Reaction score
I doubt Joe Pa is squeaky clean in all of this.

He's not. He knows he fucked up. He needed to go, as well as the rest. The fact that McQueary and Curley are still employed by the university and being paid is sickening.. as is the fact that the university is paying for Curley and Schultz's legal fees.

Reaction score
Yes that was my comment... and yes it was obvious. But I wasn't the person who said JoePa was a scapegoat. That was you. My comment was directed towards that. Apparently you don't know what a scapegoat is. A scapegoat is someone who is sacrificed to take the heat off of others. That's not what is happening. I'm sorry you're a dumbass and used the wrong term.

None of this supports your misuse of the term scapegoat. Sorry.

He's a media scapegoat. They give 90 percent of the coverage to one man, not even the man who raped all these little kids, but one man out of the 100 plus people who could have done more to stop Sandusky.

Its simply, like cynth said.. because he's "the most famous". I understand that's how its going to be, but it doesn't make it right.

I bet most people who reported on this in the past week can't even spell Sandusky or McQueary.

Reaction score
He's a media scapegoat. They give 90 percent of the coverage to one man, not even the man who raped all these little kids, but one man out of the 100 plus people who could have done more to stop Sandusky.

Its simply, like cynth said.. because he's "the most famous". I understand that's how its going to be, but it doesn't make it right.

I bet most people who reported on this in the past week can't even spell Sandusky or McQueary.
lol

You still don't get it.

Meanwhile word is Sandusky has had his house vandalized and McQueary is in protective custody because he has received death threats. But they're not catching enough heat for you.

And I've already said Paterno is going to get a lot of coverage because he's the face of that university. But glad you decided to join the party on that one.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

No doubt Joe needed to be fired. He knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. As should the other coaches.

It'll be odd seeing another head coach besides Paterno on the sidelines for Penn. St. Also, recruiting will be a challenge from here on out.

Reaction score
Joe Pa is just as guilty as anyone since he decided not to pursue it any further than the AD...

If someone at my work had a similar situation and I was in Joe's spot I would stop till that mother fucker was sitting behind bars-thats the RIGHT THING to do anything else was a conscience decision ignore the situation.

There is a ton more than will be found out, its been rumored that the local cops might have been covering up for it too...Local radio in Ohio has had all types of speculation out on this right now.

Reaction score
lol

You still don't get it.

Meanwhile word is Sandusky has had his house vandalized and McQueary is in protective custody because he has received death threats. But they're not catching enough heat for you.

And I've already said Paterno is going to get a lot of coverage because he's the face of that university. But glad you decided to join the party on that one.

Yea, one of us still clearly doesn't get it. Again, media scapegoat. He's receiving more of the attention and negative press for this than anyone else involved.. by far, and its unwarrented because everyone else played just as bad or worse of a role in all this. That its because he's famous, which even though you "already said" is obvious to anyone with half a brain, doesn't make it right.

Its silly.. though not that big a deal in the scope of everything that went down. I'll be looking forward to hopefully seeing McQueary and Curley fired in the next few days, and if they arn't.. seeing the board members go down in flames over this as well. Im interested to see what the investigation turns up because i think once its all said and done there are going to be alot more people involved than the many that already are. Still haven't heard much about the state dept, his wife, or the people helping to run his charity. All of those are people that clearly knew something was wrong as well.

Reaction score
Joe Pa is just as guilty as anyone since he decided not to pursue it any further than the AD...

If someone at my work had a similar situation and I was in Joe's spot I would stop till that mother fucker was sitting behind bars-thats the RIGHT THING to do anything else was a conscience decision ignore the situation.

There is a ton more than will be found out, its been rumored that the local cops might have been covering up for it too...Local radio in Ohio has had all types of speculation out on this right now.

The local cops and state welfare dept definitely knew about the 98 incident and that should have been enough to stop him right there and then, yet they did nothing.

