yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Callahan is limited by Garrett's 74 pound and under offense but Callahan's past coaching gigs has me thinking not much will change.

Garrett is in over his head and he hasn't improved.

If what I think is going to happen next year does happen, I think people will see a huge difference in Romo and the offense overall, and Garrett's shortcomings will be that much more obvious.

what do you think is going to happen? (besides more gut wrenching losses)

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
real sources my friend

other than the Denver game he has been as pedestrian as a QB this year.
His oline has been far superior than last year.

What else could it be

So why didn't it affect him in the Denver game...?

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No it's not bullshit.

For one, passing doesn't guarantee fucking anything whereas running at least forces the timeout.

Secondly, you're essentially saying that it's okay to burn the clock on 1st and 2nd down but once you are at 3rd and 12, then you have to go for a first down.

That's bullshit. If you're going to try and get a first down to seal the game, don't fucking waste 2 downs and put yourself further away by running it when you know damn well that your running game is shit.

The likelihood of converting 3rd and 12 is fucking low to begin with.

If it's 3rd and short or medium, it's entirely a different story but the success rate on long 3rd downs just doesn't justify an attempt when the possibility of an incomplete pass gives the defense a world of help.

Agreed, RHG doesn't have a clue what he wants to do: "run out the clock, no wait we should get the first down, but maybe we should ... WTF!!! Quick do that pass and flick it back play Shula won a desperate game with once in the 80's."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No corner besides Deion and Revis can just lock down a WR for a whole game. The team invested big on CB's but neglected the shit out of the Safety position. This is the end result. Not too many CB's will succeed in today's NFL without occasional Safety help.

Case in point; that huge reception to set the Lions in field goal or near range at the end there, was all on the safeties. Dude (#23) just didn't get back deep enough when Kiffin played the lazy cover 3 or 4 or whatever.

Reaction score
Fuck running the ball. Just go balls out 5 wide every play and use short passes to the Bez as your "run game"

Top Bottom