Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Negative is anything that isnt positive! If thats too hard to explain, then we can leave it off.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. It's either black, or white? No grey area where reality lies?
Ill do $50 bucks. I don’t want to have to explain to my wife that i lost $100 bucks lol. Avatar bet also.
No Man, it's $100. And no avatar shit. You have 6 weeks to explain this to your wife. You have reasonably one week, to make up your mind. If bet not accepted this week it's still available for next week whether Dallas wins or loses Sunday night. So, sleep on it and then nut up, and prep the wifey.

But see? You're negative. Why didn't you say instead that you can't wait to take wifey out for a nice surprise dinner on the $100 you were gonna take from that negative rube Dumbsday?

Reaction score
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. It's either black, or white? No grey area where reality lies?No Man, it's $100. And no avatar shit. You have 6 weeks to explain this to your wife. You have reasonably one week, to make up your mind. If bet not accepted this week it's still available for next week whether Dallas wins or loses Sunday night. So, sleep on it and then nut up, and prep the wifey.

But see? You're negative. Why didn't you say instead that you can't wait to take wifey out for a nice surprise dinner on the $100 you were gonna take from that negative rube Dumbsday?

I don’t really need the $100 bucks but ill do it anyways. Id like the avatar bet too because it would be fun to rub it in your face ;)

You need a nice Manziel avatar! Ball is in your court big boy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don’t really need the $100 bucks but ill do it anyways. Id like the avatar bet too because it would be fun to rub it in your face ;)

You need a nice Manziel avatar! Ball is in your court big boy.
We're on for $100?

The bet is:

Me: We go 2-3 or worse, in our games before the bye week. This means 1-4 and even 0-5. Ties count as losses.
You: We go 4-1, in our games before the bye week.

Stakes: $100 payable via PayPal.

Agreed?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don’t really need the $100 bucks
Yeah I don't either, just want to see of you'll put up or shut up, and I figure $100 is enough to risk, to make somebody actually look at the damn schedule, know that we're the Dallas Cowboys and the rest of the league hates us anyway, and see that it's 5 buzzsaws we're running into, of teams who are gonna be coming after us like we won the Super Bowl last year.

On the bright side, after you lose you're essentially financing the hosting for the site for about 10 months. That will make me feel really really good!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hell, I am paying a outside coder $150 bucks this month to code us a bootstrap-based mobile responsive style, and when you lose this bet most of that is financed! I'll even name that new style "EverlastingMobile." Win-Win!

See how positive I am? I already got your ill-placed $100, spent!

Reaction score
We're on for $100?

The bet is:

Me: We go 2-3 or worse, in our games before the bye week. This means 1-4 and even 0-5. Ties count as losses.
You: We go 4-1, in our games before the bye week.

Stakes: $100 payable via PayPal.

Agreed?

The bet isn’t even. You have multiple options, i have one option. You: 1-4. Me: 4-1. That’s it. Anything else the bet is canceled. Winner also gets to choose the others avatar for the remainder of the season. I want you to be embarrassed. Losing $100 probably isn’t anything to you and kind of meaningless. The $100 bucks i win, you have to donate to the Cowboyszone. lol

Reaction score
Hell, I am paying a outside coder $150 bucks this month to code us a bootstrap-based mobile responsive style, and when you lose this bet most of that is financed! I'll even name that new style "EverlastingMobile." Win-Win!

See how positive I am? I already got your ill-placed $100, spent!

That’s cool. Even if i lose ill be serving a good cause!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The bet isn’t even. You have multiple options, i have one option. You: 1-4. Me: 4-1. That’s it. Anything else the bet is canceled. Winner also gets to choose the others avatar for the remainder of the season. I want you to be embarrassed. Losing $100 probably isn’t anything to you and kind of meaningless. The $100 bucks i win, you have to donate to the Cowboyszone. lol
See? you're chickening. Where's all your cheerleader positivity? It's a lot harder to generate annit, when it's a hundred bucks riding? C'mon Man. My original prediction was either 1-4 or 2-3. Yours was, 4-1. I'm not the one moving goalposts now.

BUT - I will bend some. You get "winning record" which is either 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. I get "losing record." Is that fair?

Reaction score
See? you're chickening. Where's all your cheerleader positivity? It's a lot harder to generate annit, when it's a hundred bucks riding? C'mon Man.

BUT - I will bend some. You get "winning record" which is either 4-1 or 3-2. I get "losing record." Is that fair?

