Should Pitbulls Be Banned?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Here in my town the local newspaper reports every pitbull incident in hopes to get them banned. What’s your thoughts?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No but bad owners should be fined the hell out of.

It's not the type of dog, it's the type of owner.

I have a Rott and I hate the way everyone assumes he is a bad dog. That big dummie would lick someone to death before he'd bite anyone.

C

Cr122

No. I have five Pitbulls.

cmd nailed it though it's on the owner on how they're bringing them up.

two out of the five we have were rescued and we brought them to the local SPCA to see if they could take them in.

They immediately said they would have to euthanize them. We said no way and we decided to take them in. For a while the two had to be separated, but for the most part get along very well.

Once in a blue moon they fight when out in the yard, just their nature they are used to. It was hard to get these two to change but they eventually came around.

I'll post pictures of them and upload'em to this thread when I get home later.

C

Cr122

Actually, I have a couple in my phone. Not the best pictures of them. Here's one.
He's the male. His name is junior.
2012-03-20 19.11.36.jpg

C

Cr122

lol my wife will kill you. Hey, we bought that couch at an auction for 50 bucks what do you want from me.

It's pretty much the dogs. They aren't allowed on the sectional.

Reaction score
Reason i bring it up is because my sister has two pitbulls. They escaped last week and one was shot by a police officer. The local newspaper took a photo of her dead dog and put it on the front page. Believe that shit? http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/mar/16/ep_pit_bull_attack_031712_170669/

She has the dogs as protection because she lives next to drug dealers, who do you think called the cops when the dogs were loose? The dogs didn’t have any history of being violent towards humans. One man claimed to have been attacked, yet had no injuries that needed medical attention and did not want to be named. One dog was shot in her yard, the other was dragged out by animal control from under her garage.

I have never been a fan of pitbulls myself. They look like violent animals. I did a little more research this past week and believe they are getting a bad rap that is not justified.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Personally,I like Pits.
I've never owned one,but have several friends that do.
All good dogs.
Cmd nailed it,they're only as good as their owners.

C

Cr122

Reason i bring it up is because my sister has two pitbulls. They escaped last week and one was shot by a police officer. The local newspaper took a photo of her dead dog and put it on the front page. Believe that shit? http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/mar/16/ep_pit_bull_attack_031712_170669/

She has the dogs as protection because she lives next to drug dealers, who do you think called the cops when the dogs were loose? The dogs didn’t have any history of being violent towards humans. One man claimed to have been attacked, yet had no injuries that needed medical attention and did not want to be named. One dog was shot in her yard, the other was dragged out by animal control from under her garage.

I have never been a fan of pitbulls myself. They look like violent animals. I did a little more research this past week and believe they are getting a bad rap that is not justified.

They didn't have to kill the dog. They could of tranquilized them. They automatically assume they need to kill it because it's a Pitbull.

Total bullshit.

C

Cr122

The two we rescued were a little aggressive. I 'll admit I was worried a bit when we gathered them up.

All I used was a dog leash and some dog treats. The female especially was aggressive. She wanted to tear me a new asshole.

The wife had the cage right up behind me then I lured the dog in with the treats. The people across the street said I was crazy and to get away from them. I got both of them in eventually.

As of today you would never know these two were an aggressive type of dog and the most they do now is bark. Once in a while I will have to muzzle the female. The assholes who owned these dogs before should be shot. I was hoping they would of shown up while I was rescuing these two. We did leave a note for these losers and turned them in.

The dogs weren't fed and had no water and it was about 87 degrees out. Til this day I don't know who owned them. It just pisses me off that a human being would take a dog or dogs in this case and treat them so poorly.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, I've recently been motivated by those who rescue dogs.

I've wanted a purebred Rott since I was a kid and at age 39, owning my first house, I got one and paid a hefty price for him. Meanwhile, there are tons of dogs out there who were abandoned, abused, etc. and need a home, so I have decided that when my dog is around 3 (1 now) I want to rescue a 2-year old, good-sized dog, for a companion for him. I don't want to do the puppy thing again but still young enough to have some play in him/her.

Good shit cr122 rescuing those dogs. I'm glad to know you.

Reaction score
Yea, nice story cr!

Check out this video @ the 5:30 mark.

[video=youtube;8hKeq4qOw8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKeq4qOw8Q[/video]

Last edited:
C

Cr122

Yeah, I've recently been motivated by those who rescue dogs.

I've wanted a purebred Rott since I was a kid and at age 39, owning my first house, I got one and paid a hefty price for him. Meanwhile, there are tons of dogs out there who were abandoned, abused, etc. and need a home, so I have decided that when my dog is around 3 (1 now) I want to rescue a 2-year old, good-sized dog, for a companion for him. I don't want to do the puppy thing again but still young enough to have some play in him/her.

Good shit cr122 rescuing those dogs. I'm glad to know you.

It's an adrenaline rush to rescue dogs. We do it all the time. It's just said when there's nothing you can do about some of these dogs.

Some were beaten and abused. Broken bones, As a matter of fact our female had a crushed nose from fighting and from that picture above you wouldn't know it was broken. I'll post the picture of her when we rescued her. She was messed up and very aggressive and scared.

C

Cr122

I would of punched that fat fucker right in his face. That dog wasn't being aggressive. They went about it the wrong way.

I really hope this fucker lost his job because of that.

I hate seeing videos like that. What a fat bum.

C

Cr122

That just goes to show you how stupid people can be. Those two are fucking idiots.

Reaction score
I personally don't like the Pit Breed but I have had 2 Rotts and I know their rep is unjustified so I figure it's the same with Pits...

I'm about to buy a Mastiff shortly I would never consider a Pit... Not my style.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I personally don't like the Pit Breed but I have had 2 Rotts and I know their rep is unjustified so I figure it's the same with Pits...

I'm about to buy a Mastiff shortly I would never consider a Pit... Not my style.

You don't have the 2 English Bulldogs anymore?

Top Bottom