Reaction score
Don't worry. He's coming.

David-Shaw.jpg

Is that Tidwell from Jerry McGuire?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jones doesn't really know what a good coach looks like either it appears.

He knows Holmgren is good. Just like Gruden and Fisher. He just wants to make the puppet show work first. But if it doesn't he might give in. Not that I have much hope, but it could happen.

As for Shaw, totally agree that it won't happen because Jerry only hires from his circle of friends. Guess he didn't with Gailey, and maybe not even with Wade. But for the most part, yeah, he does. It was sheer luck that he knew Jimmy from college.

Plus Shaw might be in such demand that he chooses another place -- if he even wants to go to the NFL.

In all honesty, my pick for coach if/when Garrett gets the axe is Zimmer. And as much as people might laugh, I think he might be pretty good. If nothing else, he's a certified hardass. As we've seen from that 2002 draft day article you posted, he doesn't mind telling Jerry to kiss his ass, either.

Reaction score
He knows Holmgren is good. Just like Gruden and Fisher.

Not big on Holmgren since I think he's old and washed out, but I cry a little each time I see Gruden's QB camp segment. I think Gruden could turn Romo (and this offense) into a consistent top 3 in the league, especially with Dez emerging now. Gingerfag has no idea how to use multiple talented pieces for a fluid offense. This is actually why JJ should have just shelled out and paid Sean Payton the $8 mil. We fucking had him for the taking and let him walk back to NO.

Fisher will have St Louis relevant again within one more season while we continue to decline over here.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As for Shaw, totally agree that it won't happen because Jerry only hires from his circle of friends. Guess he didn't with Gailey, and maybe not even with Wade. But for the most part, yeah, he does. It was sheer luck that he knew Jimmy from college.

Bill?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He knew Jimmy and all, but he also got major pushing from Frank Broyles to hire Jimmy as well.

In all honesty, my pick for coach if/when Garrett gets the axe is Zimmer. And as much as people might laugh, I think he might be pretty good. If nothing else, he's a certified hardass. As we've seen from that 2002 draft day article you posted, he doesn't mind telling Jerry to kiss his ass, either.

My God. Stop. NOW.

Top Bottom