Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can blame that on his coach, not him.
I've seen Dez physically dominated, too many times.

Point being, I don't see him yet as a elite receiver. Whether it's 50-50 him and the coaching, really doesn't matter.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm with CK on WRs if it really came down to allocating the money... But it won't come down to that. Jerry will pay Dez a fortune.

Reaction score

Point being, I don't see him yet as a elite receiver. Whether it's 50-50 him and the coaching, really doesn't matter.

You are on crack. Peterson maybe when Bryant was a rookie. Nobody else has. If he hit free agency he would become the highest paid WR in the league. The scary part is he hasnt reached his ceiling.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

God damn, man. This isn't even close to true.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score

This is getting ridiculous. I hope this is some master scheme to drive traffic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not even close to Dez.

Dez is on an Irvin level.
Hard working first in last out, yeah. I wasn't comparing Dez's work ethic to Miles, I was pointing out how Miles went straight to shit, malingering on a fake injury, right after he got his big payday. And though I think what drives Dez isn't totally about money, these days the big money and the agents in your ear have a way of changing alot of things.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I hope this is some master scheme to drive traffic.
Dez gets taken completely out of games any time the opposing DC wants him out of the game. Elite receivers don't. Nothing ridiculous about it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dez goes away at times partly because Garrett thinks he's smarter than the other guy.

Look at TO, he had the same trends under Garrett. Hot one qtr, then they focus on getting the 2nd TE involved.

Garrett gets out-coached every week because he over complicates the offense.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez gets taken completely out of games any time the opposing DC wants him out of the game. Elite receivers don't. Nothing ridiculous about it.

That is truer than "Dez is physically dominated by opposing players". Still, I would blame our OC more than their DC.

If you want to say Dez isn't elite, I might agree with you. It depends on where you want to make the cutoff for elite. But no, he is not on micheal irvin status, or even one level below that.

Reaction score
By that logic, Des would get taken out of every game, especially if all a DC has to do is say "take Des out of the game".

Reaction score
That is truer than "Dez is physically dominated by opposing players". Still, I would blame our OC more than their DC.

If you want to say Dez isn't elite, I might agree with you. It depends on where you want to make the cutoff for elite. But no, he is not on micheal irvin status, or even one level below that.

Dez is physically probably one of the best examples of a WCO WR there is right now. There are bigger and faster WRs but his sheer hand strength to catch a high speed pass in a short area (i.e. A staple of a WCO route) and especially his very angry and punishing running on he has the ball is unmatched. Sending him out on fly routes or slow developing reactionary routes makes very little sense in terms of his strengths and weaknesses and such thinking is the reason why he can be limited in some games - by the way, I think the Garrett thinking is that when a WR develops enough attention of the opposing defense, the other parts of the offense open.

Reaction score
love dez but i'd almost rather let him walk and spend that money elsewhere. you can do alot of good on defense with that money paying pass rushers and safeties. depth MFer. Dez is exciting, he puts butts in the seats, but I think passing on throwing a huge chunk of your cap at wideouts is the right team-building move.

Weren't you not long ago arguing endlessly that the cap doesn't matter?

Top Bottom