Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good. Let's hope for another season like last. Maybe, just maybe then Garrett will be shown the door.

Jerry could walk in on Garret bending Stephen over his desk and not loose his job!

We are stuck with him till Jerry dies

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Perhaps then you should take into account that his numbers in his first 50 games is 3rd all time among WRs, behind Jerry Rice and Rnady Moss. Since you want to play the stat game.

We shall see how the rest of his career pans out and compares to the greats over time

Remember that he will be loosing Romo to throw to him in a year or two and will be delegated to QB hell for at least a decade. So his production is likely to take a very steep drop off once Romo is gone

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The division winning Redskins got better today.

Sure, the price they paid was high, and in a few years they may regret it, but as a football team, their roster got significantly better.

We did not get better this off-season. Once again, our top strategy is "hope." We have to hope Romo can be healthy....hope Dez is healthy....and hope we nail the draft, despite any evidence that we have the ability to actually do that.

The Giants got better this off-season as well and they also finished ahead of us.

The Eagles took a big step towards rebuilding.

We stood pat for the most part.

Over the last 20 years I agree that Jerry has made some really stupid decision. I'm not sure yet that putting his son in charges of the finances is one of them. As of right now though I have to say that I am completely behind Stephen in not shelling out huge dollars for others teams free agents. Especially an aging CB.

I personally wanted the Cowboys to sign Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller when FA started but I didn't not (and do not) think either are worth the contracts they got. Especially if it would hinder signing our own free agents like Frederick and Martin. Look at the team's that have been the most successful over the last 20 years. How many won big when spending big in free agency? Patriots, nope. Packers, nope. Seahawks, nope. Steelers, nope. The Broncos did spend but that's one team, I'll go with the majority on this. Draft well, and don't chase others teams cast off's. The Cowboys have finally gotten one of those things right. The jury is still out on Stephen and McClay's ability to draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think that will happen, but I think not having the Carolina scheme will make him mortal. He was a perfect fit there.

Why couldn't it? Asomooga was more highly regarded than Norman then too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why couldn't it? Asomooga was more highly regarded than Norman then too.

Not to mention Philly even had a decent pass rush then too and he still ended up sucking. If Washington wants the same player Norman was in Carolina they better run the exact same system and put some elite LB's and get an elite DL. Oh and they better do it quick because the guy will be 29 years old this year. If they don't do that within 3 years then hello Brandon Carr.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We shall see how the rest of his career pans out and compares to the greats over time

Sure we will. But that is irrelevant to the discussion at this moment.

Remember that he will be loosing Romo to throw to him in a year or two and will be delegated to QB hell for at least a decade. So his production is likely to take a very steep drop off once Romo is gone

I think you mean relegated. And where do you get a decade? Seriously?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

You are correct, I meant regulated. Siri got ahold of that one.

As for the decade I speak of that we will have to suffer thru with shitty QB play I was actually being generous. Look how long we went without a decent QB after Aikman. We will go thru a long search for Romo's replacement when he gets knocked out of the game for good this season or next. History tells us that much and Jerry's lack of urgency in finding the aging and often injured Romo's replacement proves it

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Jerry prefers to go cheap and running through retreads like crazy instead of doing your research and spending a premium pick on a top QB. We will be sitting here in 2026 before they luck into another QB like they did with Romo.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are correct, I meant regulated. Siri got ahold of that one.

As for the decade I speak of that we will have to suffer thru with shitty WB play I was actually being generous. Look how long we went without a decent QB after Aikman. We will go thru a long search for Romo's replacement when he gets knocked out of the game for good this season or next. History tells us that much and Jerry's lack of urgency in finding the aging and often injured Romo's replacement proves it

You cannot go by history. Show us a time in history that the Cowboys had an UFDA of Romo's caliber? Also... that was a younger Jerry as oppose to an older one, that has ceded much control to Stephen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You cannot go by history. Show us a time in history that the Cowboys had an UFDA of Romo's caliber? Also... that was a younger Jerry as oppose to an older one, that has ceded much control to Stephen.

Wtf do you mean you can't go by history? That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard!

History shows us patterns, namely patterns of behavior to be exact.

Romo has shown us throughout the history of his career that he is injury prone and can't complete an entire 16 game season without missing at least one game.
Tony Romo injury history and analysis
Player Profile

Player Overview
Romo is not getting any younger but showed his grit playing through back injury in 2014. The herniated disc he suffered is not something that usually causes players to miss games. He therefore heads into 2015 with little risk of missing games due to injury.

