Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is ZERO positive reason to play Romo

The risk of injury is just too great. We need him healthy just in case something happens to Dak

And for those of you that STILL SAY he's NOT injury prone you are fucking idiots

He has literally broken three bones in the last five fucking plays

His broken bones are not fucking flukes! PERIOD

If he does well against a shitty Eagles team so what. He is supposed to. So it doesn't increase his trade value.

If he falters at all vs the Eagles he hurts his value

If he gets injured then no one will touch him and his career is over

This game is meaningless to us. Start Dak so he can beat Romo's record of 13 wins. Then play Sanchez

Once Dak gets his 14th win it will officially wipe the slate clean and once and for all for everyone to see wether they like it or not will have to accept that Dak in his first year was able to do what Romo never could in his ten years. Not only that he will do something that NO OTHER Cowboy QB has ever done and that includes Aikman

Romo is done, for good! Take your money and run while you still can

I would love nothing more than to see him go to the Broncos next season (who I hate), make it to the Super Bowl, have the Cowboys beat him in the SB and take away his one and only shot at "earning" a Super Bowl himself. Just like he has done with Cowboys for the last ten years

I would rather have a Romo not take a single snap all season. That way when he is presented his Super Bowl ring after we win the Super Bowl he will know that the only way he was ever able to ear a SB ring was by him NOT PLAYING

Another guy that wants to bag on the guy that carried this franchise and kept scrubs like Garrett employed. I just find this funny when guys say Romo sucks, he's done, he's fragile, Dak's the man, Dak's gonna do what Romo couldn't, etc. but then want to keep him around to save Dak's (and the team's) ass. If I'm Romo, I can't get out of Dallas soon enough.

Reaction score
Yep, completely rational, no personal agenda at all.

I want to see Romo play well and get traded for as much as possible. You know, to help the Dallas Cowboys.

I really hope Tony pile drives his wife one or two last times before heading out of town. The one-way animosity is disturbing at best...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right. Never mind the idiocy of exposing him to injury in a meaningless game. Never mind that when that injury happens we probably lose his services for future playoff games that do matter... Never mind that he might wind up paralyzed.

No. You just want your lovable loser to play again. There's NO rational or responsible reason to expose him Sunday. There's NO upside there.

You're so blinded that you can't even see the contradiction in your post. If he's a "loveable loser," then why do you even care? Let the team run with Dak and Sanchez.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen this all before. I thought RGIII had a bright future and he tanked. I thought Nick Foles was a perfect fit for Philly and put up some incredible numbers when called into service (after an injury) and he tanked. Right now, Dak has to prove to me that he can carry this team like a true franchise QB. He's got Zek, the best OL in football and he's got a D playing well above it's head. But we've seen fortunes change from year to year in this league. I'm just hoping the wave this team is riding can carry us the SB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Another guy that wants to bag on the guy that carried this franchise and kept scrubs like Garrett employed. I just find this funny when guys say Romo sucks, he's done, he's fragile, Dak's the man, Dak's gonna do what Romo couldn't, etc. but then want to keep him around to save Dak's (and the team's) ass. If I'm Romo, I can't get out of Dallas soon enough.

Romo took a team that would have been at the bottom of the league and made them mediocre. Romo is the only reason Garrett still has a job! If it wasn't for Romo making this team mediocre Garrett would have been fired long ago

He is done
He is fragile - that's not even debatable
I don't want to keep him around. But he's paid up for the season so we keep him as the back up for the playoffs.

We aren't keeping him to save Dak's ass. He is incapable of doing so

If Dak gets injured he would hopefully save the playoff run If he can make it an entire game without breaking another bone. His recent history over the last two years has proven that he can not. Playing him on Sunday and risking him being knocked out for the playoffs is just plain stupid. Romo is a ticking time bomb with a limited number of plays left on his career. Those limited plays should not be wasted on a meaningless game and should be saved in case he is needed for the playoffs

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romo took a team that would have been at the bottom of the league and made them mediocre. Romo is the only reason Garrett still has a job! If it wasn't for Romo making this team mediocre Garrett would have been fired long ago

He is done
He is fragile - that's not even debatable
I don't want to keep him around. But he's paid up for the season so we keep him as the back up for the playoffs.

