ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hate Garrett as much if not more than anyone here. Hating Carrot Top is probably about the only thing most of us here have in common and generally agree on. BUT, Statman does bring up some good points about him.
No... No, he really doesn't.

Mid got it right. He should go to CZ, where he can be another Fuzzy/Idgit drone. He'll be a hero.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never had a losing season during a complete rebuilding process. I would challenge anyone to find circumstances in which every player but 5 were turned over in a three year period without a losing season. By the beginning of the 2013 season they only had the previously mentioned 4 players plus Ware.

Are you sure of your numbers? Ware, Romo, Witten, Scandrick, Dez, Barry Church, Sean Lee, LP Ladoucer, Miles Austin, Doug Free, Jason Hatcher and Anthony Spencer. That's 12 that I count. Any others?

Oh, and you're way off base with your previous post, Cat Man........

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He should go to CZ, where he can be another Fuzzy/Idgit drone.
Or he could stay here and maybe learn something, maybe become a convert? Through the reading of actual useful posts like:
Are you sure of your numbers? Ware, Romo, Witten, Scandrick, Dez, Barry Church, Sean Lee, LP Ladoucer, Miles Austin, Doug Free, Jason Hatcher and Anthony Spencer. That's 12 that I count. Any others?

Oh, and you're way off base with your previous post, Cat Man........
If he is wrong on his facts it's our duty to straighten him out, right? Not to cuss him, tell him to go elsewhere, and so on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's always this, waiting for if Statman's prediction comes true...

Garrett's value or lack there of will show itself when Romo is no longer here. I'm not interested in Garrett being one of the top HC's when he has a franchise QB in place. That's not how the worth of a HC is judged UNLESS the guy is such a tactician that he gives the team an edge on game day. Bellicheat comes to mind. Yes, he has Brady but if you need to design a D to stop Payton Manning, he gives you a shot.

Can Garrett draft and/or develop a QB post Romo? If he can win with multiple QB's, he can sell me on his worth. Right now, he's done less with more (having Romo) than most of his peers. He's just a really horrible game day coach who gives us no advantage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And besides, Statman probably saw this leaked text conversation between Jerruh and Garrett from back in 2013:

jasonjerruh.jpg

Reaction score
Garrett's value or lack there of will show itself when Romo is no longer here. I'm not interested in Garrett being one of the top HC's when he has a franchise QB in place. That's not how the worth of a HC is judged UNLESS the guy is such a tactician that he gives the team an edge on game day. Bellicheat comes to mind. Yes, he has Brady but if you need to design a D to stop Payton Manning, he gives you a shot.

Can Garrett draft and/or develop a QB post Romo? If he can win with multiple QB's, he can sell me on his worth. Right now, he's done less with more (having Romo) than most of his peers. He's just a really horrible game day coach who gives us no advantage.

On the nosey.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
At least we aren't the Colts and stuck with Chuck. They would have been better dumping him and keeping Bruce. Players lose their jobs from injury all the time, coaches should be no different Lol

Last edited:

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And besides, Statman probably saw this leaked text conversation between Jerruh and Garrett from back in 2013:

View attachment 2949
That text was terrible, Fredrick has been a monster, Williams has been a great replacement for Austin. Escobar hasn't panned out yet but that probably has more to do with being stuck behind Witten and anyone shitting on the Romo deal is a moron.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That text was terrible, Fredrick has been a monster, Williams has been a great replacement for Austin. Escobar hasn't panned out yet but that probably has more to do with being stuck behind Witten and anyone shitting on the Romo deal is a moron.
I guess you didn't get the humor there.

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was going to leave. I really was.

However, I came to the conclusion that you guys really needed me.....badly.

A troll is a hit and run commentator with negative remarks about your team. He isn't going to come at you with information, statistics, or even a reason for his comments. He just wants to get under your skin to see how you implode. I could care less. A troll isn't going to support your coach. He's just going to say something incendiary like "Romo is a Homo" or "The Cowboys will suck forever!"

You don't have much experience dealing with trolls because they only appear when your team is dominant. Get ready.

I meant starters. In 2013 Spencer didn't play. Scandrick played a profound role last season.

Obviously I have to spell it out. Jason garrett has coached for 4 four and a half seasons. He has a 41-31 record.

Harbaugh was handed a team practically ready made.

Chip has coached two seasons.

I have every right to compare Jason Garrett to Vince Lombardi, George Allen, Rich Kotite or Dave Campo, that's how you determine who is good and who suckes, you compare them to guys in the same position, get it?

