Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He finally made the playoffs in what I have zero question was a magical year where pretty much everything broke our way.
So far, last year's 12-4 looks like an anomaly from here
Whoa. Glad to see these intelligent statements. When I post the same sentiments, I get lambasted. Likely because I use words like "fluke" and "dumb luck" instead of "magical" and "anomaly."
He's had one strong year.
And the "strong" year came ONLY after he was basically neutered. Coincidence?

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The cowboys have shown consistent improvement, much of it masked by the devastating injury issues they had, particularly in 2013.

I say again, the Cowboys were 1-7 in the first half of 2010, that's who they were. They were 1-4 before Romo got hurt.

Jerry Jones has always wished to appear relevant. In the beginning he would instruct Jimmy Johnson to appear as if he was being consulted whenever the cameras were rolling during the first drafts. The phone he was using was disconnected. He gave himself the title of GM but it was entirely unannounced. When the media found out and asked him about it he wavered, when asked who the GM really was he said the Cowboys had two of them.

This is Jerry Jones. Read his profile, it's comical. Then read the profile of a ewal GM and it's not funny anymore.

The only way the Cowboys have ever really been successful was in the hands of a real GM. The problem is when Jerry makes decisions and screws it all up. He brings in troublemakers and antagonizes his HC into walking away frustrated with him. This is why ivsay that Jason is doing a masterful job. Anyone that can rebuild a team and place it on a winning track despite Jerry's interference deserves utmost respect.

You disagree now, you won't very soon. I stand by my statements.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The cowboys have shown consistent improvement, much of it masked by the devastating injury issues they had, particularly in 2013.

I say again, the Cowboys were 1-7 in the first half of 2010, that's who they were. They were 1-4 before Romo got hurt.

Jerry Jones has always wished to appear relevant. In the beginning he would instruct Jimmy Johnson to appear as if he was being consulted whenever the cameras were rolling during the first drafts. The phone he was using was disconnected. He gave himself the title of GM but it was entirely unannounced. When the media found out and asked him about it he wavered, when asked who the GM really was he said the Cowboys had two of them.

This is Jerry Jones. Read his profile, it's comical. Then read the profile of a ewal GM and it's not funny anymore.

The only way the Cowboys have ever really been successful was in the hands of a real GM. The problem is when Jerry makes decisions and screws it all up. He brings in troublemakers and antagonizes his HC into walking away frustrated with him. This is why ivsay that Jason is doing a masterful job. Anyone that can rebuild a team and place it on a winning track despite Jerry's interference deserves utmost respect.

You disagree now, you won't very soon. I stand by my statements.
Wait, umm... Was Jerruh interfering when he neutered CarrotTop? Then suddenly the 8-8 team is 12-4? What are we missing here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I thought Stats was just being satirical.
Maybe he is, it's certainly possible. If so he should be working for MAD magazine because it's good stuff, if satire.

Is there a fine line between satire and trolling?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lovie Smith deserves to be higher up. Anybody that can make it to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as your QB... that definitely takes some coaching.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I predict the Cowboys will go 11-5 and they will reach the NFC championship game.

No way to prove it, but this same time last year I predicted the Cowboys would have a great season, that DeMarco Murray would have a "Marshal Faulk like season" and the offensive line would look dominant.

I also predicted that Terrance Williams would demonstrate that the Cowboys have two elite receivers, Gavon Escobar would prove that he was far from a bust, and Bruce Carter would remind us of Ken Norton. So, I'm human, okay? Terrance had a good season, his numbers were down but he caught a larger percentage of the Cowboys total completions, and as it was pointed out, there were 100 less to go around. Gavon got few opportunities but 4 of his 9 receptions were TD's. I think he will do far better next season. Bruce Carter? Well, he obviously didn't get my memo.

Further predictions?

Our RB is not yet on the team. He will come from a most unlikely source.

Morris Claiborne will turn his career around.

Brandon Weedon will play a significant role in at least two games.

Hardy will not play a single down for the Cowboys.

La'el Collins will not crack the starting lineup.

Sean Lee will play all 16 games and will make the Pro Bowl.

Bookmark it!

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
LOL thanks for the belly laugh.

You ARE a Satirist, just please admit it.

Laugh. it's cool. They all laughed at me last year......and pretty much every year.....but it is I that shall have the last laugh!

Seriously, I truly believe that this kid wants to be great, he's been derailed by nagging injuries, more than I think we've been led to believe. I think he will give it his all this year and we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Every single poster on this forum has the right to lampoon me AFTER the season. Be very careful before the season. My memory is razor....well....okay.......but I will save some of the more savory comments, I will!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seriously, I truly believe that this kid wants to be great, he's been derailed by nagging injuries, more than I think we've been led to believe. I think he will give it his all this year and we will all be pleasantly surprised.
He is a fucking DOLT dude. A dumbass. That can't be fixed.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would be too shocked with 11-5 after going 12-4 last year.

It seems to me that the general perception among all NFL fans and the media is that we will be average. I don't have any evidence of that, it just seems to be the average opinion I've read so far.

But you're right, it shouldn't be a shock. Even with the loss of Murray and potential of a Bryant holdout, most aspects of this team will improve or continue to play well.

The Cowboys really were just a play or two away from a Super Bowl appearance. I think Seattle was relieved they had to play the Packers.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would be too shocked with 11-5 after going 12-4 last year.

I wouldn't be shocked, because I still think the NFC East is in disarray. Eagles are our biggest competitors but they've changed their roster so much you can't tell what they'll be.

That said, I don't see NFCC for us. I predict 10-6.

Top Bottom