Reaction score
Yea, one of us still clearly doesn't get it. Again, media scapegoat. He's receiving more of the attention and negative press for this than anyone else involved.. by far, and its unwarrented because everyone else played just as bad or worse of a role in all this. That its because he's famous, which even though you "already said" is obvious to anyone with half a brain, doesn't make it right.
So you admit that other people are getting negative press and attention, yet still claim Paterno is a "media scapegoat?"

:roythehammer

Cythim

Reaction score

Paterno isn't being scapegoated by the media, his was the story with the most national interest so it got the most air time. They haven't said as much about him since he was fired because that is where his story ends. Now everyone is interested in seeing how deep it goes and how it will impact the program.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

I don't think he's just guilty of that. I wouldn't be surprised if he partook in some boy luvin.

Reaction score
38528026208627677171439.jpg

Reaction score
I don't think he's just guilty of that. I wouldn't be surprised if he partook in some boy luvin.

Funny.. from the information at hand right now, he isn't really guilty of anything. I find it funny how sick we are as a society and yet we want someone to lose their job based on morality. If those same people were being tried for all their own actions and their job was on the line based on how moral or immoral they have been in their life.. im sure they'd reconsider how they felt about it.

Reaction score
Funny.. from the information at hand right now, he isn't really guilty of anything. I find it funny how sick we are as a society and yet we want someone to lose their job based on morality. If those same people were being tried for all their own actions and their job was on the line based on how moral or immoral they have been in their life.. im sure they'd reconsider how they felt about it.

I agree with Roy.

It's really fucked up that people are losing their jobs simply because they swept a while minor child molestation thing under the rug, and continued to let a child molester use the facilities, and hang around children.

Reaction score
I agree with Roy.

It's really fucked up that people are losing their jobs simply because they swept a while minor child molestation thing under the rug, and continued to let a child molester use the facilities, and hang around children.

Im suprised at your lack of comprehension, and your distortion of what was said.. oh wait..

Cythim

Reaction score
Im suprised at your lack of comprehension, and your distortion of what was said.. oh wait..

You said it is funny how everyone is so immoral yet are willing to fire someone for moral purposes. The thing here is most people are not immoral to the point of raping young boys or turning a blind eye to that rape. It was a pathetic attempt at downplaying the severity of the crimes being committed at Penn State. Your compassion for what is happening makes you just as sick as the rest of them. You should consider leaving the Cowboys community and going back to the Eagles where your kind belong.

Reaction score
You said it is funny how everyone is so immoral yet are willing to fire someone for moral purposes. The thing here is most people are not immoral to the point of raping young boys or turning a blind eye to that rape. It was a pathetic attempt at downplaying the severity of the crimes being committed at Penn State. Your compassion for what is happening makes you just as sick as the rest of them. You should consider leaving the Cowboys community and going back to the Eagles where your kind belong.

Joe Paterno didn't turn a blind eye to anything. He never witnessed a rape, and when he was informed of something occuring, he went immediately to his superiors with the info, per company policy. Legally, he did what he was supposed to do, so he shouldn't have lost his job. He lost it because the board was trying to distinguish the PR nightmare and everyone's focus at the time was on the "most famous" guy instead of the guys who acted the worst in the entire mess.

Again, if we sit everyone in this country down and start taking jobs away because of any immoral act any of us has committed, there will be almost no one left with a job. We're a nation of hypocrites.

Cythim

Reaction score
Joe Paterno didn't turn a blind eye to anything. He never witnessed a rape, and when he was informed of something occuring, he went immediately to his superiors with the info, per company policy. Legally, he did what he was supposed to do, so he shouldn't have lost his job. He lost it because the board was trying to distinguish the PR nightmare and everyone's focus at the time was on the "most famous" guy instead of the guys who acted the worst in the entire mess.

Again, if we sit everyone in this country down and start taking jobs away because of any immoral act any of us has committed, there will be almost no one left with a job. We're a nation of hypocrites.

This isn't just any immoral act being committed. Joe Paterno is not being fired because he cheated on his taxes or drove him drunk one night. He was in a position to save many young boys from being molested but he failed to act appropriately. This is what matters, not the law or company policy.

Top Bottom