We aren't keeping him to save Dak's ass. He is incapable of doing so

If Dak gets injured he would hopefully save the playoff run If he can make it an entire game without breaking another bone. His recent history over the last two years has proven that he can not. Playing him on Sunday and risking him being knocked out for the playoffs is just plain stupid. Romo is a ticking time bomb with a limited number of plays left on his career. Those limited plays should not be wasted on a meaningless game and should be saved in case he is needed for the playoffs

So I'm guessing that you believe Sanchez should be the back-up for the playoffs?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've seen this all before. I thought RGIII had a bright future and he tanked. I thought Nick Foles was a perfect fit for Philly and put up some incredible numbers when called into service (after an injury) and he tanked. Right now, Dak has to prove to me that he can carry this team like a true franchise QB. He's got Zek, the best OL in football and he's got a D playing well above it's head. But we've seen fortunes change from year to year in this league. I'm just hoping the wave this team is riding can carry us the SB.

I'm scared he's gonna turn back into an RG3 like pumpkin too but even my cynical ass think that percentage is pretty low. I think this kid is the real deal and if he is, I think the Cowboys are gonna have a 10+ year run of highly competitive football and maybe a Super Bowl or 2+, MAYBE even this year

Downside for all the Garret haters is he'll probably be along for the ride

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

RGIII couldn't (and by all accounts still can't) read defenses. Dak has already proven he can at least do that. Chip Kelly also torpedoed Nick Foles career. As bad as most everyone here feels Garrett is as a HC, Chip Kelly is a million times worse. Will Dak ever lead this team to a SB win? I have no fucking idea, he's on the right path though. He also has the support of the entire team, including Romo's bff. That alone is something Tony never had (support from the entire team).

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm scared he's gonna turn back into an RG3 like pumpkin too but even my cynical ass think that percentage is pretty low. I think this kid is the real deal and if he is, I think the Cowboys are gonna have a 10+ year run of highly competitive football and maybe a Super Bowl or 2+, MAYBE even this year

Downside for all the Garret haters is he'll probably be along for the ride

Garrett will most likely win COY this year and before all is said and done will be the longest tenured coach in the NFL.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that you believe Sanchez should be the back-up for the playoffs?

Hell no
Romo needs to be the back up. And if he goes down we are screwed. Just like we would be if any back up went down in the playoffs

We would just have to keep our fingers crossed that he could make it a few games before breaking his next bone

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're so blinded that you can't even see the contradiction in your post. If he's a "loveable loser," then why do you even care? Let the team run with Dak and Sanchez.
There's no contradiction, as I explained in the other thread where you posted this. Even injury prone and immobile as Romo is, he's still a better choice for playoff backup duty, than butt-fumble Sanchez. Butt-fumble is who you play today vs. Philadelphia, NOT Romo. You're fucking stupid to play Tony today. Stupid and irresponsible.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
RGIII couldn't (and by all accounts still can't) read defenses. Dak has already proven he can at least do that. Chip Kelly also torpedoed Nick Foles career. As bad as most everyone here feels Garrett is as a HC, Chip Kelly is a million times worse. Will Dak ever lead this team to a SB win? I have no fucking idea, he's on the right path though.

As evident by the audibles he makes at the LOS. Of late that has been the main thing people have gushed about Dak over. Gruden himself stated how he threw everything at Dak, and Dak wasn't fazed by it.

He also has the support of the entire team, including Romo's bff. That alone is something Tony never had (support from the entire team).

Nope. Nobody badmouth Romo, until after they left the team. But you can tell that the entire team has fallen in line behind Dak.

Top Bottom