Reaction score
Only a ****** would keep saying somebody is saying he is or has been good when I havent.

You're being a douchebag.

Was hiring Parcells a bad move?

And Wade wasnt a yes man. He was just a lousy head football coach who ran the team poorly.

And what does "no draft strategy" even mean? Sure he's drafted alot of lousy players. So has every other team in the league.

I said only retards would say he was a good GM. Are you a ******? If not then I didn't say you said he was a good GM.

Parcells was a good hire, after he failed to led the team properly since Jimmy left. Wade was a yes man, he took the job without full input on his staff. He was a laid back coach, just hoping to please Jerry, to me that is the definition of a Yes Man.

No draft strategy produces poor drafts, see many of the drafts since 1995. He wheels and deals around trying to look smart, he doesn't address needs, he reaches constantly, drafts for specials teams, drafts for backups, doesn't evaluate the roster properly at the end of the season, doesn't know the needs of the team, can't draft olineman consistently causing the team to constantly have to dip into FA to fix the oline, no quality depth on the team, etc., etc., etc,

Reaction score
I believed shortly that Jerry had evolved into a quality GM. But I've given up on that.

He's terrible, and I can't wait for him to retiredie.

For every good move he's made, he's made some disguisting mistakes.

Reaction score
I believed shortly that Jerry had evolved into a quality GM. But I've given up on that.

For every good move he's made, he's made at least 3 disguisting mistakes.
Fixed

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess you didn't, or I'm just too lazy to look.

And no I'm not sbk junior, asshole.

So you didnt even read what I said, and assumed I was claiming Jones was a good GM?

And I'm the asshole?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

For every good move he's made, he's made some disguisting mistakes.

I think the same thing can be said about just about everyone.

Jimmy was as good as it gets here, but he made alot of mistakes too.

Reaction score
eh Jerry's not so bad. I like what he's done since hiring Parcells for the most part.

I liked him when he first bought the team. I think he had a hand in building that dynasty.

Then he went all ego and wanted to show he could do it himself, and failed miserably. I grew to hate him from 1996ish to 2003.

I jumped back on his bandwagon from 2003 (Parcells hire) and stayed there until this past year. My hate for him grew again.

I love the Jason hire. And I want to not hate Jerry. But he makes it hard, with the Hard Knocks, traveling training camps, sensationalistic moves, etc.

I'm not a "worst GM evah!!!" guy, but I can honestly say I'm eagerly awaiting the day when he's retired.

Reaction score
Only a ****** would keep saying somebody is saying he is or has been good when I havent.

You're being a douchebag.

Was hiring Parcells a bad move?

And Wade wasnt a yes man. He was just a lousy head football coach who ran the team poorly.

And what does "no draft strategy" even mean? Sure he's drafted alot of lousy players. So has every other team in the league.

Jerry's a wannabe and a horrible GM. One of his best moves was hiring Parcells, but that only happened because he wanted to push for a new stadium and after having run the team into ground culminating in the three straight 5-11 seasons he needed someone to rescue to the franchise. But as soon as BP left Jerry was all finished with "walking on egg shells" and went right back to being large and in charge again.

And the Wade hire was Jerry wanting to put a DC in place and then give him the HC title. He already had his OC hired before the HC was even in the house. It was the same structure as when Gailey was the OC / fake HC and as when Campo was the DC / fake HC or even when Switzer was the figure head on the sideline/fake HC.

This team has been a virtual disaster the last 15 years and it's primarily due to one reason, Jerry Jones. And the only reason they had any success over the last few seasons was due to Jerry having to step back during the BP years. And still, if it weren't for pulling Romo out of our arses we wouldn't have even managed what little success we have had over that time.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I liked him when he first bought the team. I think he had a hand in building that dynasty.

Then he went all ego and wanted to show he could do it himself, and failed miserably. I grew to hate him from 1996ish to 2003.

I jumped back on his bandwagon from 2003 (Parcells hire) and stayed there until this past year. My hate for him grew again.

I love the Jason hire. And I want to not hate Jerry. But he makes it hard, with the Hard Knocks, traveling training camps, sensationalistic moves, etc.

I'm not a "worst GM evah!!!" guy, but I can honestly say I'm eagerly awaiting the day when he's retired.

