Will Dallas make a trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tony Pauline has been pretty good fr a long time. Not a BSer like Fisher.

Several teams have been thrown out as potential suitors for Henry, including the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens as well as one sleeper team I’m hearing about. While it’s all speculation at this point, this is what league insiders tell me.

While Henry to the Miami Dolphins has built steam on the internet, most inside the league don’t believe this is a trade that will happen. As several people told me, Henry is not a good fit for the Dolphins, and it would be a system disconnect for the offensive scheme head coach Mike McDaniel runs. Henry is not a zone runner, and his pass-catching ability has really deteriorated -- both skills required for the Dolphins offense.

Latest on the speculation linking Derrick Henry to the Ravens​

There is a building belief Henry could end up in Baltimore. The Ravens No. 1 back is Gus Edwards, a serviceable former UDFA who was once again thrust into the starting role after J.K. Dobbins was lost for the season after tearing his Achilles in Week 1. It’s the second time in three years Dobbins has been lost to a season-ending injury. After a promising rookie campaign, Dobbins tore his ACL in August of 2021 and missed the entire year. The belief is that Baltimore will explore trades for other backs on the market, and if a more athletic, versatile runner becomes available for a reasonable price, they’d prefer to look in that direction.

NFL Trade Deadline: What we're hearing about the Cowboys​

The sleeper team expected to be in the market for Henry are the Dallas Cowboys. The belief from many is Henry could end up in the NFC East with the Cowboys if Tennessee is willing to eat some of the money remaining on Henry’s contract, estimated to be around $6.2 million.

The Cowboys have Tony Pollard at the top of the depth chart- a player they franchised after releasing Ezekiel Elliott in March. Henry’s power running style is viewed as the perfect compliment to Pollard’s big play ability as a ball carrier and pass catcher.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i voted yes but i dont think its goign to be an impact guy... probably a special teamer or depth piece
Exactly. I voted yes but doubt it moves the needle. This front office has little to no creativity.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i voted yes but i dont think its goign to be an impact guy... probably a special teamer or depth piece
I kind of think the opposite. I don't know if they get a deal done but if they do I think it's for a fairly significant addition (ie, starting caliber player)

I voted yes. Despite what Jones said publicly about not wanting to be the one to initiate calls and believing he has a roster capable of making a run, I think they've made it clear to the league and everyone else they DO want to make a deal and I think after what they saw vs Arizona and then just a couple weeks later in San Fran, they know this roster as-is won't get it done.

They need something to help them score TD's and something to help them prevent big plays and TD's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. I voted yes but doubt it moves the needle. This front office has little to no creativity.
They have done a couple of big trades at the deadline. Recently with Amari Cooper and prior to that with Roy Williams.

Last year they got Hankins, wasn't a blockbuster deal but he is a starter now.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought I would post here that I'm very much enjoying binge watching Welcome to Wrexham.

It's about soccer. I know this is for football fans, but if you enjoy sports in general, it's an interesting and entertaining show.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Unless Leonard Williams is interested in immediately renegotiating his contract and adding at least 2 years to it then I don't want him.

Maybe if the staff truly thinks Mazi is a bust, but otherwise Mazi has to earn his salary.

We seem good at beating up on average teams. Until I see it happen, we can't beat the Eagles.

I'm going with the Eagles. They are a team that reminds me of the 90s Cowboys. They can look average for a half, then they get serious.

Don't get me wrong, the Cowboys ARE a very good team, but I don't think the Cowboys are better than the Eagles. I still don't think we can stop the run well and the Eagles can easily shift to being a running team.

I hope they prove me wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They should use today to see that they badly need another pass rusher and/or another CB

Team cant even get consistent hits on the QB when up by 30 pts

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Idiot Jones in postgame announcing they wont do anything at trade deadline.

Fucking waste of time drunken idiot GM
I'm not a fan of putting Ware in the ROH before Tony Romo.

Many might disagree.

But few will disagree with the idea that Jimmy Johnson should be in the ROH before Ware.

Jerry is a bitter man desperate to prove he doesn't need Jimmy.

Jerry lied to Jimmy and the entire world on live TV by saying he'd put Jimmy in the ROH. How long ago was that now?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of putting Ware in the ROH before Tony Romo.

Many might disagree.

But few will disagree with the idea that Jimmy Johnson should be in the ROH before Ware.

Jerry is a bitter man desperate to prove he doesn't need Jimmy.

Jerry lied to Jimmy and the entire world on live TV by saying he'd put Jimmy in the ROH. How long ago was that now?
Yeah, totally disagree. Ware was a much better player than Romo.

But nobody should be getting in ahead of Jimmy. I don't even give a rats ass about the RoH anymore until they fix this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

But nobody should be getting in ahead of Jimmy. I don't even give a rats ass about the RoH anymore until they fix this.
Jimmy should tell him to stick it and go to court getting an injunction barring Jerruh from ever using his name or likeness.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Well, I can't figure out how to argue this without writing a book. so, to keep it short. I disagree that Ware was better. I think we need to realize that playing pass rusher is a heck of a lot easier than playing QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I can't figure out how to argue this without writing a book. so, to keep it short. I disagree that Ware was better. I think we need to realize that playing pass rusher is a heck of a lot easier than playing QB.
I mean, he ranks 9th in NFL history (since stats became officials) in NFL sacks.

He did shit most guys don't do. He was a sensational player with no weaknesses.

Romo is nowhere near the 9th best QB in league history.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And the deal is. Aggie.... Winning a SB was never a requirement for the Ring. And in reality, RoH is whatever Jerral says it is.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the injury to Kirk Cousins we need to flip Cooper Rush for anything we can get for him while the Vikings are reeling from the loss.

No better time to fleece another team than when their starting QB goes down in the middle of the season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the injury to Kirk Cousins we need to flip Cooper Rush for anything we can get for him while the Vikings are reeling from the loss.

No better time to fleece another team than when their starting QB goes down in the middle of the season
Normally I would agree with you, but they arnt getting anything of real value for him. Even if they got somebody to give up a 5th rd pick, to me that isnt worth it to lose your proven backup QB. The only caveat to that is if they think Lance is ready to be the #2, then yeah. Get whatever you could for him.

I doubt any team has any interest in trading for a career backup that has significant arm strength limitations.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Normally I would agree with you, but they arnt getting anything of real value for him. Even if they got somebody to give up a 5th rd pick, to me that isnt worth it to lose your proven backup QB. The only caveat to that is if they think Lance is ready to be the #2, then yeah. Get whatever you could for him.

I doubt any team has any interest in trading for a career backup that has significant arm strength limitations.

Normally a team wouldn’t be interested in trading for Rush

The situation the Vikings currently find themselves in is the only reason I mentioned it.

What other QB’s are out there that can fill in that a team would be willing to part with?

Any other team with a decent back up wouldn’t let their back up go.

Since we have Lance, we are in a unique position that most teams are not in.

That’s the only reason it makes sense. Once the Viking fill their QB position after Cousins injury, then Rush looses all value again.

Top Bottom