Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no upside to playing tony

The few amount of snaps he's going to get ain't knocking no rust off of a damn thing

So let's take the best possible scenario

He lights it up vs a shitty 6-9 Eagles team with nothing to play for

So fucking what, it still does nothing to increase his trade value

There is no actual upside except to Jerry to create extra media attention

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
3qpacz.jpg

Hahaha that's hilarious

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Best case scenario Romo takes a big hit early but gets back up and plays well. That actually would increase his trade value.

The really doesn't matter though because this move with Romo tells me they plan to release him (post June more then likely). Him playing has more chances of not helping than it does helping them. If they want to take the cap relief I don't really have a problem as long as they plan on using the money in FA. If they can go out and find them an Olivier Vernon that would be great.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Again, your wife is only human. She made a mistake. Romo is a famous guy. It doesn't matter that she made the same mistake over and over and over again. Tony didn't cheat on you, she did..but it's time to let it go.
It's okay with me for you to invent a false narrative to support another false narrative. At the core of it, is your false narrative that I not only hate Romo, but that I also have no rational reason for hating Romo. Both are false - I don't hate him but I do have very good and rational reasons for being very glad he will soon be gone.

You on the other hand can't let go, can't stop lamenting that your fantasy fuck boy lost his fucking job after ten years of not being able to get that job done. Seek counseling, I hear there's a entire subculture of Romosexuals who are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There is no actual upside except to Jerry to create extra media attention
Annnnnd the fucking little Romosexuals out here get to see the happy go lucky chuckling butt slapping grinning Romo, the "what me worry kid" of football, the "that's okay we'll get 'em next time" wayfarer, their abject failure of a hero, play once again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And what risk is it to the team if Romo gets hurt?
Not having him for the playoffs. That's what. That's why it is toweringly stupid and irresponsible to have him out there in any capacity whatsoever, against Philadelphia - a game that matters not at all unless we MAKE it matter by doing something this stupid.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
FRISCO (105.3 THE FAN) – Very quickly, the Dallas Cowboys QB question for Week 17 will go from being a “who” to being a “why.” Sources tell 105.3 The Fan that Tony Romo is petitioning Cowboys management to get him some snaps in the otherwise meaningless Sunday visit to Philadelphia, which fits ESPN’s story that the erstwhile star may be one of three quarterbacks who plays against the Eagles.

With the team having clinched a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, there is reason to not expose rookie starter Dak Prescott to many snaps. And Dallas’ plan all week — what we’ve called “The Rainy-Day Romo Plan” — has been in place in regard to how the team practiced Wednesday at Thursday: Romo got his work, but not necessarily ahead of Mark Sanchez, the ideal “mop-up” guy here.

But if Romo thinks he needs to play? If he’s persuaded owner Jerry Jones of it? If offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is noting that there are some benefits to it, in theory, as he did Thursday? The idea becomes a “viable” one — but not necessarily, a “good” one, because in addition to the “who” and the “why,” there is a “what.”

Left tackle Tyron Smith and left guard Ron Leary are ailing. Having them healthy for the playoffs two weeks from now is infinitely more important than forcing players in their physical states to endure the Philly game. If they sit (Tyron will, Leary probably won’t), the starting tackle is Emmett Cleary and a helper at guard might be Ryan Seymour, a practice-squadder who isn’t even on the roster yet, but likely will be by Sunday.

There is no right or wrong answer here, because the circumstances are unprecedented. But there are questions about the “who” and about the “why.”

The Who & Why Of Cowboys Playing Romo In Philly « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is ZERO positive reason to play Romo

The risk of injury is just too great. We need him healthy just in case something happens to Dak

And for those of you that STILL SAY he's NOT injury prone you are fucking idiots

He has literally broken three bones in the last five fucking plays

His broken bones are not fucking flukes! PERIOD

If he does well against a shitty Eagles team so what. He is supposed to. So it doesn't increase his trade value.

