NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm done with the Homo. He can DIAF.

I don't care if we start winning, because this piece of shit won't take us anywheres.

If you think different, you're a blind homer.

I think different and I'm the furthest person from a homer here.

Romo had a great first half... bombed the second half. This shit happens. Just like he wins us games. That shit happens too. And lets not take anything away from the Lions, they're looking like a good team.

You set yourself up for disappointment when you thought this team was going to the SB this season. Start having realistic expectations.

Reaction score
Dude, how many times are you going to watch Romo ditch games like this before you realize that he's going to do it again? I think that's what most of the reactions to Romo's performance today have been. And quite understandably.
Every QB is going to do it from time to time. It's happened to the best of em. I'm not going to quit pulling for the guy. He gives us the best chance to win.

Cythim

Reaction score
It's okay, Peplaw, we'll let em back on after this team rips off 5 straight wins and Romo throws 15 tds and 0 ints along the way.

Hard to be consistent as a fan when Romo is so inconsistent as a QB. I still love him but I hate when he make it so I cannot defend him. I couldn't defend him after NY and I cannot defend him after today's game.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Also, give us a legit running game and better OLine play and we don't have to rely on Romo throwing the ball when we have a 24 point lead.

Reaction score
I knew it'd only be a matter of time before he'd turn around and blow more games, yes. It's what he does.

I take it you thought he'd suddenly become a consistent QB and stop throwing games away? lol

Looks like you are as much of an idiot as the zrinkill moron.
You only think "that's what he does" because you remember the blowups. You don't remember the good stuff.

His win percentage and 4th quarter stats prove there's plenty of the good stuff.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Also, give us a legit running game and better OLine play and we don't have to rely on Romo throwing the ball when we have a 24 point lead.

This is exactly right.

If you can have confidence in your ground game, you don't need to live and die by the pass every week.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

And I don't mean to be making excuses for Romo... He shoulda never thrown those INTs but my problem is with the fact that without a run game we'll never (as a team) be able to close games.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The OL looked pretty damn good today.

The OL is a pile of shit inside the redzone and in obvious run situations.

If they can't run block, they are worthless.

The whole interior needs to be replaced.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And I don't mean to be making excuses for Romo... He shoulda never thrown those INTs but my problem is with the fact that without a run game we'll never (as a team) be able to close games.

Plenty of teams close games without a run game. Just because we dont run it like we did from 91-95 doesnt mean the end of the world.

We didnt close the game becasue our QB played like a rookie scrub in the second half, just minutes after looking brilliant for the first half and the start of the 2nd half.

Cythim

Reaction score
The OL looked pretty damn good today.

They looked good because Romo was getting rid of the ball faster than he normally does. I had a stopwatch on him in the first half and every release happened about 2.5 seconds after the snap. He held onto a couple but mostly Romo was not giving the DL time to reach him. I think Garrett did a great job making sure this happened to keep Romo from taking a beating.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The OL is a pile of shit inside the redzone and in obvious run situations.

If they can't run block, they are worthless.

The whole interior needs to be replaced.

Still, there were other parts of our run game that were working pretty decently. Hell, the fake reverse that led to an Ogletree reception worked beautifully because the D reacted to the run. Because we were running the ball so far to that point with some consistency. Even if you are so-so with the running results, just presenting that option gives the D something else to think about, and opens your offense up for a lot of playaction, and Romo roll outs.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
They looked good because Romo was getting rid of the ball faster than he normally does. I had a stopwatch on him in the first half and every release happened about 2.5 seconds after the snap. He held onto a couple but mostly Romo was not giving the DL time to reach him. I think Garrett did a great job making sure this happened to keep Romo from taking a beating.

lol

Fucking dork.

lol

Reaction score
Plenty of teams close games without a run game. Just because we dont run it like we did from 91-95 doesnt mean the end of the world.

I get really tired of seeing our RBs hit the back of the OL in the hole or behind the line of scrimmage, or have to avoid defenders in the backfield. I'm not asking for them to be the OL from the 90s. I'm just asking that they open holes and that the RBs hit them. There were a few runs today where we had positive yardage that came solely from Felix or Choice shedding a tackler in the backfield. Some of it is the OL and some of it is the backs.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Exactly. It was very noticeable in this game that we were protecting and trying to hide our problems along the oline with Garrett's game plan. Which he did a great job with in that regard.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess Garrett needs to make another speech to the media of how Romo is gonna use today as a motivational tool to not play like a ****** again. I'm calling this game a mulligan.

Top Bottom