Reaction score
Trayvon wasn't his neighbor?

No. Trayvon was visiting his father after getting expelled at school for drugs.

superpunk said:
Even if you're familiar with your neighbors, new people can walk through all the time, especially if it's a crowded spot. Homeless drifters LOVE the beach I'm not going to start shooting them for it.

Trayvon wasn't shot because of where he was walking. He was followed because of where he was walking. He was shot because he attacked Zimmerman, and for whatever reason, Zimmerman felt his life was in danger.

Even if you did know everyone in your neighborhood, and you saw someone you didn't know, you wouldn't go following them with a gun.

It's not what I would do. Might not be what you would do. But it's what Zimmerman did.

Reaction score
Shooter’s claim to police: Trayvon Martin pounced on me

By CHUCK BENNETT

Trayvon Martin was the real aggressor in his deadly encounter with George Zimmerman — punching the neighborhood-watch volunteer, slamming his head on the sidewalk and grabbing for his gun, according to Zimmerman’s account to detectives.

The 28-year-old cop wannabe painted himself as the victim in the fatal brawl, telling investigators he was returning to his SUV and trying to call 911 when the unarmed 17-year-old approached him from behind and threw the first punch, according to published reports.

In the newly revealed account, the watch volunteer claims he was on his way to a grocery store when he first saw Martin walking through his gated Sanford, Fla., community, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

He thought the teen, who was black, looked suspicious, so he called 911 and reported him, telling the dispatcher he had just lost sight of the youth.

Zimmerman, who is of mixed white and Hispanic race, claimed to cops in a written statement that Martin approached him moments later from his left rear and that the two started arguing.

Zimmerman claimed Martin asked if he had a problem, according to the Sentinel and ABC News. He told cops he said no and reached for his cellphone to make another call.

“Well, you do now,” Martin said before slugging Zimmerman, the watchman told police, according to the Sentinel.

The blow sent Zimmerman to the ground. Martin then climbed on top of him and bashed his head into the concrete several times, according to Zimmerman’s account.

Although no witnesses corroborate Zimmerman’s claim that Martin hit first, at least one reported seeing Zimmerman on the ground being beaten.

Others heard a man screaming for help, 911 calls reveal.

Some later identified the man screaming as Zimmerman, though Martin’s family insists the cries came from the teen.

Zimmerman also claimed that Martin tried to grab his pistol, ABC News reported.

Zimmerman shot Martin once in the chest at close range. It was an act of self-defense, he told cops. He has not been charged with any crime.

Responding cops noted in their initial report that Zimmerman had a bloody nose, cuts to the back of his head and grass stains on his back.

The account differs from that of Martin’s girlfriend, who was chatting with him on his cellphone before the encounter.

“Why are you following me?” Martin was heard asking, according to the 16-year-old girl.

She said she heard a man ask, “What are you doing around here?”

Then, she said, she heard a scuffle and the line went dead.

Meanwhile, the Sentinel reported that, at the time of the attack, Martin had been suspended from school in Miami after officials found an empty marijuana baggie on him.

The report outraged the Martin family.

“They killed my son, and now they’re trying to kill his reputation,” his mother, Sybrina Fulton, said, according to the Sentinel.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...teenager_yNSHHHbhztowVzKr8apfqK#ixzz1qLsGh2QZ

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When I take public transportation, after I leave the terminal or something and someone is walking the same way I am, I'm always checking my peripherals to make sure they're not about to jump me. I imagine if they kept following me I'd be all like "PROBLEM, BRO?"

lol @ the idea that that string bean kid attacked anyone.

Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-620x457.jpg

"He beat me up bro". Yeah right.

Reaction score
Initial thoughts are that the people defending this are simply naive, but then you realize that white people just have no idea what racism is like. They might read some stories, but their first reaction is to usually get defensive and try to label it as something else like "stereotyping". "It's not wrong if everyone feels the same way about those blackies, right?" :confused

Half-whites can be just as racist as full whites, so I don't understand that argument. The main issue here is that the police told Zimmerman not to pursue, and he still went against their instructions and chased after the child. It's not illegal to walk through a neighborhood with Skittles, an iced tea, and a hoodie. It IS illegal to commit battery/assault and manslaughter. It's also morally wrong to assault a child where I'm from at least.

