yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody's ever said this, but privately I have thought it since the start of the season - ole Kelly's been sandbagging. He knows games in Sept and Oct really aren't the Bee's Knees. Using Murray sparingly keeps him strong for when Kelly is ready to just dominate people. November, December, January and February.

I've thought something similar, not sand bagging per se, but taking a long ball approach knowing his teams have faded at the end of the year and he has a bunch of new guys he just put together.

He has some talented players with pride and are competitive and I don't think they'll just close up shop after a rough start. I'm also not ready to buy into the idea that Kelly is an idiot, I suspect they'll improve as the year progresses, injury willing

Hopefully Kellys philosophy just cant work in this league but the giggles don't figure that out for about 10+ years

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think he knows the history of those 400 carry backs and is pacing him.

I also think Gruden was absolutely correct tonight that this shotgun offset offense doesn't suit him at all. He needs to be going more downhill.

Personally, I think Matthews is just about as good as Murray anyway.
Can't argue with any of that.
I've thought something similar, not sand bagging per se, but taking a long ball approach knowing his teams have faded at the end of the year and he has a bunch of new guys he just put together.

He has some talented players with pride and are competitive and I don't think they'll just close up shop after a rough start. I'm also not ready to buy into the idea that Kelly is an idiot, I suspect they'll improve as the year progresses, injury willing
Yup.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You are correct
Karma for the fans celebrating when Romo broke his collarbone
It's just now coming back to them
It works both ways foo, if you believe in that sort of thing. Romo's collarbone is your fault, for previous acts of you wishing injuries on enemies.

12 year-olds do that, please stop posting that stuff.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually never rooted for an injury before this season

With our tendency for injuries this year and what it has done to our team this season I just would like to see the playing field even

I don't want to see anyone receive a season or career ender

But if a key player on either of these two rivals misses a few games I wouldn't be upset

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It works both ways foo, if you believe in that sort of thing. Romo's collarbone is your fault, for previous acts of you wishing injuries on enemies.

12 year-olds do that, please stop posting that stuff.

And for the record,, my post about Bradford not finishing the game against us isn't something I'm hoping will happen

It's something I predict will happen
He's made of glass and with both Hardy and Gregory back they will get to him. Probably multiple times!

I see him either getting hurt or getting so shaken up that they replace him

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With our tendency for injuries this year and what it has done to our team this season I just would like to see the playing field even
It never is! Life itself ain't "fair" either!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's something I predict will happen
He's made of glass and with both Hardy and Gregory back they will get to him. Probably multiple times!
You don't know that he even makes it there, to play us again, and you don't know that Hardy and Gregory will even be there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They typically get some pressure. But tonight they were all over Eli

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You really believe that shit? Seriously? I get it. Maybe you're trying to play devil's advocate, but seriously.
No... LOL

But, really we lucked out vs NY the last time. If they run the ball there at the end then kick the FG, we don't go down the field for the game winning TD with only 40 seconds left and no timeouts.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No... LOL

But, really we lucked out vs NY the last time. If they run the ball there at the end then kick the FG, we don't go down the field for the game winning TD with only 40 seconds left and no timeouts.

If if if. That old chestnut again.

Well IF Beasely doesn't fumble, or Witten have that fluke INT --- seems to always have them against the Giants; they Cowboys would have won by a greater margin. Take a look at the box score, we dominated them in total yards and nearly every other category.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If if if. That old chestnut again.

Well IF Beasely doesn't fumble, or Witten have that fluke INT --- seems to always have them against the Giants; they Cowboys would have won by a greater margin. Take a look at the box score, we dominated them in total yards and nearly every other category.
Not arguing that, just saying - Eli's flub at the end left the door open where normally given the entirety of the game up to that point, it would have been shut.

I'm with you though, I'm not scared of anyone in our division at this point.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With both these teams inability to protect their QB's I like our chances a lot more now that we have a pass rush

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not arguing that, just saying - Eli's flub at the end left the door open where normally given the entirety of the game up to that point, it would have been shut.

I'm with you though, I'm not scared of anyone in our division at this point.

But for those two issues I named... Eli's flub wouldn't have made a difference is what I am saying. It cuts both ways.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With both these teams inability to protect their QB's I like our chances a lot more now that we have a pass rush

But then there is fucking Garrett. Pass rush becomes ineffective when the offense is constantly going 3 and out.

Top Bottom