Reaction score
Without James Washington, a list like this in invalid. He probably should have been a Super Bowl MVP.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Super Bowl 28 probably much different without his heroics.
Of course, in that game it seemed like we were just sort of mailing it in, until the second half when hitting them in the mouth repeatedly again became the modus operandi.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
James Washington contributed but the Dallas Cowboys are a storied franchise that has played in two NFL championship games, 8 Super Bowls and 14 Conference Championships. They have played in 60 playoff games in 31 of their 55 seasons. 44 players have participated in 15 or more playoff games.

The Cowboy's playoff success didn't start in the 90's, it started in the 60's and if there isn't enough room for Cliff Harris then there darned sure isn't enough room for a guy that played a total of 10 playoff games in 5 seasons with the Cowboys.

I respect James Washington but he cannot be placed in the top ten, not even as a co-player with others..

Reaction score
Did we ever find out who #7 was?

And Aikman at 4 seems ludicrous at first glance. No pre-90s Cowboys should be rated higher than him.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Did we ever find out who #7 was?

dallas-cowboys-drew-pearson-27-large-5x7-topps-1980-nfl-american-football-trading-card-13821-p.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And Aikman at 4 seems ludicrous at first glance. No pre-90s Cowboys should be rated higher than him.
Plus Statman's post made it look like he was defending that selection. Like, he thinks some people might think 4 was too high? Impression I got anyway.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
**Spoiler alert**

#2 and #3 Emmitt Smith/Michael Irvin

-Blah blah bunch of bullshit commentary blah blah STATS blah blah more bullshit

Number 1:

hi-res-182388865-dez-bryant-of-the-dallas-cowboys-celebrates-after_crop_exact-300x300.jpg

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I was dealt an issue that I had to spend a great deal of time resolving.

I'll give the spoiler because I'm not going to have a great deal of recreational time over the next couple of weeks.

Number 7 and number 3 is number 88.

As far as deciding who was #1 and #2?

I just couldn't do it. I couldn't. Neither one of these guys deserve to be #2. They both personify everything that is great about the Cowboys in terms of spirit, heart, determination, and giving everything they have to winning. And both of them played their besdt when everything was on the line, when it was time to show everyone what a champion looks like.

It's a tie for #1.

Roger Staubach <------------> Emmitt Smith

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Um, Charlie Waters has the most post-season picks in NFL (not just Cowboy) history. I'm just going to assume you overlooked him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You understand this is a list of The Cowboys Greatest Postseason Warriors right? Not preseason and not regular season. Dez with his 2 postseason games played and his 6 receptions for 86 yards and no TDs doesn't even crack the top 40 reasonably, for any such list. Not his fault of course, that he's only had 2 playoff games.

Statman said:
Number 7 and number 3 is number 88.
The two 88s are and should be Pearson and Irvin. One would think.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Um, Charlie Waters has the most post-season picks in NFL (not just Cowboy) history. I'm just going to assume you overlooked him.
I think any list of this category should definitely have Waters and Washington on it. So if I were fixing this it would be:

#10 James Washington
#9 Chuck Howley
#8 Charlie Waters
#7 Ed Jones
#6 Harvey Martin/Randy White
#5 Drew Pearson
#4 Michael Irvin
#3 Roger Staubach
#2 Troy Aikman
#1 Emmitt Smith

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Drew Pearson's numbers in NFC Championship games and Super Bowls were pretty abysmal. The Hail Mary and miracle in Atlanta kinda save him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Drew Pearson's numbers in NFC Championship games and Super Bowls were pretty abysmal. The Hail Mary and miracle in Atlanta kinda save him.
If not for that one fingertip jersey tackle people would be talking about "Drew's Breakaway" instead of "The Catch."

Top Bottom