yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My fandon started dying watching this team flounder year in year out, yet Garrett get a free pass continuously.

It should have floundered when jeri became large and in charge because he's the problem and the guy that hired the coach you hate

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dont see it. It has to be somebody Jerry is comfortable with meaning spineless and weak. No control over personnel, his staff or much of anything else. I really dont see a Harbaugh or Belichek type wanting anything to do with this. Just another version of Garret or Campo.

yep, rinse and repeat until death do us part

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
So Garrett gets a free pass with a built in excuse before the season even starts. Has there ever been a sorryier head coach with better luck than this guy?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Romo retired after the year, he would count $19.6M against the cap, which is actually $5.1M cheaper than what his cap hit in 2017 will be ($24.7M) if he played. If they designate him a June 1st cut next year, they'd free up $14M in cap room in 2017 (after June 1st though), with a dead money hit of $10.7M in 2017 and $8.9M in 2018.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think if Prescott struggles and the defense plays like shit, Garrett won't survive. I know we all fear his cockroach-like resiliency, but Jerry won't go into the Hall of Fame on 2 straight disastrous years and no positive news to make the Cowboys appear relevant.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be appropriate?

Having two straight 4-12 seasons as he makes the HOF. LOL

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what to think. I think I'll wait for Dr. Fuzzy's prognosis before I form my opinion.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Did Garrett really say that? Reports are 6-10 weeks. One source I heard on 103.3 said at least half the year.

Eff me. Feel terrible for Tony. But there's Jason's excuse for the next few years.

I'm not sure there are any excuses left for Jason. I don't get that feeling with Stephen anyways. With Jerry, who knows.

Reaction score
Jerry and Romo have both been claiming 4-5 more years. I thought maybe Romo had 4-5 more games. Turns out he didn't even have 4-5 more plays.

Reaction score
Tony Romo to Jerry Jones: "Look, this is not something that is a long term issue for me. It’s not like it’s age or wear and tear.’’

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Romo you stupid MF'er.

Reaction score
It wasn't even a hard hit according to some guys here. A normal person would have laughed and been like wtf did someone just fart on my back?

The hit was nothing at all. I stand by that even more every time I watch the clip. Romo is just brittle now. He's snapped bones in three of his last four starts. The problem you have is with Romo's body being worn out, not with my opinion on how rough the hit was.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Garrett gets a free pass with a built in excuse before the season even starts. Has there ever been a sorryier head coach with better luck than this guy?

Garrett is in another no lose situation. If the team doesn't win, it's because their QB went down. If the team does win with Dak, Garrett's a genius and we're stuck with him for Lord knows how many years.

Romo's injury is the best thing that could have happened to Garrett.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I dont see it. It has to be somebody Jerry is comfortable with meaning spineless and weak. No control over personnel, his staff or much of anything else. I really dont see a Harbaugh or Belichek type wanting anything to do with this. Just another version of Garret or Campo.

Yea but if I'm Stephen the the second Jerry is gone I'm on the phone with Harbaugh.

Reaction score
Tony Romo in back brace, but Jason Garrett still refuses to rule him out of Cowboys opener

8/28/2016 12:58:08 PM

Jason Garrett refuses to rule Tony Romo out for the opener, but the Cowboys head coach does acknowledge that the quarterback is currently in a back brace, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Romo has suffered an L1 compression fracture, sources said, and is expected to be out anywhere from six to 10 weeks. Owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones have both said that rookie Dak Prescott will open the regular season as the starter.

But Garrett sticks to his public stance that they will take Romo's situation day by day like they do every other player.

"He just going to start getting into rehab and part of his rehab is he's going to be wearing a back brace for now,'' Garrett said Sunday morning. "So you'll see him around wearing that.

"Again we'll take his situation day by day like we do with every guy on our team and every injury that we have. He'll do the things that he's capable of doing and won't do the things he's not capable of doing and hopefully he'll progress every day.''

Garrett said he's been presented with a lot of different timetables of when Romo could return but declined to offer specifics.

"There is no reason for me to stand up here and put a timetable on this,'' Garrett said. "A lot of other people outside this building have suggested they know what the timetable is. That's not the world we live in.''

The world the Cowboys do live in at the moment, regardless of what Garrett says publicly, is that the team will go into the season with a rookie quarterback. Can Garrett at least concede that the injury to Romo is deflating?
-------------

Want to know why this is?

It's because Jerry isn't allowing Jason to say Romo is out week one.

Cowboys open against the Giants in that monstrosity of a stadium week one. And tickets are still available.

Declaring Romo out, takes wind out of the Cowboys sail, even though Dak has lit it up.

Garrett is a puppet.

Reaction score
Garrett has done this same thing with all new injuries since the beginning of his tenure here. He doesn't rule people out until he has to.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think it might be even dumber than that.

I think he believes in miracles.

Top Bottom