How does he compare? favorable in some aspects, not so much in others, but the fact remains. He has never had a losing season.

Bilicheck's first 5 seasons:

8-8
7-9
7-9
11-5
5-11

Pete Carroll:

6-10
10-6
9-7
8-8
7-9

Ron Rivera

6-10
7-9
12-4
7-8-1

Jason Garrett built this team. he is the total difference between now and the look on Jerry Jones's face when they got blown out by the Packers back in 2010. For the record, nobody planned on building this offensive lined with 1st round picks. Yes, they did plan on rebuilding it, but it just so happened that the best players available were at those positions when they drafted.

I'm staying.......you will all thank me someday.....yes, even microbrains like Mindswat and ThoughtFailedExperiment.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to leave. I really was.

However, I came to the conclusion that you guys really needed me.....badly.

Stay, no issue with that. This isn't the Own where people are allowed by invitation only or their opinions are censored. Just come out of the closet and quit hiding behind another user name. I actually had high hopes for you and I can appreciate "stats" to form ones opinion. It's stuff like that that can alter mine. But you blew your load in the Murray thread and now you're just reaching and flailing.

I meant starters. In 2013 Spencer didn't play. Scandrick played a profound role last season.

Roster turnover is roster turnover. Back-ups add value and help build your team. If you want to talk about starters, he had Pro-Bowl talent at the skill positions. Especially QB. If Garrett didn't have a QB. I'd give him more of a pass. But Romo has just about broken every statistical category for a storied franchise and the dolt still couldn't win with him or build a team around him.

Harbaugh was handed a team practically ready made.

I'll get to that in a moment. I thought you were a stat guy?

How does he compare? favorable in some aspects, not so much in others, but the fact remains. He has never had a losing season.

I have never heard of this excuse until some Garrett homer thought it up. Unreal. And folks say it with a straight face.

Jason Garrett built this team. he is the total difference between now and the look on Jerry Jones's face when they got blown out by the Packers back in 2010. For the record, nobody planned on building this offensive lined with 1st round picks. Yes, they did plan on rebuilding it, but it just so happened that the best players available were at those positions when they drafted.

Linehan saved Garrett's ass and Will McClay saved Jerry's hide too. Anyone that saw the games last season and prior years under Garrett saw a completely different offense and a different offensive philosophy. We also draft differently and I give Jerry more credit for the rebound than I do Garrett.

I have every right to compare Jason Garrett to Vince Lombardi, George Allen, Rich Kotite or Dave Campo, that's how you determine who is good and who suckes, you compare them to guys in the same position, get it?

You can do that....I mean, it is your credibility. You want to compare him to Lombardi, Allen or Landry, have at it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But Romo has just about broken every statistical category for a storied franchise
A storied franchise that never was a "air it out" type of offensive team. Cowboys team passing records yesterday and today, are mostly a product of the era they happened in. 300 yard games used to be rare in this league, now for the last 10 years it's pretty much the standard.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
By all means stay.
Also compare coaches all you want.Comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari doesn't make it one.
But you plainly implied Garrett having no losing seaons meant he was in the class of Lombardi and Allen.
This is true in the same way Yugos and Ferraris have 4 wheels.
Stop talking down to people.
You clearly have an opinion.
An opinion.

Last edited:

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

View attachment 2949

I'd be all over this except that he was voted best Executive in 2014, that draft was insanely good, and every single one of the folks that was mentioned in that text were big contributors. Oh and if anyone believes that GM Jerry picked them or called when to pick them needs their head examined. Otherwise, just fucking hilarious!! Where's the Chip Kelly ones?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
A storied franchise that never was a "air it out" type of offensive team. Cowboys team passing records yesterday and today, are mostly a product of the era they happened in. 300 yard games used to be rare in this league, now for the last 10 years it's pretty much the standard.

Ok, but he's also listed as #2 just behind Rodgers on the list of stats since the dawn of time. So either he's really good, or that stat is all messed up?

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Now if he actually did that I'd agree with you. He had no plan to build the line with 1st round picks. If Aaron Donald, Shazier and a host of other would have been there when we picked, not to mention Floyd whom Garret and TC wanted like petulant step children, then this myth you would have been exposed for what it was.

There is no way of knowing who they would have picked instead of the linemen. I have seen rumors , but the line is rebuilt and that did happen under Garrett's HC tenure. I don't believe any of the rumors or gossip at draft time. The actual player selected is the only thing we know for sure.

Top Bottom