Reaction score
Romo's career was squandered. Not just by Garrett, though. Gotta give the future Hall of Famer Jerry plenty of credit too.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Romo's career was squandered. Not just by Garrett, though. Gotta give the future Hall of Famer Jerry plenty of credit too.

Exactly, we wasted the ENTIRE career of a truly amazing QB with piss poor coaches. This is truly mind boggling. Only Jerry and his ego could manage that

Reaction score
Romo will give it one more go this season, but he won't last long. He'll be forced to retire after the season.

Thus marks the end of my Cowboys fandom. Until something changes with the front office, I'm done. Can't continue to support this buffoonery by the owner/GM and head coach. At some point you have to say no mas.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo will give it one more go this season, but he won't last long. He'll be forced to retire after the season.

Thus marks the end of my Cowboys fandom. Until something changes with the front office, I'm done. Can't continue to support this buffoonery by the owner/GM and head coach. At some point you have to say no mas.

If only millions of jersey buying kool aid drinkers felt the same.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is starting to have that Troy Aikman multiple concussion type feel at the end of his career.

Anyone know how a Romo retirement effects his contract and our salary cap?

Does it being medical in nature change anything?

Nope, they've got 31 million in dead cap to burn if he's done (assuming a june 17' cut)

Reaction score
If only millions of jersey buying kool aid drinkers felt the same.

Yeah, I wish they did... But in 30 years when he's finally dead, there won't be any people left who remember the last Super Bowl, and the franchise will be the Cleveland Browns. It will happen... And when I'm 70, I'll be happily supporting a team who give a shit about winning.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
you'll come crawling back when Tony's inducted into the ROH

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they did... But in 30 years when he's finally dead, there won't be any people left who remember the last Super Bowl, and the franchise will be the Cleveland Browns. It will happen... And when I'm 70, I'll be happily supporting a team who give a shit about winning.

I wish i could join you but my heart is trapped with the Cowboys.

Seattle has the stadium, owner, gm, coach and some great players so you picked a good one

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not a Cowboys fan anymore either. Won't be again until Garrett is fired.

And you think somebody like Art Briles will be a huge step in the right direction, because that is about what you will get. Change needs to be way higher than that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, please, Dooms, change the name of the site to CornerBar.com or some shit so we have an excuse to stay in touch with eachother.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, please, Dooms, change the name of the site to CornerBar.com or some shit so we have an excuse to stay in touch with eachother.
LOL

I already have "redneckclubhouse.com"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not a Cowboys fan anymore either. Won't be again until Garrett is fired.

and then you'll get sucked in for a few years and then you'll post:

I'm not a Cowboys fan anymore either. Won't be again until ___________(insert new coaches name here) is fired.

Reaction score
And you think somebody like Art Briles will be a huge step in the right direction, because that is about what you will get. Change needs to be way higher than that.

Well, it might be different now that we've pissed away Romo's career, but I definitely think any coach with an ounce of ability could've coached the roster we've had from 2007 to maybe 2014 to a consistent playoff contender and at least a conference championship.

My belief is that the NFL is a QB driven league, and that coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport. We had the quarterback. We've not had the coaching. And we've seen multiple games squandered in a lot of those seasons which ultimately led to us missing the playoffs. Garrett has always lacked in basic coaching fundamentals, and its shown through.

So to answer your question... I do think Art Briles would've made a difference. Garrett is non-goofy looking Campo. Garrett at least looks the part. That's about it though.

Reaction score
and then you'll get sucked in for a few years and then you'll post:

Naw... I was a die hard from Jimmy to around 2012. But our bad coaches during those years all got axed after a few seasons.

My fandon started dying watching this team flounder year in year out, yet Garrett get a free pass continuously.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, it might be different now that we've pissed away Romo's career, but I definitely think any coach with an ounce of ability could've coached the roster we've had from 2007 to maybe 2014 to a consistent playoff contender and at least a conference championship.

My belief is that the NFL is a QB driven league, and that coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport. We had the quarterback. We've not had the coaching. And we've seen multiple games squandered in a lot of those seasons which ultimately led to us missing the playoffs. Garrett has always lacked in basic coaching fundamentals, and its shown through.

So to answer your question... I do think Art Briles would've made a difference. Garrett is non-goofy looking Campo. Garrett at least looks the part. That's about it though.

I dont see it. It has to be somebody Jerry is comfortable with meaning spineless and weak. No control over personnel, his staff or much of anything else. I really dont see a Harbaugh or Belichek type wanting anything to do with this. Just another version of Garret or Campo.

Reaction score
You don't need to be a Harbaugh or Belichek. Just be a coach with enough common sense to not ice your own kicker, or to know to run the ball when up double digits late in the game, or basic clock management etc....

Top Bottom