Reaction score
This isn't just any immoral act being committed. Joe Paterno is not being fired because he cheated on his taxes or drove him drunk one night. He was in a position to save many young boys from being molested but he failed to act appropriately. This is what matters, not the law or company policy.

Cheating on your taxes or driving drunk are both against the law.. what Joe did is not.

Saying "he was in a position to save many young boys" is a misleading statement, as even when an incident was reported to police and state government officials, nothing was done to Sandusky before. There's no guarentee he would have saved even one boy.

Look, the bottom line is, i've already agreed he should have stepped down. Everyone knows that, he knew it himself. Just based on the fact that he is the face of that school and was somewhat involved in the situation. How much, no one knows, and if it was just that he heard that one incident and informed his superiors right away, i'd say university administrators are the ones who failed him and caused all this mess by not taking the appropriate action with the information he gave them. If they had done so, none of this would be happening right now. But as Joe needed to go.. so does EVERYONE.

McQueary and Curley still having jobs right now continues to be just downright sickening to me, and there's very little media outrage over it like there was about Paterno's role, even though these two shitheads were more to blame for letting these actions continue. Its not justice.

Joe should not take the fallout of everyone's actions in this mess. He's 60 years of service and his history to the students, players, and university should show what kind of man he is.. and he made this one time a hugeeee error in judgement. When its all said and done, i don't think people remember him for only this though. He's 60 years of good deeds and generosity won't be forgotten by any of the thousands of people who's lives he's made better or by anyone who knew of him. I really do believe that.

As for Sandusky.. there will be a special place in hell for him.

Top Bottom