Should Pitbulls Be Banned?

• Total voters

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x738246964/Utica-police-seek-publics-help-on-deer-attack

that just happened where I am from today, two pitbulls out roaming around killed a deer on a busy road while a schoolbus was trying to let the kids off.

I dislike the animals myself, but I blame the owners.

My biggest beef is why are the owners of these things always thugs or in a thug filled area? is it because they know they are violent animals and will attack if trained to or what?

I have never heard of one of these attacks in a better neighborhood, nor have I have ever heard of this happening with a beagle or a cocker or whatever...

Reaction score
My biggest beef is why are the owners of these things always thugs or in a thug filled area? is it because they know they are violent animals and will attack if trained to or what?

Not always, but i do think these type of dogs attract people who like to appear tougher.

I have never heard of one of these attacks in a better neighborhood, nor have I have ever heard of this happening with a beagle or a cocker or whatever...

Part of it could be the media’s bias toward pitbulls. National statistics on bites shows that other dogs do indeed bite and cause injuries. Media just doesn’t report it. Pitbulls have a high preydrive. So not surprising they would attack a deer. I think a lot of it is blown out of proportion because of fear. Spend some time on youtube and you will see a lot of stories about pitbulls saving lives. It’s not all bad.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep. Very powerful and dangerous animals. Get over whatever complex you have and get a regular dog.

Top Bottom