Reaction score
Why are you so sure Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was not defending himself?

You are totally believing one witness over all the others and even if true who knows if Trayvon felt threatened and decided to "stand his ground".

I can understand being upset with the media coverage but you are guilty of picking and choosing yourself.

Of course he is, which is why you shouldn't take the viewpoint seriously. Lotta irony behind those "fit an agenda" statements.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Conservatives hate anything that galvanizes black people. It's their third biggest fear behind taxing the rich and dudes gaying out.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What "all the others" are you talking about?

You don't stand your ground by initiating a physical confrontation.

There are plenty of others the most notable is the girlfriend who was on the phone with him and the another person who saw both of them lying on the ground, evidently you have not been following everything.

You also don't stand your ground by following somebody and asking them what they are doing there after the police told you to back off.

Nobody knows what actually happened yet for some reason you are choosing to believe everything that paints Trayvon as attacking, why is this, is the media you are getting this information from above showing some kind of bias?

Last edited:

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Of course he is, which is why you shouldn't take the viewpoint seriously. Lotta irony behind those "fit an agenda" statements.

Its amzing how biased the media is until they report something that fits what you want to believe.

Reaction score
Nobody knows what actually happened yet for some reason you are choosing to believe everything that paints Trayvon as attacking, why is this is the media you are getting this information from above showing some kind of bias?

Exactly. Seems like the media has reported different sides because Zimmerman advocates have been able to cling to his statement (like he's some pure angel), and also nitpick reports from the witnesses whose stories agree with their agenda/belief of what occurred.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Conservatives hate anything that galvanizes black people. It's their third biggest fear behind taxing the rich and dudes gaying out.

I think it has turned from galvanizing to pandering and exploitation at this point and I despise Al Sharpton he is more harm than good to this case.

but sometimes you need some blowhards to bring light to some critical issues and this police department and the "stand your ground law" needed this kind of attention.

Reaction score
I get the part where us white people don't want another incident of racism by the police. It's like nobody wants to hear they are spoiled or receive favoritism from their parents. Hopefully that part corrects itself

But it doesn't change the fact a guy chased down a 17 year old and now the kid is dead. That part is indefensible

Cythim

Reaction score
I'd be suspicious of anyone I'd never seen before walking around my neighborhood at night.

I'd be suspicious of anyone driving around my neighborhood with a gun looking for someone to shoot.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
what sort of podunk ass town do you live in that you can chart all the people who walk through your neighborhood at night?

with hoodies on

when its cold outside

Cold outside in Orlando Florida? o_O

Reaction score
The court won't put much stock in Martin's girlfriend as a witness, since she did not actually hear any of the incident. All she knows is that Martin said he was being followed.

Also, we don't know Zimmerman followed Martin, not if he "chased him down".

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Initial thoughts are that the people defending this are simply naive, but then you realize that white people just have no idea what racism is like. They might read some stories, but their first reaction is to usually get defensive and try to label it as something else like "stereotyping". "It's not wrong if everyone feels the same way about those blackies, right?" :confused

Half-whites can be just as racist as full whites, so I don't understand that argument. The main issue here is that the police told Zimmerman not to pursue, and he still went against their instructions and chased after the child. It's not illegal to walk through a neighborhood with Skittles, an iced tea, and a hoodie. It IS illegal to commit battery/assault and manslaughter. It's also morally wrong to assault a child where I'm from at least.

The child defended himself, and got shot for actually kicking the dude's ass while being attacked. I was taught to defend myself, and I sure as hell will teach my children too also.

The police (white), and lots of other white people see nothing wrong here. That's an inherent issue, because this would not have even occurred if the same child were white. And if it did, then they would have actually investigated thoroughly at the time and Zimmerman would be in jail right now awaiting trial.

Race has lots to do with it. The media might blow things out of proportion, but the FBI and Justice Department don't just casually get involved in cases.

So.... You are only racist if you are half white and it's convenient to label you as white for the purposes of drawing conclusions. Believe me, I'm white. I know what racism is. I lived as a Minority in Miami, then moved to Nashville Antioch area and waited tables while I went through college. I was continually harassed by black patrons, just because I was white. Having them leave dollar tips on 150 dollar tabs, having them rip dollars in half and saying that's all I deserved.

To think that anyone but white people are racist is pure ignorance on your part.

Cythim

Reaction score
The court won't put much stock in Martin's girlfriend as a witness, since she did not actually hear any of the incident. All she knows is that Martin said he was being followed.

Also, we don't know Zimmerman followed Martin, not if he "chased him down".

He confirms following Martin on the 911 tapes. IMO, he became the aggressor when he stepped out of his vehicle.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
have you ever talked to locals in warm weather climates? god help them if it drops below 60.

I've lived in St Pete. Tampa. Miami. New Orleans. And now Austin. I've yet to really go my God it's cold out here!!!

Although...

I will agree , folks do go insane about anything below 70. So point taken.

Top Bottom