Cythim

Reaction score
Read this one on someone's FB today:

What do you call an old lady that likes young boys? A cougar.

What do you call an old man that likes young boys? A nittany lion.

lol

I'm not laughing at the joke, I'm laughing at how horrible it is

Reaction score
Scapegoat implies that no one else is catching heat for this. That's completely untrue.

There are literally 100 or more people who "could've done more" to maybe prevent more sick acts like this from Sandusky, and while people are talking about a few, nearly ALL of the media coverage has been about Paterno. There has been 100 times more media coverage on Joe than there has been about Sandusky, Spanier, Curley, Schultz, and McQueary combined.. all of whom are more at fault from the information we've heard than Paterno.

How about PA Dept of Public Welfare? How about the local municipal police or the DA's office? Do we see the same kind of media outrage over any of these people that we do over Paterno? Not even close.

Media scapegoat.

Reaction score
There are literally 100 or more people who "could've done more" to maybe prevent more sick acts like this from Sandusky, and while people are talking about a few, nearly ALL of the media coverage has been about Paterno. There has been 100 times more media coverage on Joe than there has been about Sandusky, Spanier, Curley, Schultz, and McQueary combined.. all of whom are more at fault from the information we've heard than Paterno.

How about PA Dept of Public Welfare? How about the local municipal police or the DA's office? Do we see the same kind of media outrage over any of these people that we do over Paterno? Not even close.

Media scapegoat.
Wrong. McQueary has caught plenty of media heat. The only reason Paterno has caught more is because he's the face of that university.

Sandusky is an afterthought, because there's no imagining how much scrutiny he's going to face. I can't imagine anyone in Pennsylvania not knowing about this when it comes time for trial. Getting a jury of 12 who haven't heard of this is going to be next to impossible.

No one knows anyone in the PA Dept. of Public Welfare, and no one cares. The old DA is supposedly dead, and the new DA is finally doing something.

I know you love Paterno and everything, but he's not the only person catching heat on this. I don't think anyone holds him any more culpable than McQueary, Sandusky, or any of these other guys you listed. He's just more well-known. The only reason you think he's being made a scapegoat is because you think so highly of him and those pictures hurt you more.

Reaction score
Wrong. McQueary has caught plenty of media heat. The only reason Paterno has caught more is because he's the face of that university.

Sandusky is an afterthought, because there's no imagining how much scrutiny he's going to face. I can't imagine anyone in Pennsylvania not knowing about this when it comes time for trial. Getting a jury of 12 who haven't heard of this is going to be next to impossible.

No one knows anyone in the PA Dept. of Public Welfare, and no one cares. The old DA is supposedly dead, and the new DA is finally doing something.

I know you love Paterno and everything, but he's not the only person catching heat on this. I don't think anyone holds him any more culpable than McQueary, Sandusky, or any of these other guys you listed. He's just more well-known. The only reason you think he's being made a scapegoat is because you think so highly of him and those pictures hurt you more.

I never said Paterno was the only one catching heat.. and i never said i love Joe Paterno. Two false statements right there. Go back and read and try again.. maybe stick to the facts and what was said this time rather than projecting what you think my feelings are on the matter when you have no idea.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Penn State football is about to be irrelevant for the next 15 years. Outside of hiring someone like Tony Dungy I don't see them doing anything to save the program.

Reaction score
I never said Paterno was the only one catching heat.. and i never said i love Joe Paterno. Two false statements right there. Go back and read and try again.. maybe stick to the facts and what was said this time rather than projecting what you think my feelings are on the matter when you have no idea.
What do scapegoat mean?

Damn dude. My first post in this thread told you the definition of scapegoat, and you took issue with it.

That Penn State education ain't lookin so hot right now.

Reaction score
Penn State football is about to be irrelevant for the next 15 years. Outside of hiring someone like Tony Dungy I don't see them doing anything to save the program.

There were rumors about Urban Meyer swirling for awhile.. i doubt that happens now.

Reaction score
What do scapegoat mean?

Damn dude. My first post in this thread told you the definition of scapegoat, and you took issue with it.

That Penn State education ain't lookin so hot right now.

Your comment was he isn't the only one catching heat.. well no shit. But he's the MAIN guy catching heat.

If i told you right now to go scour the internet and bring back all the articles you can find from this scandal about anyone not named Joe Paterno, and i went and looked for all the articles i could find that focus on Joe Paterno, i would have more posted.

..and it wouldn't even be close.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah, its gonna be tough there. Alot of my family are big Penn State fans (Dad's family are all from Pennsylvania). They are pretty bummed.

Cythim

Reaction score
Your comment was he isn't the only one catching heat.. well no shit. But he's the MAIN guy catching heat.

If i told you right now to go scour the internet and bring back all the articles you can find from this scandal about anyone not named Joe Paterno, and i went and looked for all the articles i could find that focus on Joe Paterno, i would have more posted.

Most people outside of Penn State and and Big 10 have no idea who those other people are. The focus was on Joe Paterno because his is the only name most people know.

Reaction score
Yes that was my comment... and yes it was obvious. But I wasn't the person who said JoePa was a scapegoat. That was you. My comment was directed towards that. Apparently you don't know what a scapegoat is. A scapegoat is someone who is sacrificed to take the heat off of others. That's not what is happening. I'm sorry you're a dumbass and used the wrong term.

None of this supports your misuse of the term scapegoat. Sorry.

Top Bottom