Reaction score
former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush said he didn't believe the Stand Your Ground law applied in the Trayvon Martin case: “This law does not apply to this particular circumstance… Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

The law still wouldn't apply to Zimmerman if he got into some kind of fistfight with Martin, and he lost the upper hand. Police reports say that Zimmerman had grass stains on the back of his shirt, and blood on the back of his head after the confrontation. Zimmerman again would have been the one initiating it by getting out of his car and pursuing Martin aggressively.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...le-doctrine-imminent-commission#ixzz1qHVSfDQb

Reaction score
Zimmerman has a rap sheet.
He was arrested in 2005 for battery on a law enforcement officer, Resisting officer with violence (felonies) and 2 domestic assaults.

His dad a former judge used some pull to get him off otherwise he couldn't have the permit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush said he didn't believe the Stand Your Ground law applied in the Trayvon Martin case: “This law does not apply to this particular circumstance… Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

The law still wouldn't apply to Zimmerman if he got into some kind of fistfight with Martin, and he lost the upper hand. Police reports say that Zimmerman had grass stains on the back of his shirt, and blood on the back of his head after the confrontation. Zimmerman again would have been the one initiating it by getting out of his car and pursuing Martin aggressively.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...le-doctrine-imminent-commission#ixzz1qHVSfDQb

Zimmerman has a rap sheet.
He was arrested in 2005 for battery on a law enforcement officer, Resisting officer with violence (felonies) and 2 domestic assaults.

His dad a former judge used some pull to get him off otherwise he couldn't have the permit.

Be that as it may, will you two at least concede that Martin wasn't this poor, helpless skittle carrying 8th grader that the media is trying to portray him as?

I mean, there's even evidence of him having gang affiliation back in his hometown. His myspace profile is littered with pictures of guns, pictures of him grimmacing with gold teeth. He was 6'2".

Yet the only picture the mass media is throwing down our face is poor baby faced Trayvonne from a few years ago. Whats a matter, they couldn't find one of him with a binky in his mouth playing with Tonka Trucks?

Reaction score
The law is flawed. Zimmerman should face some sort of criminal charges, IMO. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think getting your ass whipped should mean you can kill someone.

But the media portrayal of this is evil big natzi whitey kills young, innocent, harmless black kid. RACE WAR!!!

I still don't even know how they can call Zimmermansanchezrodriguez white, ffs.

Reaction score
The law is flawed. Zimmerman should face some sort of criminal charges, IMO. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think getting your ass whipped should mean you can kill someone.

But the media portrayal of this is evil big natzi whitey kills young, innocent, harmless black kid. RACE WAR!!!

I still don't even know how they can call Zimmermansanchezrodriguez white, ffs.
You're only allowed to use deadly force in self-defense if you are in reasonable fear for your life. Even if Martin was pummeling that big dude after Zimmerman followed him against police instructions with a handgun, it didn't give Zimmerman the right to shoot Martin in self defense.

I just don't believe his story. If Martin was beating him to a pulp and smashing his head against the concrete, how is he going to get his gun? And it's rather convenient this all comes out after the media firestorm that has started. We have the 911 call and the witness (girlfriend) who was talking to Martin on the phone who said Martin was scared and he took off running. You don't go from that to turning around and beating up the guy following you.

Unfortunately Martin can't refute Zimmerman's story.

For the record, I don't care if he's white or mexican or whatever. IMO he was suspicious of and went after Martin because he was black. I believe he's racist, regardless of what his actual race is.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
on a lighter note jon stewart was awesome last night making fun of the various media wearing hoodies..

he played news sith or news jedi lord....

Reaction score
You're only allowed to use deadly force in self-defense if you are in reasonable fear for your life. Even if Martin was pummeling that big dude after Zimmerman followed him against police instructions with a handgun, it didn't give Zimmerman the right to shoot Martin in self defense.

I'm not arguing that Zimmermangonzalez legally shot the guy.

I just don't believe his story. If Martin was beating him to a pulp and smashing his head against the concrete, how is he going to get his gun?

Because he had it on him at the time? :confused

And it's rather convenient this all comes out after the media firestorm that has started.

I know, right?

There's like, no way in hell the media would run off half cocked sensationalizing a story and leaving out key details.

We have the 911 call and the witness (girlfriend) who was talking to Martin on the phone who said Martin was scared and he took off running. You don't go from that to turning around and beating up the guy following you.

Actually, the girlfriend said she told Martin to run, and he refused to.

And we also have eye-witness reports that Martin was in fact, on top of Zimmermanhernandez, kicking the shit out of him.

For the record, I don't care if he's white or mexican or whatever. IMO he was suspicious of and went after Martin because he was black.

I care about the race because the perp clearly isn't white, yet the media is drumming this up as bad whitey kill innocent black guy.

You work people up into a frenzy, and there can be serious consequences. Like Riots.

Also, it gives those jackasses Sharpton and Jackson a pulpet to shout from.

