NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I have Gregory on my bust list... but not even his biggest critics can argue with the value in the late second. Had to grab him there.

I thought definitely not worth a 1st too risky but I was shocked he didn't go at the top of the 2nd to any team really. The reward is definitely worth the risk with a late second pick. Could end up being a huge steal if he gets his shit together.

I still have my concerns with his mental health... and also with his weight. Inconsistent off the line too.

Listening to his talk with Marinelli on the phone when he got drafted made me feel even better about the pick. I agree with media guys like Herm Edwards and Trent Dilfer, this organization was probably the best place for him.

Reaction score
Some reports leaking out there that Gregory has Bipolar Disorder. Not the end of the world and certainly doesn't make him a bad person, but Bipolar can be a real roller coaster ride. Could be that the marijuana consumption was his way of dealing with this ups and downs.

Reaction score
So apparently Gregory got a tattoo of the star... Guess that's newsworthy, cause it's all over twitter/facebook.

Reaction score
Some reports leaking out there that Gregory has Bipolar Disorder. Not the end of the world and certainly doesn't make him a bad person, but Bipolar can be a real roller coaster ride. Could be that the marijuana consumption was his way of dealing with this ups and downs.

If we learned anything from the Aaron Hernandez trial, it's that Gregory will have no problem continuing his marijuana use in the NFL.

I think he's gonna work out fine. If Hardy comes back after 6 games, we could be looking real solid on both lines.

Reaction score
They gave him #94, he didnt choose it, didnt sound very excited about that lol. His locker is next to Dez Bryants. :knockout

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Gregory exits practice due to dehydration. Hope it's not cottonmouth.

8 others too including Chaz Bono.

Reaction score
Anyone else think it's kinda fucked up we already handed out #94?

Seems like a slap in the face to Ware.

I'm not big on retiring #s (although I never want to see another player wear 8or 22) but I think we should've let 94 sit untouched for at least a few years.

I hope Gregory lives up to that, and doesn't bust out like Antonio Bryant did 88.

Reaction score
I guess I'm ungrateful. I'm not a huge Demarcus Ware fan. I think Parcells was right - Ware would have been all-world if only he played with a mean streak. Ware was an outstanding individual player, but one never got the sense that he was much of a leader or helped his teammates raise their level of play.

Personally, I'd rather that Gregory turn out to be the next Charles Haley (well, without the peeing on tires thing).

For me, that 94 is more about Haley than it is about Ware.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the whole giving out of numbers to re-create great old players is stupid. If Dez really wants 88 and it's available, okay, I guess. But assigning them to rookies is who may not even want them is just Jerry marketing gobbledygook. Give the players the number they want and if they turn out to be great, their number will mean something to fans.

And in this case, yes, it is kind of disrespectful to Ware. Eight time Pro Bowler, four time All-Pro, DPOY, that's pretty great.

Speaking of Parcells, what happened to these guys being rookies and we don't even know if they can play at this level? Shouldn't they have to prove something first? Instead Jerry basically compares them to an all-time great before their first day of training camp.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Parcells, what happened to these guys being rookies and we don't even know if they can play at this level? Shouldn't they have to prove something first? Instead Jerry basically compares them to an all-time great before their first day of training camp.

Jerry is prematurely giddy, no doubt.

In a brief interview recently (may still be up on dc.com), Garrett reiterated that the team is interested in judging the player based on the player's performance and not on how they were acquired or where they were drafted. Obviously, something that Parcells used to say often.

-- I understand that many can't stomach watching Garrett being interviewed, but I often watch. Oh, and here's a random observation: Garrett sometimes pronounces his words similarly to Christopher Walken.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Anyone else think it's kinda fucked up we already handed out #94?

Seems like a slap in the face to Ware.

I'm not big on retiring #s (although I never want to see another player wear 8or 22) but I think we should've let 94 sit untouched for at least a few years.

I hope Gregory lives up to that, and doesn't bust out like Antonio Bryant did 88.

Jerry trying to clone his past stars and bread winners.

If this franchise is still giving out the #54 to scabs like Darrin Hambrick and Bobby Carpenter then nothing is surprising.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess I'm ungrateful. I'm not a huge Demarcus Ware fan. I think Parcells was right - Ware would have been all-world if only he played with a mean streak. Ware was an outstanding individual player, but one never got the sense that he was much of a leader or helped his teammates raise their level of play.

Personally, I'd rather that Gregory turn out to be the next Charles Haley (well, without the peeing on tires thing).

For me, that 94 is more about Haley than it is about Ware.

So you're ok with Gregory possibly pulling out his dick in room full of guys? Fag

Top Bottom