If he falters at all vs the Eagles he hurts his value

If he gets injured then no one will touch him and his career is over

This game is meaningless to us. Start Dak so he can beat Romo's record of 13 wins. Then play Sanchez

Once Dak gets his 14th win it will officially wipe the slate clean and once and for all for everyone to see wether they like it or not will have to accept that Dak in his first year was able to do what Romo never could in his ten years. Not only that he will do something that NO OTHER Cowboy QB has ever done and that includes Aikman

Romo is done, for good! Take your money and run while you still can

I would love nothing more than to see him go to the Broncos next season (who I hate), make it to the Super Bowl, have the Cowboys beat him in the SB and take away his one and only shot at "earning" a Super Bowl himself. Just like he has done with Cowboys for the last ten years

I would rather have a Romo not take a single snap all season. That way when he is presented his Super Bowl ring after we win the Super Bowl he will know that the only way he was ever able to ear a SB ring was by him NOT PLAYING

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Annnnnd the fucking little Romosexuals out here get to see the happy go lucky chuckling butt slapping grinning Romo, the "what me worry kid" of football, the "that's okay we'll get 'em next time" wayfarer, their abject failure of a hero, play once again.

Yep, completely rational, no personal agenda at all.

I want to see Romo play well and get traded for as much as possible. You know, to help the Dallas Cowboys.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I want to see Romo play well and get traded for as much as possible. You know, to help the Dallas Cowboys.

That's the problem, "if" he plays well it won't help his trade value. He Is playing a shitty Eagles team with a losing record with nothing to play for. He is expected to play well.

The only thing that would help his value is if he took a monster sack and bounced right back up. That would do more to help his value than any kind of performance he could put on

And with his injury history in the last two years total (5 games to be exact) him bouncing right back up is not likely

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Right. Never mind the idiocy of exposing him to injury in a meaningless game. Never mind that when that injury happens we probably lose his services for future playoff games that do matter... Never mind that he might wind up paralyzed.

No. You just want your lovable loser to play again. There's NO rational or responsible reason to expose him Sunday. There's NO upside there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I kinda just did.

Only in your mind.

There's no question at all Romo's been a Yuk yuk guy. Never really took any of this nearly as seriously as Dak does. The 'what me worry kid' of football, always managing to fucking lose the big game somehow but also somehow through no fault of his own. Never had any respect for the ball and by all evidence, for the game. Just the small school kid who made good and had fun and was entertaining. As I have always said, Tony's done very well for himself.

For himself.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone have the info on how much Romo made while not playing this season?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
FRISCO (105.3 THE FAN) – Very quickly, the Dallas Cowboys QB question for Week 17 will go from being a “who” to being a “why.” Sources tell 105.3 The Fan that Tony Romo is petitioning Cowboys management to get him some snaps in the otherwise meaningless Sunday visit to Philadelphia, which fits ESPN’s story that the erstwhile star may be one of three quarterbacks who plays against the Eagles.

With the team having clinched a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, there is reason to not expose rookie starter Dak Prescott to many snaps. And Dallas’ plan all week — what we’ve called “The Rainy-Day Romo Plan” — has been in place in regard to how the team practiced Wednesday at Thursday: Romo got his work, but not necessarily ahead of Mark Sanchez, the ideal “mop-up” guy here.

But if Romo thinks he needs to play? If he’s persuaded owner Jerry Jones of it? If offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is noting that there are some benefits to it, in theory, as he did Thursday? The idea becomes a “viable” one — but not necessarily, a “good” one, because in addition to the “who” and the “why,” there is a “what.”

Left tackle Tyron Smith and left guard Ron Leary are ailing. Having them healthy for the playoffs two weeks from now is infinitely more important than forcing players in their physical states to endure the Philly game. If they sit (Tyron will, Leary probably won’t), the starting tackle is Emmett Cleary and a helper at guard might be Ryan Seymour, a practice-squadder who isn’t even on the roster yet, but likely will be by Sunday.

There is no right or wrong answer here, because the circumstances are unprecedented. But there are questions about the “who” and about the “why.”

The Who & Why Of Cowboys Playing Romo In Philly « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Exclusive, exclusive!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not having him for the playoffs. That's what. That's why it is toweringly stupid and irresponsible to have him out there in any capacity whatsoever, against Philadelphia - a game that matters not at all unless we MAKE it matter by doing something this stupid.

Protecting a back-up QB is stupid. And I find it funny people like you want to bag on the guy as being over the hill but then know the team would still function should he get called into service during the playoffs. If you're going to spout your dislike for the guy, then stay consistent. I mean, if the guy is as washed up as you say he is, then who cares if he gets hurt?

Top Bottom