I believe he's racist, regardless of what his actual race is.

I don't. 20/20 interviewed his neighbors. One of which was a black guy. Black neighbor interviewed said they were good friends.

You don't turn racism on and off. You either are, or your aren't.

I think he was guilty of stereotyping. You might argue stereotyping or profiling is a "form of racism", but it's something each and every one of us does.

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that Zimmermangonzalez legally shot the guy.
I was just clarifying the point you made that getting your ass whipped doesn't mean you can kill someone.

Because he had it on him at the time? :confused
I mean get to it... The 250 pound dude is supposedly getting beat to a pulp by the skinny 17 year old, but has the ability to get to his gun and use it. I don't buy it.

I know, right?

There's like, no way in hell the media would run off half cocked sensationalizing a story and leaving out key details.
I don't think they're intentionally leaving anything out. The media and the American public have brought heat down on the PD for not arresting this guy, and the PD who had previously been tight-lipped comes out with this report that makes them look ok.

Actually, the girlfriend said she told Martin to run, and he refused to.
Yeah I wasn't sure, I knew it was one way or the other. At any rate he started walking faster to try to get away from the dude.

And we also have eye-witness reports that Martin was in fact, on top of Zimmermanhernandez, kicking the shit out of him.
Where? In the police report? Has anyone come forward publicly?

I care about the race because the perp clearly isn't white, yet the media is drumming this up as bad whitey kill innocent black guy.

You work people up into a frenzy, and there can be serious consequences. Like Riots.

Also, it gives those jackasses Sharpton and Jackson a pulpet to shout from.
I haven't got that impression that it's evil whitey. I haven't followed it too terribly closely, but I'm getting the impression that race was involved, but not that it's an indictment on white people. I'm more sensing this Zimmerman guy was crazy-overzealous-neighborhood watch-vigilante guy.

I don't. 20/20 interviewed his neighbors. One of which was a black guy. Black neighbor interviewed said they were good friends.

You don't turn racism on and off. You either are, or your aren't.
Is that the John Rocker defense? I'm not racist, I've had a black person to my house.

I think he was guilty of stereotyping. You might argue stereotyping or profiling is a "form of racism", but it's something each and every one of us does.
This is extreme stereotyping. A young black person is walking through his neighborhood and he didn't like it. He had a hoodie on, with the hood down, and apparently after Zimmerman started following him, he put the hood on and walked faster. That's about as "suspicious" as it got from what I've heard.

Reaction score
I mean get to it... The 250 pound dude is supposedly getting beat to a pulp by the skinny 17 year old, but has the ability to get to his gun and use it. I don't buy it.

It's how it happened. A witness saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman hitting him. Then he heard a shot.

I don't think they're intentionally leaving anything out.

I definitely do. It's sensationalizing.

What do you keep hearing. "White guy" "Black kid" "Skittles." "Skittles." "Skittles."

Agree to disagree, but it's pretty clear the image they're trying to project.

Hey, sells papers.

The media and the American public have brought heat down on the PD for not arresting this guy, and the PD who had previously been tight-lipped comes out with this report that makes them look ok.

Maybe they were finishing an investigation?

I don't know what the policy is on releasing information. But if you're suggesting that there's some massive conspiracy to coverup police wrong doing, to include planting false eye witness accounts... then I don't know what to tell you.

Where? In the police report? Has anyone come forward publicly?

Edit: Seee OP:

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Is that the John Rocker defense? I'm not racist, I've had a black person to my house.

Well, you can't call someone a racist when they have friends of the race they're supposed to hate.

Reaction score
Where are all these neighborhoods that people know everyone walking up and down the street?

Is this a serious question?

If you live in a residential area, then yeah, you'll start to recognize who is who over time, and notice someone you're not familiar with.

But at any rate, this is all besides the point.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd be suspicious of anyone I'd never seen before walking around my neighborhood at night.

what sort of podunk ass town do you live in that you can chart all the people who walk through your neighborhood at night?

with hoodies on

when its cold outside

Reaction score
what sort of podunk ass town do you live in that you can chart all the people who walk through your neighborhood at night?

Of course. It's completely unfathomable that someone could become familiar with his neighbors.

:sbk92

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trayvon wasn't his neighbor?

Even if you're familiar with your neighbors, new people can walk through all the time, especially if it's a crowded spot. Homeless drifters LOVE the beach I'm not going to start shooting them for it.

Reaction score
Is this a serious question?

If you live in a residential area, then yeah, you'll start to recognize who is who over time, and notice someone you're not familiar with.

But at any rate, this is all besides the point.
Yeah its a serious question... I've lived in residential areas most of my life (pretty sure that's what residential area means), and I've never, not once, known every single person who has walked up and down the streets.

And you're right, it is beside the point. Even if you did know everyone in your neighborhood, and you saw someone you didn't know, you wouldn't go following them with a gun.

Top Bottom