Should Pitbulls Be Banned?

• Total voters

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes...But we want a bigdog again (I'll have 3 dogs shortly).

We....errrrrrr I want a Mastiff, a Bull.

I have a standing offer to get a bulldog puppy for free but one, I really want to rescue a dog and two, no more puppies. I was also worried how the bulldogs would do with this AZ heat.

Reaction score
I personally don't like the Pit Breed but I have had 2 Rotts and I know their rep is unjustified so I figure it's the same with Pits...

I'm about to buy a Mastiff shortly I would never consider a Pit... Not my style.

Cool, they rank as having the strongest bites of any dog.

C

Cr122

I've been bitten several times in an attempt to rescue dogs. It's not their fault. They don't know what's going on when you're there.

They just think you are there to harm them. You can't show the dogs that you fear them or you won't have a chance. And never ever have direct eye to eye contact with them. You do that with an aggressive dog they will tear your shit up.

Reaction score
I have a standing offer to get a bulldog puppy for free but one, I really want to rescue a dog and two, no more puppies. I was also worried how the bulldogs would do with this AZ heat.

My Bullys are indoor dogs but I knew people that have kept their Bully's outdoors in Phoenix without issue. Even in the summer, they had kiddy plastic pools in the shade for some comfort.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah Rotts supposedly have jaws capable of 500 lbs of pressure and Pits are like 300 lbs. Pits can lock their jaws though. When I was a kid, my uncle's Pit locked onto one of our Dobermans. We tried a hose, poking the dog in the ribs with a broomstick, nothing worked. My uncle walked out, took the broom from my cousin, and stuck it up the Pit's ass. He let go.

Reaction score
I've been bitten several times in an attempt to rescue dogs. It's not their fault. They don't know what's going on when you're there.

They just think you are there to harm them. You can't show the dogs that you fear them or you won't have a chance. And never ever have direct eye to eye contact with them. You do that with an aggressive dog they will tear your shit up.

When I was in the Army in SoCal I saved a Pit that to this day if I was to have one it would have been him.

He showed no aggression when I called to him. So I took him home for few hours before I found a rescue. The dog had no flaws, weighted about 80 to 90lbs pure muscle, light brown eyes and a coat to match. I had a Rott at the time so I didn't really consider keeping him.

Reaction score
Yeah Rotts supposedly have jaws capable of 500 lbs of pressure and Pits are like 300 lbs. Pits can lock their jaws though. When I was a kid, my uncle's Pit locked onto one of our Dobermans. We tried a hose, poking the dog in the ribs with a broomstick, nothing worked. My uncle walked out, took the broom from my cousin, and stuck it up the Pit's ass. He let go.
lol
lol

Cythim

Reaction score
I had to dog-sit a pitbull once, she was sweat and playful but I was nervous a few times when she snapped at my dog (a terrier mix). I would personally never own one and don't trust most pitbull owners to have them around my family.

Reaction score

The lock jaw thing is actually a myth. They just have powerful jaws. Here was the youtube video i saw with the bite pressure:

[video=youtube;y-9UNEDbXAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9UNEDbXAcc[/video]

Reaction score
Yea, nice story cr!

Check out this video @ the 5:30 mark.

[video=youtube;8hKeq4qOw8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKeq4qOw8Q[/video]
That right there was bullshit. I don't care for the breed but the dog was restrained no need for that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wonder if the broomstick trick works for when the wife won't stop jawing.

buckup

Reaction score
Reason i bring it up is because my sister has two pitbulls. They escaped last week and one was shot by a police officer. The local newspaper took a photo of her dead dog and put it on the front page. Believe that shit? http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/mar/16/ep_pit_bull_attack_031712_170669/

She has the dogs as protection because she lives next to drug dealers, who do you think called the cops when the dogs were loose? The dogs didn’t have any history of being violent towards humans. One man claimed to have been attacked, yet had no injuries that needed medical attention and did not want to be named. One dog was shot in her yard, the other was dragged out by animal control from under her garage.

I have never been a fan of pitbulls myself. They look like violent animals. I did a little more research this past week and believe they are getting a bad rap that is not justified.

1. The dogs escaped your sister? What was she doing to them?

2. I think maybe your sister should move.

Reaction score
How many small children need to get mauled by pit bulls before their "bad rap" is justified?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
http://rottweiler.rescueme.org/Arizona

Most instances it would be better to euthanize the owners not the dogs.

Website above for you CMD if your looking to rescue in the future..............

Some mixed breeds scattered in but a lot of pure bred rots are always available.

Reaction score
1. The dogs escaped your sister? What was she doing to them?

2. I think maybe your sister should move.

She had them in the garage. She has a new born so can’t keep them inside as much. Yea i wouldn’t live in that neighborhood.

Top Bottom