BraveHeartFan

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm currently going through the process of buying a house myself and my thoughts are the process is long, tedious, and a pain in the butt.

If you get a place you'd really like though it will be well worth it and you'll be happy you did.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
"Either you're slinging crack rock or you have a wicked jump shot"
-seth davis
Boiler Room

awesome movie

and inside job is absolutely fantastic. anyone who hasnt watched it should. Does a great job of simplifying the ins and outs.
Yep, that is where I want to go for my opinion. A movie, which simplifies complex processes. Yea, after watching that I will be informed and capable of being an Internet douche.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that is where I want to go for my opinion. A movie, which simplifies complex processes. Yea, after watching that I will be informed and capable of being an Internet douche.

:lol

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You are an internet douche, you dont need a movie.

and read what I said, its a nice introductory of the ins and outs of what happened. It will break down the terminology and the structure of the markets that most probably do not pay attention to assuming that a bank is a just a bank etc...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most rents in my area are over $1,000 a month on average for a basic apartment so if I was young and single, I'd look at a reasonably priced starter home. They're out there, especially of you don't have to consider school districts which may increase the price of a home for an area where everyone wants their kids to go to school. That was a huge consideration for me since I had kids.

Now is the right time to buy a home. You may never see interest rates this low again and get a fixed rate so you know what you'll be paying for the term of the loan. Also, I think it's a good idea to have your property taxes factored into your monthly mortgage so you kind of pay as go and don't have to come up with several thousand dollars all at once.

And as a side not, you can always rent out a bedroom to a friend to help off-set your monthly payment. You have a lot of flexibility and it's a good idea to buy. Just don't get crazy buying a house that is too big or too expensive. You'll regret it in the long run.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks dear abby

A guy comes on here and asks for advice and you savages berate him. I know you've been helping him find his sexual identity; the least I can do is help him with his house.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look BB, I know you've got some quirks but I think you've probably got a decent job and keep your private escapades secret. Poor Bob is an open book. Just a guy/gal trying to find his way. He needs our help.

Top Bottom