spencer, and Phil Costa.

Newman vs Thomas and Spencer vs Upshaw may not necessarily be an obvious talent upgrade but in attitude and effort they are.

Reaction score
If Jerry can woo 2 impact players in free agency, another 2 starting caliber free agents, and hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks, we will be back in this thing.

Yup.

And if you can also start bottling your piss as Arizona champagne, you'll be able to make just enough money to buy us all tix to watch Dallas live in the Super Bowl next year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yup.

And if you can also start bottling your piss as Arizona champagne, you'll be able to make just enough money to buy us all tix to watch Dallas live in the Super Bowl next year.

GO ROOT FOR ANOTHER TEAM!!!!!

dbair transformation complete.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What I said wasn't a knock on Jerry. There isn't an owner in the league that is going to empower the head coach to make every decision.

Besides, Bill was a relic by the time he got here. He had no business making every decision.

But having a qualified guy making decisions with him would've been nice.

As long as Jerry has a pulse, that guy will never be in Dallas.

I'd say some coaches have earned that right. Owners might be hesitant but in the case of Tomlin and Belicek, how do you argue?

Top Bottom