Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Crowds smaller so far at Cowboys camp

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- Drawing a crowd has never been a problem for the Dallas Cowboys.

Through the first four days of training camp, the crowds have been smaller than normal.

Last year the Cowboys drew 13,230 fans in the first four days of training camp. Through the first four days of camp this summer the Cowboys have had 11,000 fans. At their opening practice last year, the Cowboys drew 6,614 fans on Sunday. On Saturday with their pre-practice extravaganza, the Cowboys drew 4,279 fans.

Maybe three straight 8-8 seasons are starting to catch up with the Cowboys. Maybe it’s one playoff win since 1996. Maybe it was the Oxnard Salsa Festival.

“Those things will take care of themselves,” executive vice president Stephen Jones said of the crowds. “It’s my understanding there’s a festival in town this weekend and some of the people who would normally come here, some of them are over there. The crowds will take care of themselves.

“We’re worried about winning, putting a good team on the field; not about the crowds.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Nerd Clayton at ESPN:

5. Could Rolando McClain be the surprise of the summer? Early word is the Cowboys think they got a steal in McClain, who came out of retirement and was traded by the Ravens to Dallas. Alabama coach Nick Saban told the Cowboys that McClain has gotten his mind and body right. He has done a few good things at the beginning of camp. The Cowboys are desperate to replace injured Sean Lee at middle linebacker. McClain could be a real find.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But they have been talking about this lately... One of the reporters, I think JJT (who is an idiot but knows Dez pretty well) said they aren't even close on negotiations.

Also that Dez isn't really that money-oriented, but that he definitely sees himself as a top 2-3-4 WR and wants to be paid as such just for the "respect" factor.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
But they have been talking about this lately... One of the reporters, I think JJT (who is an idiot but knows Dez pretty well) said they aren't even close on negotiations.

Also that Dez isn't really that money-oriented, but that he definitely sees himself as a top 2-3-4 WR and wants to be paid as such just for the "respect" factor.

I don't think that is unreasonable of Dez, either.

Reaction score
if we have to make a choice on upcoming negotiations with potential big money players I hate to say it but Dez is probably odd man out.

let someone else hamstring their cap with a WR contract

because that always works out

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Jerry's logic of "how do we ever benefit of all of the growing pains and mistakes Jason Garrett made unless we keep him" holds true at all, I would think Dez would be a career Cowboy.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
if we have to make a choice on upcoming negotiations with potential big money players I hate to say it but Dez is probably odd man out.

let someone else hamstring their cap with a WR contract

because that always works out

Besides Tyron, what other big money contracts are looming?

There is between zero and no chance in hell they let Dez walk.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Franchise left tackle trumps explosive playmaking receiver.

It's Sophie's Choice for Jerry though.

Top Bottom