Reaction score
Theebs I was one of those mean realtors you mentioned earlier. Cant' speak for everyone, but I always coached people on buying what they can afford and not what they're qualified for.

Problem was people are/were stupid and wouldn't listen. They'd look online at houses in 1 price range, fall in love with them, and then would get disappointed when the homes they could comfortably afford didn't match up (obviously). So many times they'd just fall in love with the home out of their budget and want to make an offer.

I know realtors get a lot of blame because they get paid a commission based on the sales price of the home. But if you do the math, the difference in commission between a 300k house and a 250k house isn't that much. Certainly not enough to where you wouldn't look out for your clients best interest with the hopes of getting both repeat business from them in the future, as well as referrals.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dbair you are literally the least informed person on this site. You make bob look like Lou Dobbs or something.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Reagan, Clinton, Bush were all responsible David. They all were in on it

good luck trying to get through the brick wall that is his head.

He never understands, what happened was not about parties. It was about complete and total disregard of morals, conscious and the well being of the whole instead of the want of the individual. The political system we have allowed them to have no oversight, write there own laws and in the end walk away scott free with what they wanted, which was everything. And it is still happening, it wasnt enough that we had the S&L in 87, enron in 99 and this in 08.....they still want more.

its not about a party, its about what the system manipulated by the few who had the power did for personal gain with complete and utter disregard for the countries and the world's people.

They all belong in jail, yet they all got new jobs in the government or went back to there college teaching jobs scott free with a bundle in the bank. The guy from countrywide and paulson should be hung for the stuff they pulled.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
good luck trying to get through the brick wall that is his head.

He never understands, what happened was not about parties. It was about complete and total disregard of morals, conscious and the well being of the whole instead of the want of the individual. The political system we have allowed them to have no oversight, write there own laws and in the end walk away scott free with what they wanted, which was everything. And it is still happening, it wasnt enough that we had the S&L in 87, enron in 99 and this in 08.....they still want more.

its not about a party, its about what the system manipulated by the few who had the power did for personal gain with complete and utter disregard for the countries and the world's people.

They all belong in jail, yet they all got new jobs in the government or went back to there college teaching jobs scott free with a bundle in the bank. The guy from countrywide and paulson should be hung for the stuff they pulled.

All about money and hoe's

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All about money and hoe's

"Either you're slinging crack rock or you have a wicked jump shot"
-seth davis
Boiler Room

awesome movie

and inside job is absolutely fantastic. anyone who hasnt watched it should. Does a great job of simplifying the ins and outs.

Reaction score
Inside job the Denzel movie? Thought that one was overrated as hell. Only good part was Clive Owens exit

Shaun of the dead is another one people have been told to like. There's nothing funny in it

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Theebs I was one of those mean realtors you mentioned earlier. Cant' speak for everyone, but I always coached people on buying what they can afford and not what they're qualified for.

Problem was people are/were stupid and wouldn't listen. They'd look online at houses in 1 price range, fall in love with them, and then would get disappointed when the homes they could comfortably afford didn't match up (obviously). So many times they'd just fall in love with the home out of their budget and want to make an offer.

I know realtors get a lot of blame because they get paid a commission based on the sales price of the home. But if you do the math, the difference in commission between a 300k house and a 250k house isn't that much. Certainly not enough to where you wouldn't look out for your clients best interest with the hopes of getting both repeat business from them in the future, as well as referrals.

So, is 200k something that would be considered affordable?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It depends on what you make, Bob.

Since you make $7.25 an hour, no, it's not affordable.

Reaction score
So, is 200k something that would be considered affordable?

I have no idea what your financial situation looks like, so there is no way I can answer that.

General rule of thumb I used to tell people is to anticipate a monthly payment thats between $6-7 for every 1k financed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You can live in my basement as my love slave for $300/mo.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't listen to him, Bob.

My couch is more comfortable. We have a Best Buy here, too.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As long as you don't mind defecating in a bucket, we have a deal.

Top Bottom