dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo apparently watched tape of a bunch of guys the Cowboys were interested in. Apparently liked Escobar and Williams a lot.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope we draft another one in the 2nd next yr, just to piss you off

I hope you go to a bar and a beautiful girl asks you to come back to her apartment and fuck her, but only after you get butt fucked by her male roomate.

Then I hope you ask a vague question on the forum about "what would you do if a beautiful lady. . . ."

Then I hope you never live it down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you go to a bar and a beautiful girl asks you to come back to her apartment and fuck her, but only after you get butt fucked by her male roomate.

Then I hope you ask a vague question on the forum about "what would you do if a beautiful lady. . . ."

Then I hope you never live it down.

I like that my contributions to this establishment are never forgotten

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: "We're not through yet, and we might still be in the blocking tight end business."

for real Jerry?

Reaction score
The big question for me is whether Romo and Red can actually run an offense that gets significant receiving productivity from two TEs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You can draw up any offense you want, but if players aren't getting open, what's the point?

I agree that coaches should be drawing up favorable match-ups, but if the players aren't winning them then that is just as a big a problem.

The beauty with Escobar is that he doesn't need to be completely open to catch passes. He's so tall and his catching radius is so wide that Romo should be able to fit any pass into him. Not even mentioning that by themselves, Escobar's skills make him a match-up nightmare.

And we've all seen how big Romo is on trust. If he can't trust you to catch the ball or be at the right spot, he's not going to throw it to you. He can trust Escobar.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Fasano pick is meaningless. He was Bill Parcells eating the ND Italian TE cheese.

Bennett is another story. It's clear they wanted him to develop into a dynamic, reliable pass catcher. Instead he became an unreliable, tip drill creator. When he reached for balls, bad things happened. He is just like David in that. Instead he was a body catcher, again, just like David. He catches balls into his body.

They failed in that talent evaluation and for that Garrett and Jones deserve ridicule but that is besides the point. All they are doing is going back to the well to get a guy that can fill that role.

If you think the two TE offense is a dumb idea then that is again another thing. You should loathe this pick. Crying about it happening before is just whining. Bennett being an asshat has nothing to do with Escobar's ability to succeed in that role.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Two preseason games and a few weeks of NFL practices. He's a bust.

Lets cut him.

Reaction score
The Cowboys drafted a project in the 2nd round. Escobar is a project.

He lacks sufficient strength to fill his projected role. He needs another off-season to get strong enough. We won't know if he's good enough until next year.

He had a good catch this week in practice. It'd be better if he had a good bench press.

In the meantime, Hanna will get a fair chance.

Reaction score
He actually didn’t look too bad in the Raiders game. He made a few decent blocks. He made that great catch in camp a few days ago. Some progress, not much, but some. Still too early.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
An offensive lineman would have been the better pick.

I'm so sick of this team taking tight ends in the second round I could puke.

Top Bottom