ROMOTODEZ

Spectator
Reaction score
Carter is very doubtful. I read earlier he is already ruled out. McClain seems ok though

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the line was repaired 4 years ago like it is today, I'd say this team could win a Super Bowl or two with Romo.
Thing is, the running game was working when it was used. Only reason they finally stay with it this year was Tony's back. If they would have played smash mouth consistently in years prior, the o-lines they had would have jelled, and you might not need three 1st round draft picks for it. Might not have had the back surgery either.

Dallas in the 90s - run first, smash mouth, and that o-line of throwaways and underachievers - never any 1st rounders - jelled and became a all-time dominating line. And their bully mentality infected the whole team. Chemistry.

Carrot Top hopefully is learning that even in today's pass happy league, he who plays smash mouth wins. He who plays chuck and duck has a QB with big flashy numbers, but goes 8-8, three years straight. Let's hope he really IS learning this.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thing is, the running game was working when it was used. Only reason they finally stay with it this year was Tony's back. If they would have played smash mouth consistently in years prior, the o-lines they had would have jelled, and you might not need three 1st round draft picks for it. Might not have had the back surgery either.

Dallas in the 90s - run first, smash mouth, and that o-line of throwaways and underachievers - never any 1st rounders - jelled and became a all-time dominating line. And their bully mentality infected the whole team. Chemistry.

Carrot Top hopefully is learning that even in today's pass happy league, he who plays smash mouth wins. He who plays chuck and duck has a QB with big flashy numbers, but goes 8-8, three years straight. Let's hope he really IS learning this.

Last year they were able to run, but for some reason they refused.

Im talking more about the wasted years with Columbo and those bums. The ones who couldn't get a push. Especially in short yardage situations. The year Dallas was supposed to play in a home Super Bowl. Everyone that was honest with themselves knew that line had been terrible the year before and were a year older. Last year was much improved for the first time since back before then.

ROMOTODEZ

Spectator
Reaction score
Lynch is known to put it on the ground. Wilson though rarely takes chances. He is due an Int though. I think he has thrown one for the yr.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
This game will hinge on turnovers. We absolutely, positively cannot afford any against the world champs. Period.

Yeah. They need to have a plan to keep that little shit QB in the pocket. Hit him early too, but they don't have the pass rush for that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Last year they were able to run, but for some reason they refused.

Im talking more about the wasted years with Columbo and those bums. The ones who couldn't get a push. Especially in short yardage situations. The year Dallas was supposed to play in a home Super Bowl. Everyone that was honest with themselves knew that line had been terrible the year before and were a year older. Last year was much improved for the first time since back before then.
But you well know there hasn't been any real commitment to the run, scheme wise, in a very long time in Dallas. Even with the "old bums" we still had respectable averages per carry. They just simply, didn't want to run the ball. It wasn't sexy enough for them.

News flash - when you have short yardage and you just line up and RUN for it every time with hardly ever a play action in that situation? They're gonna stuff it. We all remember "Load Left." This is why they couldn't pick up those 3rd and short plays.

Your line is terrible long term, because you don't commit to the run and let them bully people. THEN they start to age....

Our lament about wasted years comes down to philosophy in Dallas. We now can only hope the success this year is making a impression on those who decide such things. Will the lesson soak in?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wilson though rarely takes chances.
Wilson: 20 picks and 20 fumbles, in 2 1/4 seasons. They get away with it because of that great defense.
Yeah. They need to have a plan to keep that little shit QB in the pocket. Hit him early too, but they don't have the pass rush for that.
I like our chances more if we make him try to beat us with his arm. Containment and some blanket coverage will get you the sacks.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The announcers keep raving about his vision. Even past great QB are gushing over this, ever tine he roles out and is nearly sacked. Now I could be wrong but I don't think k he sees an open receiver instead he is simply throwing the ball to the area where the LB was and is now a 3rd man trying to get to him. I think this is smart on him and the Seahawks. If the LB releases his man to go after Wilson he know he can just lob it to the area and either it's caught or incomplete. Oure guys have to stay with their assignment until Russell is committed one way or the other.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what the fuck are you tards talking about? You guys are acting like weve been able to run the ball forever, just never decided to use it....

lol, definitely NOT....last year was the ONLY year we had a halfway decent run game...every year prior to last year our rushing game has been a piece of shit...

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
from what I have noticed, and the stats could definitely prove me wrong...the best way to fluster wilson is by blitzing him...just my opinion from watching the games...no idea what the stats say

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
what the fuck are you tards talking about? You guys are acting like weve been able to run the ball forever, just never decided to use it....

lol, definitely NOT....last year was the ONLY year we had a halfway decent run game...every year prior to last year our rushing game has been a piece of shit...
I dunno what to tell you but...

2010: 1786 yds, 4.2 avg
2011: 1807 yds, 4.4 avg
2012: 1265 yds, 3.8 avg
2013: 1504 yds, 4.5 avg
2014: 800 yds, 4.9 avg (so far.)

In 12 and 13 there were much fewer attempts than in 10 and 11. Production down because carries were down.

When you are seeing these averages it means your running game is pretty darned good - IF you will actually use it. They didn't want to use it, it wasn't sexy enough for the "Air Coryell" offense they want to run.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
league wide we ranked 15th in 2010...11th in 2011..and 31st in 2012...based on YPC...
I gave you the numbers and the average ypc. It's not the most stellar running game ever but it was productive and grossly underused the last few years.

Running the ball isn't sexy. But with Romo's back issues this year it became a thang to do. Hopefully they don't abandon it like they are wont to do.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I gave you the numbers and the average ypc. It's not the most stellar running game ever but it was productive and grossly underused the last few years.

Running the ball isn't sexy. But with Romo's back issues this year it became a thang to do. Hopefully they don't abandon it like they are wont to do.

you gave me the YPC...that doesnt tell me enough...4.2 sounds pretty good...but its not...its average..better than I expected

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you gave me the YPC...that doesnt tell me enough...4.2 sounds pretty good...but its not...its average..better than I expected
Most all of us have been in general agreement that Carrot Top didn't run the ball enough in past years. That he goes away from it, abandons it, in games when it is working. Although he never gave a reason that I can remember, clearly it was not because it was ineffective.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Most all of us have been in general agreement that Carrot Top didn't run the ball enough in past years. That he goes away from it, abandons it, in games when it is working. Although he never gave a reason that I can remember, clearly it was not because it was ineffective.

yeah, absolutely...Im not arguing this...Im just saying, other than last year, we never had a running game that was any good

Top Bottom