Will Dallas make a trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trading Rush to replace our missing mid round picks would work for me. 4th, 5th, and 6th have all been traded away.

Next years draft is going to be a real short draft without our mid round picks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trading Rush to replace our missing mid round picks would work for me. 4th, 5th, and 6th have all been traded away.

Next years draft is going to be a real short draft without our mid round picks
We're going to get at least two comp picks, those arnt official yet but we are projected to get two 6th rd selections.

I don't think anyone is going to give up anything meaningful for Rush, unless Lance is definitely ready Rush is more valuable to us than having an extra day three pick next yr.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Giants unloading Leonard Williams to Seattle, pretty expensive trade for a guy not under contract next yr.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I mean, he ranks 9th in NFL history (since stats became officials) in NFL sacks.

He did shit most guys don't do. He was a sensational player with no weaknesses.

Romo is nowhere near the 9th best QB in league history.
I'm not a stats guy. Stats are BS! I look at what the guy did on the field, how he did it, and the help he had to accomplish it.

Ware's DL mates, LBs and secondary were better than what Romo had helping him on offense.

We tend to possibly think that guys like Montrae Holland weren't all that bad. Oh, yes they were. I remember reading about how Cincy fans laughed at signing Livings. He was a backup, not a starter.

Romo had one of the quickest releases of any generation. He got the ball out very fast and that is the only reason guys like Bernadeau, Livings, Young, and Holland even looked like starting caliber NFL players. On any playoff team, these guys would have been backups.

It is just a damn shame that by the time the OL finally got to a point that was Super Bowl worthy, Romo's health suffered. But that happened because of Jerry Jones, who didn't invest in the OL soon enough.

Even Jones has basically admitted that he wasted Romo's prime. A QB must have protection. That's even more important than who the receivers are. WIth enough time, a receiver will be open.

In a 10 year career, if your GM wastes 4 of them, you've got a problem.

Remember when Romo had something like 20 seconds of time against the Texans? That's an extreme example, but the point is when a QB has time he has options and the INTs go dramatically down.

Granted, Romo had good receivers (although I think Williams and Dez were overrated). But passing requires protection. Without time routes down field can't develop, etc. So everything needs to become condensed, which means more INTs.

Even with guys like Escobar, Olgetree, Crayton, Livings, etc Romo somehow managed to keep the team competitive and the offense was always at least good.

There's a reason why Romo came on like gangbusters when guys like Marc Colombo, Gurode were his blockers and then tapered when the OL was second rate. He picked it up again when Murray became the RB and the OL significantly improved.

Barber was good, but he constantly looked to hit someone. Julius Jones was a flash in the pan, as was Felix.

In short, Ware had more help on his side of the ball than Romo did. Even just someone like Anthony Spencer helped ease the pressure off Ware. The QB is at the mercy of his blocking and receivers. And I don't care what anyone says, Dez Bryant was if not stupid then stubborn!

Ware was a great player, but he wasn't better than Romo when context, job roles, are considered..

Ware wasn't asked to win the game. He rarely made the Arnold Donald/Micah Parsons game-changing sack. Ware got a lot of sacks, but how many closed the game out? He did have a few, but not enough in my opinion over the course of his Cowboys career.

His Super Bowl ring came when he played second fiddle to Von Miller. Basically, when he took on Anthony Spencer's role.

Am I supposed to believe that Dan Bailey was a better player than Tony Romo because at one time he ranked first all-time?

Let's put Dan Bailey in the ROH before Romo too then.

Okay, rant over!

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm already laughing at the number of Vikings fans I know who will be excited if this happens...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a stats guy. Stats are BS! I look at what the guy did on the field, how he did it, and the help he had to accomplish it.

Ware's DL mates, LBs and secondary were better than what Romo had helping him on offense.

We tend to possibly think that guys like Montrae Holland weren't all that bad. Oh, yes they were. I remember reading about how Cincy fans laughed at signing Livings. He was a backup, not a starter.

Romo had one of the quickest releases of any generation. He got the ball out very fast and that is the only reason guys like Bernadeau, Livings, Young, and Holland even looked like starting caliber NFL players. On any playoff team, these guys would have been backups.

It is just a damn shame that by the time the OL finally got to a point that was Super Bowl worthy, Romo's health suffered. But that happened because of Jerry Jones, who didn't invest in the OL soon enough.