The child defended himself, and got shot for actually kicking the dude's ass while being attacked. I was taught to defend myself, and I sure as hell will teach my children too also.

The police (white), and lots of other white people see nothing wrong here. That's an inherent issue, because this would not have even occurred if the same child were white. And if it did, then they would have actually investigated thoroughly at the time and Zimmerman would be in jail right now awaiting trial.

Race has lots to do with it. The media might blow things out of proportion, but the FBI and Justice Department don't just casually get involved in cases.

Reaction score
When I take public transportation, after I leave the terminal or something and someone is walking the same way I am, I'm always checking my peripherals to make sure they're not about to jump me. I imagine if they kept following me I'd be all like "PROBLEM, BRO?"

lol @ the idea that that string bean kid attacked anyone.

Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-620x457.jpg

"He beat me up bro". Yeah right.

You do realize that both these photos are five years old, right?

Reaction score
Initial thoughts are that the people defending this are simply naive, but then you realize that white people just have no idea what racism is like. They might read some stories, but their first reaction is to usually get defensive and try to label it as something else like "stereotyping". "It's not wrong if everyone feels the same way about those blackies, right?" :confused

By suggesting this incident was a result of racism, you and many others are watering down and dilluting what racism really means, and what acts really are racist.

Oh, and don't preach about racism like you're so enlightened and have experienced the hardships of racism first hand. It's laughable.

Half-whites can be just as racist as full whites,

And blacks can be just as racist as anyone. Racism isn't isolated to one nationality or race.

so I don't understand that argument.

It's an issue when the media is portraying this as white vs black.

The main issue here is that the police told Zimmerman not to pursue, and he still went against their instructions and chased after
the child. It's not illegal to walk through a neighborhood with Skittles, an iced tea, and a hoodie.

You're overdramatizing what took place. He chased no one. He followed him.

It IS illegal to commit battery/assault and manslaughter.

Agreed. But Trayvonn attacked Zimmerman.

It's also morally wrong to assault a child where I'm from at least.

Trayvone attacked Zimmerman.

The child defended himself,

No he didn't. He attacked Zimmerman.

and got shot for actually kicking the dude's ass while being attacked.

He wasn't being attacked. He was attacking.

Why are you even discussing this when you can't even grasp the simplist details?

I was taught to defend myself, and I sure as hell will teach my children too also.

Teach your kids it's not okay to attack someone just because they follow you. mmmm'k?

The police (white), and lots of other white people see nothing wrong here.

So all the police involved are white?

lol

Keep on with the agenda.

That's an inherent issue, because this would not have even occurred if the same child were white.

Speculation to fit an agenda.

And if it did, then they would have actually investigated thoroughly at the time and Zimmerman would be in jail right now awaiting trial.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
either way I'm not getting worked by a 17 year old unless said 17 year old is going to college on an OL free-ride. Have some self respect Z-bot.

Reaction score

lol

Lets base our argument off statements from Zimmerman, a felon, who fo' sure wouldn't lie.

Naivety (or worse) at its finest.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
By suggesting this incident was a result of racism, you and many others are watering down and dilluting what racism really means, and what acts really are racist.

Oh, and don't preach about racism like you're so enlightened and have experienced the hardships of racism first hand. It's laughable.

And blacks can be just as racist as anyone. Racism isn't isolated to one nationality or race.

No he didn't. He attacked Zimmerman.

He wasn't being attacked. He was attacking.

Why are you even discussing this when you can't even grasp the simplist details?

Teach your kids it's not okay to attack someone just because they follow you. mmmm'k?

So all the police involved are white?

lol

Keep on with the agenda.

Why are you so sure Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was not defending himself?

You are totally believing one witness over all the others and even if true who knows if Trayvon felt threatened and decided to "stand his ground".

I can understand being upset with the media coverage but you are guilty of picking and choosing yourself.

Reaction score
Why are you so sure Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was not defending himself?

You are totally believing one witness over all the others

What "all the others" are you talking about?

bigboi said:
and even if true who knows if Trayvon felt threatened and decided to "stand his ground".

You don't stand your ground by initiating a physical confrontation.

Reaction score
I think the case sucks all around and is really unfortunate and both sides could have handled things differently and possibly better, but the worst part about it is how it's being exploited by racebaiters to incite the public and by the media for ratings.

Top Bottom