Hey, i always haggle to get a better deal. Yea that works better!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hey, i always haggle to get a better deal.
No, you chicken off your firmly entrenched position because you're starting to see it was silly. Silly cheerleading, and when the specter of losing a hundred dollar bill entered into it, your actual brain kicked in.

Okay then so the bet is for $100 payable via PayPal, and it is:

Me: We have a losing record after the first five games.
You: We have a winning record after the first five games.

TIES: If there is one tie or more, (ties are very unlikely I know) we go by winning percentage instead of actual w-l-t record. (IF because of ties we see a percentage of .500, the bet is off.)

Deal?

Reaction score
No, you chicken off your firmly entrenched position because you're starting to see it was silly. Silly cheerleading, and when the specter of losing a hundred dollar bill entered into it, your actual brain kicked in.

Okay then so the bet is for $100 payable via PayPal, and it is:

Me: We have a losing record after the first five games.
You: We have a winning record after the first five games.

TIES: If there is one tie or more, (ties are very unlikely I know) we go by winning percentage instead of actual w-l-t record. (IF because of ties we see a percentage of .500, the bet is off.)

Deal?

Yes, plus the winner chooses the others avatar for the rest of the season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok, so what’s the problem then? You don’t have to change mine, but id like to change yours! lol

Come on dude.
Hey man, I was flexible with you when i didn't have to be, and bent some to save you from chickening out. Now what's it gonna be, a adult bet or this kiddie shit you're proposing?

Reaction score
Hey man, I was flexible with you and bent some, to save you from chickening out. Now what's it gonna be, a adult bet or this kiddie shit you're proposing?

You are taking the fun out of it. Money is boring. I’m sure you are swimming in cash, losing a couple bucks isn’t a big deal to you. When you asked originally what i wanted to bet on, i told you. I wanted 50 bucks but i changed it for you. I want the avatar and everything else is good to go.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You are taking the fun out of it. Money is boring. I’m sure you are swimming in cash, losing a couple bucks isn’t a big deal to you. When you asked originally what i wanted to bet on, i told you. I wanted 50 bucks but i changed it for you. I want the avatar and everything else is good to go.
Mother fucker I'll put whatever avatar on my account you want, right now. I don't give a shit about it nor do I give two red rat's asses about yours.

The bet is for $100 only, or fuck off.

Reaction score
I’m not crying. In this thread, there were two posters that took a jab at me. My response was a little jab at them in return. Like i said, they give it to me, i give it back. I had a mod literally tell me that he had enough of my positivity. Are you fucking serious? I have had another 2 or 3 other posters let me know if i wanted to be positive to go back to the Zone. I have a lot respect for your opinion but you are off the mark here.
Jabs are one thing... If that's all it is, then it's fine. I don't read all the posts around here. I know some have jabbed at you for being positive lately. And I know you've ribbed some for being too negative. I got no problem with that.

I guess the thing I've noticed more than a couple of times from you is the whole "hey moderators, this is going to be a positive post... you can delete" type of stuff. I kind of think that's implying that we're legit trying to stifle positive opinions. I doubt anyone approached you in their capacity as a moderator serioulsy asking you to stop it with the positive stuff. In fact, I think most moderators here forget they're moderators most of the time. When you bring it up like we're trying to bully you with some perceived power grab or something, it doesn't come off as a jab. I don't think anyone wants to put out the impression that we stifle opposing viewpoints... that's what this place was built on.

If it's all jabs and such, so be it. IJS it doesn't come off that way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess the thing I've noticed more than a couple of times from you is the whole "hey moderators, this is going to be a positive post... you can delete" type of stuff. I kind of think that's implying that we're legit trying to stifle positive opinions. I doubt anyone approached you in their capacity as a moderator serioulsy asking you to stop it with the positive stuff. In fact, I think most moderators here forget they're moderators most of the time. When you bring it up like we're trying to bully you with some perceived power grab or something, it doesn't come off as a jab. I don't think anyone wants to put out the impression that we stifle opposing viewpoints... that's what this place was built on.
Thank you. This is what I was unable to put into words, my actual objection to his whining.

Reaction score
Mother fucker I'll put whatever avatar on my account you want, right now. I don't give a shit about it nor do I give two red rat's asses about yours.

The bet is for $100 only, or fuck off.

Alright alright. Relax. Fine. Lets do it. Go to bed, lol

Top Bottom