Iamtdg

Reaction score
Because all students become contributing members of society -and in their field of study, too! And all welfare recipients are just sitting on their couch drinking 40s and having babies. Got it.

Who said anything about what they would become. I said being in school is an attempt on their part to further themselves. Not someone who is putting no effort at all into putting back into the system

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So you are saying people on welfare make no attempt to return to being a contributing member of society? What are you basing that on exactly, i would love to see those figures.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
So you are saying people on welfare make no attempt to return to being a contributing member of society? What are you basing that on exactly, i would love to see those figures.

What Carp said. You don't have proof to the otherwise, and it's a well known fact that the system is abused. Why else would we need to pass a law to try and reduce said abuse? You figure all 36 Senate members here in Texas have made up an issue that doesn't exist just to be able to pass some legislation on it? Must be a pretty significant and evident problem when a state's Senate votes 36-0 to pass a law which is trying to fix said obvious issue.

Reaction score
Do you have any clue why that number is so high?

No? Then STFU.

Already responded to that, you also had the most child abuse fatalities in 2012. Rank among the top 15 fattest states. According to The Institute For Economics And Peace you also rank among the 10 Most violent states.

Back on topic though as I said, I'm ok with the testing if all recipients have to do it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are there figures that support them contributing to society?

What Carp said. You don't have proof to the otherwise, and it's a well known fact that the system is abused. Why else would we need to pass a law to try and reduce said abuse? You figure all 36 Senate members here in Texas have made up an issue that doesn't exist just to be able to pass some legislation on it? Must be a pretty significant and evident problem when a state's Senate votes 36-0 to pass a law which is trying to fix said obvious issue.

Who is tossing their complete trust in the government now?

Yes, I do believe politicians would harp on something like this to curry political favor with an uneducated electorate that loooooves to grumble about the myth of "welfare queens". Look no further than the article I posted on Florida to show that politicians will do this to address a nearly nonexistent problem to the point where the testing program is upside down in profitability to the state.

The fact is, that many welfare recipients ARE contributing members of society, they simply make so little money that they need a little extra to get by. Or they are people down on their luck who are actively trying to re-enter the work force. Long-term welfare recipients who never contribute anything to the system are not exceedingly common. But waging a war against them (whether they exist or not) is an exceedingly popular political tool.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Already responded to that, you also had the most child abuse fatalities in 2012. Rank among the top 15 fattest states. According to The Institute For Economics And Peace you also rank among the 10 Most violent states.

Back on topic though as I said, I'm ok with the testing if all recipients have to do it.

You do realize there are a crap ton more of us than 99% of other states, right?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Who is tossing their complete trust in the government now?

Yes, I do believe politicians would harp on something like this to curry political favor with an uneducated electorate that loooooves to grumble about the myth of "welfare queens". Look no further than the article I posted on Florida to show that politicians will do this to address a nearly nonexistent problem to the point where the testing program is upside down in profitability to the state.

The fact is, that many welfare recipients ARE contributing members of society, they simply make so little money that they need a little extra to get by. Or they are people down on their luck who are actively trying to re-enter the work force. Long-term welfare recipients who never contribute anything to the system are not exceedingly common. But waging a war against them (whether they exist or not) is an exceedingly popular political tool.

36-0.

Oh, and I have way more faith in the State of Texas' govt versus the Feds.

Reaction score
You do realize there are a crap ton more of us than 99% of other states, right?

California is bigger and doesn't rank as high as you in any of those categories. :awkward

Don't get offended just busting Jon's chops, now yours since you are getting touchy.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
California is bigger and doesn't rank as high as you in any of those categories. :awkward

Don't get offended just busting Jon's chops, now yours since you are getting touchy.

California also is a heaping financial mess. So, I suppose you can so both have good qualities... wait, California has no good qualities. Point taken.

Top Bottom