What other than sticking with Wade too long (too loyal) did he do that was so wrong last year? I was thrilled with our draft, thought we made appropriate FA acquisitions, etc.

I'd also point out that hanging onto Wade too long is Owner Jerry, not GM Jerry. I don't think many GMs have HC firing power.

Reaction score
The VA Cowboy said:
And the Wade hire was Jerry wanting to put a DC in place and then give him the HC title.

Well, I think part of the problem was Bill left is waiting in limbo. Jerry tried to get him to stay, and Bill waited until almost February to make a decision. By then, there weren't many other coaching candidates out there.

What other than sticking with Wade too long (too loyal) did he do that was so wrong last year? I was thrilled with our draft, thought we made appropriate FA acquisitions, etc.

I'm not basing my opinion on him off of one year. I've also loved the recent drafts.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Al Davis? Brown family? That bonehead the Bears had for eons? Cards ownership?

Jerry is THE AL DAVIS #2 of the NFL. IF that Davis ever kicks the bucket. The crown is all Jerry's.

Come on Dbair, homerism or not. You have to see through that cloud and realize Jerry being a GM/Owner is killing this team.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, I think part of the problem was Bill left is waiting in limbo. Jerry tried to get him to stay, and Bill waited until almost February to make a decision. By then, there weren't many other coaching candidates out there.

I'm not basing my opinion on him off of one year. I've also loved the recent drafts.

I was wondering what made you start hating him again? Last year sucked, but it's not Jerry's fault that our defense forgot how to play and Gronk got Romo pile-drived.

Reaction score
I was wondering what made you start hating him again? Last year sucked, but it's not Jerry's fault that our defense forgot how to play and Gronk got Romo pile-drived.

If I'm going to give Jerry some credit for the early 90's dynasty, as well as whatever success I feel Garrett will have, then I'm going to give Jerry a lot of shit for when things go bad.

It starts with him.

Part of the problem with this team is football is not nearly the focus that it should be. The Cowboys are a marketing side show, and Jerry drives that bus.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think we were focused last year. Then Wade kept running his simple D (which works when each individual piece pulls their collective weight - only the only person on our D who was pulling any weight was DWare), never adjusted and Romo got killed. I don't think it's fair to just carte-blanche declare "Jerry's fault" for everything that goes wrong, and start assigning unquantifiable problems to him. There's no way to know if they were distracted, that's an abstract point that might sound good, but there's no real way to argue for or against it rationally. I know Sensabaugh said some shit, but he also complained that they were being run too hard last offseason when Wade decided to go anti-cupcake on them. Plus he is terrible, and there's no way to know how many other players share that sentiment.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is THE AL DAVIS #2 of the NFL. IF that Davis ever kicks the bucket. The crown is all Jerry's.

Come on Dbair, homerism or not. You have to see through that cloud and realize Jerry being a GM/Owner is killing this team.

I think this is just the typical general steretype that people love to run with it. usually something they heard on espn.

The reality is that its not true at all. Our front office spends as much in scouting and developing players as any.
Other organizations like oakland, cincy, Buffalo, carolina barely do anything in this department. I would put our front office with jerry who I am not a big fan of as gm against those any day of the week.

and of course, the actual team that is just a mess and has been since the man showed up is washington. They are actually among the worst run organizations, they actual fit the stereotype that fans generally apply to jerry and Dallas..

They have been horrendous from top to bottom. Free agents, coaches, scouts, trades....the whole ball of wax...terrible.

Washington just hired Richmond flowers as a coaching assistant. Remember richmond flowers? Insert your own guitar joke here.

Our front office is a top notch setup. We have had excellent scouts, personnel people and have hired some outstanding coaches.

We just havent won a superbowl yet with this group. If we do all the talk will be different, but until they do because we have so many johnny come lately's and uninformed fans of this team nationally that the stories and hyperbole never ends.

Jerry has faults 90% of the stuff he does drives me crazy, I firmly believe he cares about money more than anything but even with that he has good people around him and I believe he lets them do their jobs.

Reaction score
Organizations are judged based on success.

We haven't had any.

Again, I don't buy into the "worst GM ever!" mantra... but Jerry does leave a lot to be desired.

Reaction score

That is true, but it still didn't mean Jerry needed to go back to hiring the assistants and then narrowing the choice down to Wade or Norv and then sticking with him for 4 years.

Top Bottom