JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-2013-schedule.ece?ssimg=1092403#ssTop1092472

Sept. 8 vs. New York Giants: Win (1-0). As always, there will be a lot of hype going into this one. At this point, the majority of the Cowboys roster is near full health and they turn in an impressive showing, defeating the Giants for the first time in five tries at Cowboys Stadium.

Sept. 15 at Kansas City Chiefs: Win. The Cowboys defense stuffs the box to stop Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles, encouraging quarterback Alex Smith to beat them with his arm. He doesn’t.

Sept. 22 vs. St. Louis Rams: Win (3-0). DeMarco Murray ran for 253 yards the last time these teams played. St. Louis will be keying on him. Tony Romo and the Cowboys receivers provide the majority of the offense in a shootout victory.

Sept. 29 at San Diego Chargers: Win (4-0). Yes, Dallas opens the season 4-0. Romo and Philip Rivers lock horns in a battle of who makes the fewest mistakes.

Oct. 6 vs. Denver Broncos: Loss (4-1). Both teams enter at 4-0, a game that dominates the television coverage leading up to kickoff. Both quarterbacks put in Peyton Manning-type time preparing, but the four-time NFL MVP comes out on top.

Oct. 13 vs. Washington Redskins: Win (5-1). Robert Griffin III is still working his way back from off-season knee surgery and the Cowboys are eager to prove that they can defend the former Heisman Trophy winner. Redskins running back Alfred Morris gets his number called often and Rod Marinelli’s front four are ready for it.

Oct. 20 at Philadelphia Eagles: Loss (5-2). Monte Kiffin's defense struggles against Chip Kelly’s high-powered offense and the Cowboys drop to 5-2.

Oct. 27 at Detroit Lions: Win (6-2). The Cowboys offensive line is in for a long day, struggling to keep defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley off Romo. But Romo uses his ability to buy time in the pocket and carves up a poor Detroit secondary.

Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota Vikings: Win (7-2). Like the Kansas City game, Kiffin has his defense focused on stopping the running game. Minnesota quarterback Christian Ponder has opportunities to win the game but the Cowboys secondary comes up with multiple turnovers.

Nov. 10 at New Orleans Saints: Loss (7-3). Running into a hot New Orleans team on Sunday night football in the Superdome leads to the Cowboys dropping to 7-3.

Nov. 24 at New York Giants: Loss (7-4). The Cowboys look sluggish coming off the bye week and Eli Manning gets revenge for the opening week defeat.

Nov. 28 vs. Oakland Raiders: Win (8-4). For the third consecutive season the Cowboys win at least eight games, improving to 8-4 with a win over a sub-par opponent.

Dec. 9 at Chicago Bears: Loss (8-5). The Bears offense is much improved under new head coach Marc Trestman. Bears tight end Martellus Bennett turns in an outstanding performance against his former team.

Dec. 15 vs. Green Bay Packers: Loss (8-6). Aaron Rodgers is playing at an MVP level and the Cowboys have no answer. Dallas suffers its most-lopsided loss of the season.

Dec. 22 at Washington Redskins: Loss (8-7). Griffin plays much more like he did during his rookie season and the result is a three-game losing streak for the Cowboys.

Dec. 29 vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Win (9-7). Kiffin shows that he can design defenses to stop Kelly’s offenses, but the Cowboys miss the postseason for a fourth consecutive season as 9-7 leaves Dallas one game back of the division champion Giants.

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing Dallas beats the Giants, Redskins, and Chargers, then plays well vs Denver, but loses to the Eagles.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Losing five of the last seven would certainly suck. The win total sounds about right unfortunately.

Reaction score
Coaching is so crucial in this league. I can't see us winning more than 8 games once again. Even when our team is better (or at least evenly matched), Garrett has gotten jizzed on by the opposing coach and has also shown zero ability to make in-game adjustments.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think they can beat the Bears. I think they struggle with the Rams

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think they can beat the Bears. I think they struggle with the Rams

Don't say that, I'm probably going to the Rams game. I have a multi-game losing streak going of games I attend (USC and Dallas).

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oct. 13 vs. Washington Redskins: Win (5-1). Robert Griffin III is still working his way back from off-season knee surgery and the Cowboys are eager to prove that they can defend the former Heisman Trophy winner. Redskins running back Alfred Morris gets his number called often and Rod Marinelli’s front four are ready for it.

Interesting stat: Morris averages 5+ yards when Robert plays, but 3+ yards in Robert's absence.

Oct. 20 at Philadelphia Eagles: Loss (5-2). Monte Kiffin's defense struggles against Chip Kelly’s high-powered offense and the Cowboys drop to 5-2.

Kelly's offense will have their growing pains like the Redskins early in the year. And besides... Kiffin has better talent than what he had at USC.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Don't say that, I'm probably going to the Rams game. I have a multi-game losing streak going of games I attend (USC and Dallas).

Probably karma for all the things you say about McSurdy. I expect Lee will have a new contract and be hurt by then so you should get to see McSurdy dominate that game

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Probably karma for all the things you say about McSurdy. I expect Lee will have a new contract and be hurt by then so you should get to see McSurdy dominate that game

Screw you. I still hold you responsible for Corey Procter.

Reaction score
If we start 8-4 and finish 9-7... I'll grow even more indifferent to this team than I kind of already am becoming.

I have no idea if that makes sense.

Reaction score
I'd guess that the Broncos, Saints, and Packers games are losses. The other games are coin flips.

Reaction score
I don't know man... training camp starts in like 10 days and I don't even feel a tinge of excitement.

I think I'm starting to develop a black heart when it comes to this team.

Top Bottom