RIFLMFAO!!!!!!!
This was obviously written before the 2015 season

Full Injury History
SEASONLEAGUEINJURYANALYSIS
2015NFLUpperarmRomo was sacked hard and fractured his collarbone on his non throwing shoulder. He was placed on IR/Return and returned in week 10
2014NFLBackRomo fractured the transverse process in his back in 2 places on Monday Night Football in week 8. He missed the following week but returned in week 10
2013NFLbackIn week 16 Romo spun free from the pocket in the fourth quarter Sunday and herniated the disc in his back. The injury was season ending (he somehow managed to complete the game) and he needed surgery to repair the disc
2011NFLHandRomo suffered a severely bruised hand and left the game
2010NFLShoulderTony Romo sprained his shoulder and missed the remaining 10 games of the season
2008NFLHandSprained finger on his right hand and missed the next 2 games this season.
Copyright 2013 Sports Injury Predictor. All Rights Reserved.

History has taught us that Romo is injury prone and unable to complete 16 games in a season except for twice in his entire career

History has also shown us Jerry Jones pattern of behavior when it comes to the QB position. Which is to not address it until you have no choice. To not search for your franchise QB's replacement while he is still playing

We as human beings have used history to predict future behavior for many centuries

1d240676cca62aca38c5dc29bdad02b2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The injury risk behavior needs a qualifier. Romo has only had two offenses. He was never injured in the ErhardtPerkins offense that Parcells had but has been pounded in the Coryell offense that Jason mandates. It is an offense that by design requires a strong running game or "it will require the offensive line to hold blocks much longer until WRs get open". Then there are 31 teams who have figured out that blitzing will force bad plays while WRs try to get open.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wtf do you mean you can't go by history? That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard!

History shows us patterns, namely patterns of behavior to be exact.

So we're going to have another Romo then? Another UFDA QB that is going to come in and do like Romo, right? Because we're talking about history. And f that's the vase, as I asked you... where and who was the UFDA QB for the Cowboys before Romo, that had the same amount of success?

No need to draft a QB. Just wait 10 years and go after a UFDA QB. History suggests as much? That should be our draft strategy.

That's idiotic.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So we're going to have another Romo then? Another UFDA QB that is going to come in and do like Romo, right? Because we're talking about history. And f that's the vase, as I asked you... where and who was the UFDA QB for the Cowboys before Romo, that had the same amount of success?

No need to draft a QB. Just wait 10 years and go after a UFDA QB. History suggests as much? That should be our draft strategy.

That's idiotic.

Thank you for making my point for me

The way that Jerry and company go about securing a Franchise QB is idiotic. You are correct! I'm not saying that is what we should do or that it's the correct thing to do. Quite the opposite!

I'm not saying history will mean that we find another Romo. What I'm talking about is Jerry's past behavior is a predictor of his future behavior. And that should scare the shit out of every Cowboy fan especially when it comes to how they go about securing a franchise QB. Jerry got lucky with Romo. But look at every other failed QB experiment that Jerry has secured for this organization and how he has gone about replacing the franchise QB since Aikman retired. It's been a complete failure every time besides getting lucky with Romo. And I'm sure in Jerry's mind he thinks he can and will find the next Romo out of thin air. Instead of investing his highest draft pick in 20 plus years in the next franchise QB right now to get him in place for when Romo gets knocked out of the game either this year or next he is going to wait until Romo is gone to do something about it. Just like he did after Troy left

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thank you for making my point for me

The way that Jerry and company go about securing a Franchise QB is idiotic. You are correct! I'm not saying that is what we should do or that it's the correct thing to do. Quite the opposite!

You had no point to begin with and you still don't. BTW, acquiring Romo was no draft strategy, and Jerry had nothing to do with it. That was all Parcells and Payton.

I'm not saying history will mean that we find another Romo. What I'm talking about is Jerry's past behavior is a predictor of his future behavior. And that should scare the shit out of every Cowboy fan especially when it comes to how they go about securing a franchise QB. Jerry got lucky with Romo.

No it's not. Jerry is unpredictable. If going by past behavior, we woluldn't have Tyron Smith. How many of the talking heads stated that it was impossible that Jerry would draft an OL in the 1st roound, because he never did it before? And what happened? In fact, we ended up drafting 3 OL in the 1st round within 5 years.

YOU. JUST. DON'T KNOW. So much for fucking history.

Top Bottom