MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sure.

As it is now, he will get a base salary of $20.5M in 2019 and count $23.7M against the cap. He'll get paid that $20.5M salary.

You restructure him and extend him one year.

Restructure bonus of $10M and a base salary of $5M, immediately frees up $10.5M in cap room. You push $5M of the $10M restructure bonus and a mythical base salary of whatever you want into 2020 because Romo isn't playing. You take a dead money hit of $5M in 2020, which is worth it because you freed up more than $10M the previous year which some of will go to Martin's extension.

Again, this is going on the ridiculous notion that Romo at age 39 is still on the roster.

Martin is going nowhere.

All of this is moot anyways because Stephen isn't willing to fork over $80 mil for someone else's player.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All of this is moot anyways because Stephen isn't willing to fork over $80 mil for someone else's player.

Agreed. We will continue to make budget and not win. Go Cowboys!

Regardless of who we sign or don't sign until then, Frederick and Martin are not leaving.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Agreed. We will continue to make budget and not win. Go Cowboys!

Regardless of who we sign or don't sign until then, Frederick and Martin are not leaving.

I think the fact that they know they are going to have to pay Martin and Frederick top dollar is the reason Stephen has been being cheap. Doing his best to avoid cap hell again. I still think if they draft a C and he develops into a starting caliber player before the end of 2017 that Frederick could be traded.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Redskins extend offer to Josh Norman

Well he apparently he just signed with the skins for $75mil according to Ian Rappaport

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Reaction score
After how he shut down both Dez and got into OBJ's head last year, you have to say this is a great move.

Edit the thread title lazy ass moderators.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After how he shut down both Dez and got into OBJ's head last year, you have to say this is a great move.

Edit the thread title lazy ass moderators.

Dez gonna be one footed again this yr?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well he apparently he just signed with the skins for $75mil according to Ian Rappaport

Over 50+ mils guaranteed I read, article said not far from 29 yrs old.

Glad 'lil Danny got his man again!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez gonna be one footed again this yr?

Hopefully not, but he will still be operating with that same mental midget mentality and overblown sense of self worth he's had his entire life. So there's that......

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully not, but he will still be operating with that same mental midget mentality he's had his entire life. So there's that......

He's also been ripping the league a new one every yr till last yr, so there's that too

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Over 50+ mils guaranteed I read, article said not far from 29 yrs old.

Glad 'lil Danny got his man again!

Better them than us. Not sure what their pass rush is like but if it's anything like ours Skins fans will be trying to run him out of town within 3 years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Better them than us. Not sure what their pass rush is like but if it's anything like ours Skins fans will be trying to run him out of town within 3 years.
A good shut-down corner can improve the pass rush. "Coverage sacks."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's been in the league 6 years and had two decent years and one good season

He has averaged 970 yards and 9.8 TD's a season over his career

I wouldn't call that "ripping the league a new one" by any stretch of the imagination

I know I know, he led the league in TD's in 2014. One out of six ain't bad.

I believe we can all agree that was a fluke of a season for us and it was also Dez's contract season. So there's that...

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People here act as if this guy is Deion Sanders. Sorry Dooms, but that pass rush was already better before Norman has his stellar year last season. Add to that... probably the two best LBs in the league in Davies and Kueckly --- former DPOY, and that Dline. I think that contributed m ore to Norman's success than the other way around.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's been in the league 6 years and had two decent years and one good season

He has averaged 970 yards a season over his career

I wouldn't call that "ripping the league a new one" by any stretch of the imagination

Are you talking about Dez...?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The division winning Redskins got better today.

Sure, the price they paid was high, and in a few years they may regret it, but as a football team, their roster got significantly better.

We did not get better this off-season. Once again, our top strategy is "hope." We have to hope Romo can be healthy....hope Dez is healthy....and hope we nail the draft, despite any evidence that we have the ability to actually do that.

The Giants got better this off-season as well and they also finished ahead of us.

The Eagles took a big step towards rebuilding.

We stood pat for the most part.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The division winning Redskins got better today.

Sure, the price they paid was high, and in a few years they may regret it, but as a football team, their roster got significantly better.

We did not get better this off-season. One again, our top strategy is "hope." We have to hope Romo can be healthy....hope Dez is healthy....and hope we nail the draft, despite any evidence that we have the ability to actually do that.

The Giants got better this off-season as well and they also finished ahead of us.

The Eagles took a big step towards rebuilding.

We stood pat for the most part.

Pretty damn scary thought ain't it

Top Bottom