Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly!

The only way we go above 8 wins this season is "if" everyone stays healthy And EZE is everything we hope him to be, and more importantly "if" Garrett commits to the run like he did in 2014 to save Romo's back.

Garrett has proven that he's not a run first guy so it is unlikely that's going to change now unless he really buys into how good Elliott could be.

That's a lot of "ifs" that have to go our way

I just don't see it happening

I do however believe that for us to go 9-7 or better it will be on the back of EZE. We will have to ride him hard and put him away wet at the end of the season. I just don't see Jason willing to do that until his contract year

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
People who point to this team and 12-4 forget just how retardedly lucky we were that season.

I mean, we literally played 5 rookie/backup/third string QB's that year. We played two of the easiest divisions in the league that year. We remained insanely injury free that year - Morris Claiborne was our only starter lost to injury. And we had a number of crazy flukey plays go our way - Terrance Williams third and twenty toe tapping sideline catch against Seattle. Dez's ridiculous covered catch in OT against Houston. Rams receiver Jackie Williams wide open in the end zone and just dropping a put away TD catch.

Now, I'll concede that any time a team wins 12 games, they're going to catch some breaks. But we caught a ton of breaks that year with fluke plays/health/schedule etc...

And everyone just thinks hey this is the same team. 12 wins no prob.

It's laughable.

what is laughable is you. we did NOT catch as many breaks as your CHERRY PICKED data indicated.

The offense was great and Romo should have been MVP. Now there is no reason this year that the offense cannot be as good or even better. The O line will be better due to experience and collins being better than leary; the only fly in the ointment is Free. As long as he does not fall off a cliff there is no reason to believe the offense cannot match 2014.

The D will be better than the 2014 D as it would be a little hard to be worse.

Therefore your so called conclusions are total horse shit.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Exactly!

The only way we go above 8 wins this season is "if" everyone stays healthy And EZE is everything we hope him to be, and more importantly "if" Garrett commits to the run like he did in 2014 to save Romo's back.

Garrett has proven that he's not a run first guy so it is unlikely that's going to change now unless he really buys into how good Elliott could be.

That's a lot of "ifs" that have to go our way

I just don't see it happening

I do however believe that for us to go 9-7 or better it will be on the back of EZE. We will have to ride him hard and put him away wet at the end of the season. I just don't see Jason willing to do that until his contract year

unless Jerruh makes it clear he wants it that way......

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
we did NOT catch many breaks

The offense was great and Romo should have been MVP.

WTF?? LOL
the D in 2014 and 2015 were virtually the same except for the addition of Hardy and Scandrick being hurt

In 2014 we had 31 takeaways. In 2015 we were dead last in the league in takeaways. Our starting Secondary had fucking zero INT last year. That same cast of characters is back this year with zero change. Well one thing is for sure, we can't get worse than ZERO INT. So we have that to look forward to

Reaction score
what is laughable is you. we did NOT catch as many breaks as your CHERRY PICKED data indicated.

The offense was great and Romo should have been MVP. Now there is no reason this year that the offense cannot be as good or even better. The O line will be better due to experience and collins being better than leary; the only fly in the ointment is Free. As long as he does not fall off a cliff there is no reason to believe the offense cannot match 2014.

Therefore your so called conclusions are total horse shit.

:lol

I'm sorry... but I just cant' take any of your arguments serious and I've not been able to ever since you so vehemently defended Julius Jones and declared him the next great waaaay back in the day. You were such a clueless pompous ass then, and time proved that true.

Just as time will prove this true.

Guaranteed... we'll be closer to 7-9 than we will 12-4.

Now there is no reason this year that the offense cannot be as good or even better.

Yeah except Romo is two years older at 36, and has had four major surgeries and got knocked out of his final game on a rather innocent looking hit.

Oh and Dez was injured most of last year and to date is still not 100%. Witten is older and slower. EE has the potential to be great, but hard to expect a rookie to top almost 1900 yards. You know, shit like that.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
If Romo is healthy I could see 9-10 wins. This division is still pretty shaky. Romo and a recommitment to the running game should be able to take advantage.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's "if" we commit to the run

Any typos in the above post can be directly contributed to Siri and her damn Autocorrect

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Considering the investment made and talent on our OLine and at RB, it would be pretty fuckin retarded not to.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree, I believe we all agree

But when have we ever known Garrett to Not be retarded?!?!?

Any typos in the above post can be directly contributed to Siri and her damn Autocorrect

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Garrett still shit the bed that year against Washington, probably costing us home field advantage against Green Bay. Garrett is going to Garrett, regardless of how healthy Romo is. He thinks he is this great leader and will find a way to jack things up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett still shit the bed that year against Washington, probably costing us home field advantage against Green Bay. Garrett is going to Garrett, regardless of how healthy Romo is. He thinks he is this great leader and will find a way to jack things up.

It was the best case scenario year for him though. He'll never be better than that in all likelihood.

But they did run the offense correctly that yr and it paid dividends for Romo, Murray, Dez and the team as a whole. Hopefully they'll do the same thing this year.

Reaction score
It was the best case scenario year for him though. He'll never be better than that in all likelihood.

But they did run the offense correctly that yr and it paid dividends for Romo, Murray, Dez and the team as a whole. Hopefully they'll do the same thing this year.

Unless Eze turns into LaDainain Tomlinson or KCs Priest Holmes or Shawn Alexander in his prime in sheer TDs, the question is not about can the offense run the ball it's more when should they run it. Hopefully Jason has learned to keep the 5ypc running back on the field for 3rd down and 2 and not empty the backfield.

Top Bottom