Reaction score
I never said there was a chance that Jerry was a football genius, those are the strawman's you keep inventing to circumvent my point which is that you are full of shit. I claimed there is a chance that Jerry has always exerted the same amount of control over football operations, regardless of who was in power as head coach - and the only difference is in the caliber of people who he hired. Results differ because there is a huge difference in quality going from Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson to Dave Campo, not because Jerry is exerting more or less control.

It's precisely because Jerry is exerting more and less control. The hiring of guys like Switzer, Gailey and Campo were a response to him not wanting a dominant person in that role like he had with Jimmy. Jerry exerted much more control over the three coaches following Jimmy and controlled more of the personnel decisions during those years.

Show me where Switzer, Gailey and Campo had the same control in hiring their own staffs and in making personnel decisions as guys like Jimmy and Parcells and I'll agree you have a point. But that wasn't a the case.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Implied-facepalm.jpg

Reaction score
So I take it SP believes Jerry has been the same all these years and has given the same amount of power and control to Switzer, Gailey, Campo and Wade that he gave to Jimmy and Parcells.

This is what I've got from what he's saying and it's totally and utterly false. I'll agree to let him and whoever else continue to reach to try and give Jerry the benefit of the doubt.

~handshake / headshake ~

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's precisely because Jerry is exerting more and less control. The hiring of guys like Switzer, Gailey and Campo were a response to him not wanting a dominant person in that role like he had with Jimmy. Jerry exerted much more control over the three coaches following Jimmy and controlled more of the personnel decisions during those years.

I took the liberty of bolding the shit you made up.

Reaction score
So I take it SP believes Jerry has been the same all these years and has given the same amount of power and control to Switzer, Gailey, Campo and Wade that he gave to Jimmy and Parcells.

SP hasn't stated he believes that. He's simply stated we don't know exactly how Jerry has acted, and therefore, we can't pass it off as fact.

Reaction score
I took the liberty of bolding the shit you made up.

Sorry, but I didn't make that up.

Now if I said Jerry gave Switzer, Gailey, Campo and Wade the same power and control over their staff and personnel as he gave Jimmy and Parcells, then you would have every right to acccuse me of making up shat.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry, but I didn't make that up.

Now if I said Jerry gave Switzer, Gailey, Campo and Wade the same power and control over their staff and personnel as he gave Jimmy and Parcells, then you would have every right to acccuse me of making up shat.

I agree.

Reaction score
SP hasn't stated he believes that. He's simply stated we don't know exactly how Jerry has acted, and therefore, we can't pass it off as fact.

He clearly is adamant that it's made up. If he claims he doesn't know then he can't also claim that it's made up shit. He can't have it both ways.

Reaction score
He clearly is adamant that it's made up. If he claims he doesn't know then he can't also claim that it's made up shit. He can't have it both ways.

He's not adament it's made up. He's adament that you don't honestly know the dynamics of Jerry's relationship with any of his coaches, but that you're claiming you are because they suite your agenda - which is Jerry bashing.

I honestly agree with you. I think Jerry had significantly more control over the team during the post Jimmy, pre-Parcells era. But I don't KNOW that.

Reaction score
He's not adament it's made up. He's adament that you don't honestly know the dynamics of Jerry's relationship with any of his coaches, but that you're claiming you are because they suite your agenda - which is Jerry bashing.

I honestly agree with you. I think Jerry had significantly more control over the team during the post Jimmy, pre-Parcells era. But I don't KNOW that.

I know exactly what he's saying. His line of logic reminds me of this:

[video=youtube;yCFB2akLh4s]http://www.youtube.com/watchv=yCFB2akLh4s[/video]

Top Bottom