Even Jones has basically admitted that he wasted Romo's prime. A QB must have protection. That's even more important than who the receivers are. WIth enough time, a receiver will be open.

In a 10 year career, if your GM wastes 4 of them, you've got a problem.

Remember when Romo had something like 20 seconds of time against the Texans? That's an extreme example, but the point is when a QB has time he has options and the INTs go dramatically down.

Granted, Romo had good receivers (although I think Williams and Dez were overrated). But passing requires protection. Without time routes down field can't develop, etc. So everything needs to become condensed, which means more INTs.

Even with guys like Escobar, Olgetree, Crayton, Livings, etc Romo somehow managed to keep the team competitive and the offense was always at least good.

There's a reason why Romo came on like gangbusters when guys like Marc Colombo, Gurode were his blockers and then tapered when the OL was second rate. He picked it up again when Murray became the RB and the OL significantly improved.

Barber was good, but he constantly looked to hit someone. Julius Jones was a flash in the pan, as was Felix.

In short, Ware had more help on his side of the ball than Romo did. Even just someone like Anthony Spencer helped ease the pressure off Ware. The QB is at the mercy of his blocking and receivers. And I don't care what anyone says, Dez Bryant was if not stupid then stubborn!

Ware was a great player, but he wasn't better than Romo when context, job roles, are considered..

Ware wasn't asked to win the game. He rarely made the Arnold Donald/Micah Parsons game-changing sack. Ware got a lot of sacks, but how many closed the game out? He did have a few, but not enough in my opinion over the course of his Cowboys career.

His Super Bowl ring came when he played second fiddle to Von Miller. Basically, when he took on Anthony Spencer's role.

Am I supposed to believe that Dan Bailey was a better player than Tony Romo because at one time he ranked first all-time?

Let's put Dan Bailey in the ROH before Romo too then.

Okay, rant over!
I doubt any GM would look at Romo and Ware in their primes and pick Romo over Ware.

As for your "context" comment, nobody disputes that QB is the most important "job role" for a football team. But its ludicrous to act like the role is the sole determiner of a "better" player. Was Quincy Carter "better" than Deion Sanders? Was Clint Stoerner "better" than Michael Irvin? I mean, its laughable.

Then you mention he got a ring playing "second fiddle" to Von Miller, who was in his 5th yr when Ware was in his 10th. Their stats for the season were no all that different and Ware was outstanding the entire postseason, including the Super Bowl.

Dan Bailey and Romo? WTH? Bailey doesn't belong in the RoH and neither does Romo. Both were "good" players.

Romo had a nice career, but he was not a winner and came up small numerous times in big games. He also gets a huge "fuck you" from me because he had more power with Jones than any player other than Aikman, and he sat by and said nor did anything when Jones kept fucktard Garrett year after year after year. He could have EASILY have held Jones' feet to the fire and refused any contract extensions or adjustments unless Jones agreed to get a real coach, and he never did. Why? Because Romo was perfectly happy being one of the guys, making a bunch of money, playing golf any chance he could and dating celebrity women. Winning was NEVER important to him and he proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt based on his work ethic and attitude towards practice. The Cabo thing was the epitome of who he was. Instead of being a true fucking leader and telling guys they were completely ignorant for even thinking of going off to Cabo before the most important game of the career, he actually spearheaded the thing himself.

I don't get the slobbering love affair with Romo and never have. He is to be commended for making something of himself and having a really nice career. At times he was a really good player, but he was never even remotely close to a Hall of Fame level QB. Ware was one of the best pass rushers of all time and that's why he is in Canton and the Cowboy RoH.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Johnson would be a great add, but after what the Giants got for Leonard Williams (a descending player who is not under contract next yr) I have to wonder what the price tag would be for Johnson, a much younger, more talented ascending player who also is not under contract next yr.

We already paid Diggs big dollars, so when you start thinking about the cap can you have two CB's making top of the market money (Johnson wants a high end contract). You also will have Bland going into his 3rd yr next yr and needing a new contract in the next 24-48 months himself.

Thats why I still think getting another bigtime pass-rushing DL (whether its DE or DT) makes the most sese for us. Parsons is by far our best pass rusher and everyone knows it, teams will block him with two guys and sometimes even three guys. If you go get an Aaron Donald type player, opponents cant do that any more. I thnk it also vastly improved DLaw's and Odiggy's chances of "winning" up front. We always seem to get "pressures" but are not getting enough sacks or even QB knockdowns (which also take a toll)

Top Bottom