Reaction score
It's sad to see Romo's career waster under Garrett

That's the part that gets me. A coach who wanted to win rather than be Romos buddy and football camp director would have taken the Cowboys into the playoffs at least 3 other times other than 2014. Even last year there were 5 games where Dallas just needed 1 solid TD drive at some point during the game to win the game. Any coach in any sport would have found a way. It's about producing results at crucial times.

Reaction score
I got into a lot of arguments with fans on this site who scoffed at me suggesting Romo wouldn't last. Not saying that's an original thought, but a number of you's guys argued that he'd be fine.

If I gave two shits I'd run a search and throw it in your faces. Instead I'll take the high road.

PS - :lol :lol :lol at Jerry for saying Romo was fine almost immediately after the game. That's your GM right there. Fucking schmuck.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
PS - at Jerry for saying Romo was fine almost immediately after the game. That's your GM right there. Fucking schmuck.

yep, they always lie about or grossly underestimate injuries. fucking sick of it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Didn't Garrett say he might still be available for week 1?

Reaction score
yep, they always lie about or grossly underestimate injuries. fucking sick of it.

It isn't that Jerry is lying. It's that he wants to be looked upon as a knowledgeable guy and be liked. So he wants the media guys to think he's breaking the story, or something.

I don't know if I'm explaining it right.... but I'll say there was a story in one of the early 90's Cowboys books about how a lineman got injured in training camp. Jerry went up to the media guys almost immediately - while the guy was still laying on the turf - and told it was some injury. Come to find out, it was something totally different. But it was so important for Jerry to be the guy that went to the media and make it sound like he's giving them the scoop.

I think its more of that than Jerry outright lying.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually now Jerry will confirm in his next interview that Romo is out for a while, and the homer idiots will trash him for "undermining" his brilliant head coach who was planning on the Giants wasting preparation time on Tony even though the entire free world knows his back is broken and there's no way in hell he's playing.

Reaction score
I bet if Garrett had stared at Romo and clapped during the MRI, that the results would've been different.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is why I despise the front office. They assured us that it was minor and that no MRI would be necessary. When they're not blatantly lying to our faces, they're practicing gross incompetence.

right there with ya chief, I cannot comprehend why they have to continually insult everyone's intelligence with their steady stream of bullshit

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
92f30ac00b43461d0fcba8e9da7a5427.jpg

I'll just leave this little gem right here in response

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's sad to see Romo's career waster under Garrett

That's the real shame.

This is exactly why some of us were so pissed at those 8-8 years. Franchise QBs are the most precious commodity in the NFL by far. You can't waste years of their career because your idiot coach doesn't know how to manage a game, call time outs, not freeze his own kicker, properly use his personnel, etc. and continually crow about "building for the long term" and "we'll get 'em next year." Before long there won't be a next year.

Yet the zoner types were happy to scream, "But Jason did an amazing job getting them to 8-8!!!" Right. With Romo, Witten, Dez, Demarco, Tyron, Ware, Spencer, Lee, etc., the best we could possibly hope for was .500.

Idiots. Absolute idiots.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got into a lot of arguments with fans on this site who scoffed at me suggesting Romo wouldn't last. Not saying that's an original thought, but a number of you's guys argued that he'd be fine.

If I gave two shits I'd run a search and throw it in your faces. Instead I'll take the high road.

PS - :lol :lol :lol at Jerry for saying Romo was fine almost immediately after the game. That's your GM right there. Fucking schmuck.

lol at the half ass, in your face, high road

I love this place

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I for one hope Romo listens to his wife and retires!

Even if he is back in 10 games (or less) and in time for the "possible" playoffs he will play like shit. Just like last season when he did the same exact thing. Then broke the same bone a second time.

This has the makings of 2015 all over again!!!!

Listen to your body Romo! It's telling you that it can no longer handle the rigors of the NFL.

3 broken bones in the last 5 games. Come on now, who the fuck does that?

What more of a sign do you need that it's time to hang up the cleats?

Romo is not unlucky, Romo didn't take a magical hit that would have injured any QB, not this time, not the first time he broke his collarbone last season, and not the second time he broke his collarbone last season.

His body simply can not take the type of punishment that the QB position in the NFL requires! There is no shame in that. It is what it is. Remember this, all these injuries and broken bones are coming behind what it rated as the "best" Pass/Run blocking O-Line in the NFL.

Everyone needs to start wrapping your mind around having another shitty season! Yes Dak looks great. He is however a rookie and that will show at some point. Probably sooner rather than later. Dak is not going to take us to a Super Bowl when a healthy Tony Romo never could. He may get us there someday. However, it will not be this season!

Prepare yourself for the suck gentleman. At least it "shouldn't" be as shitty as last season! But be fully prepared for it to! Remember we are 1-15 without Romo!!

Last edited:

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
That's the real shame.

This is exactly why some of us were so pissed at those 8-8 years. Franchise QBs are the most precious commodity in the NFL by far. You can't waste years of their career because your idiot coach doesn't know how to manage a game, call time outs, not freeze his own kicker, properly use his personnel, etc. and continually crow about "building for the long term" and "we'll get 'em next year." Before long there won't be a next year.

Yet the zoner types were happy to scream, "But Jason did an amazing job getting them to 8-8!!!" Right. With Romo, Witten, Dez, Demarco, Tyron, Ware, Spencer, Lee, etc., the best we could possibly hope for was .500.

Idiots. Absolute idiots.

Excellent post!!!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is starting to have that Troy Aikman multiple concussion type feel at the end of his career.

Anyone know how a Romo retirement effects his contract and our salary cap?

Does it being medical in nature change anything?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
but isn't it fair to say that he's more susceptible to this type of injury compared to other younger, sturdier QBs?

I would have to say yes. He probably can't do a lot of things that most guys can do in the gym to strengthen his back appropriately.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is starting to have that Troy Aikman multiple concussion type feel at the end of his career.

Anyone know how a Romo retirement effects his contract and our salary cap?

Does it being medical in nature change anything?

I believe it kills our cap next seasons if he retires. Actually I think it kills our cap even if he plays. I don't think there is much different if he plays or retires. Either way it's bad.

On the bright side they are pretty set on offense and if Dak has a good year they can go into the next draft focused on drafting the best defensive player.

Top Bottom